Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

just bouht mine from bonecrushers conctact...$439 shipped.

Spyder Garage

Default hindle exhaust

I purchased mine on E-bay for $484.59 from Hondaeasttoledo

Spyder Garage

Default Hindle swap was easiest mod ever...

Just added my Hindle and it was a snap. No problem with the spring and no gasket needed. Very easy. Nice sound.

So now I'm all set for my Red Carpet Ryde - Me and 3 others from the Livermore area are on our way down the PCH (Pacific Coast High) by 7am (6/26). Hope to see you at Bob's Big Boy Friday Night

Spyder Garage

Just bought mine on E-bay for $420 (new) - should I consider using silicone to seal it??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Just bought mine on E-bay for $420 (new) - should I consider using silicone to seal it??
    Absolutely. And let it dry overnight.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Got it - thanx

Spyder Garage

It's on and is great - but why was there a new clamp in the box?? the Hindle doesn't need/use a clamp, the clamp wouldn't close down that far, AND it made a mess of the sealant on my new pipe!!!

Had to steel wool it off the next day....

Even so, this was my first 10 minute chore...

Spyder Garage

It's on and is great - but why was there a new clamp in the box?? the Hindle doesn't need/use a clamp, the clamp wouldn't close down that far, AND it made a mess of the sealant on my new pipe!!! ...
    You must have a different Hindle than the one setting in my garage. It does not require a gasket like stock but it does require a band clamp... in addition to the spring.

And, hi-temp RTV or silicone is recommended (let it dry over night) for a good seal.

There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

That's interesting - there's no split(s) in the connector, and the clamp doesn't come close to clamping the pipe - it's way too big, and I can't see what it would do, without the splits..

Any comments are welcome - seems to work just fine tho..

Spyder Garage

That's interesting - there's no split(s) in the connector, and the clamp doesn't come close to clamping the pipe - it's way too big, and I can't see what it would do, without the splits..

Any comments are welcome - seems to work just fine tho..
    They very well could have come out with a new Version III. The early Version I was just like the stock pipe... used the same gasket and everything.

Version II eliminated the gasket and came with a new clamp. I have that one.

I agree... without the splits on the female side, there's no use for a clamp.

My Spyder:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderByter View Post
    I also read in one of the posts, someone disconnected the battery. Is this necessary? I know it is with some other mods for the puter to relearn (remap?), but I thought the Hindle was not one of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I think its a good idea with the Hindle also. Any free flowing exhaust can affect the way the engine runs. Its easy to just disconnect the battery, install the Hindle, then reconnect the battery.
    Have a question. I just installed a used two-Bros exhaust pipe, and Orbit now has a hesitation to her. I only got up to five MPH in the parking lot so I do not know how she reacts when going faster. In fact, I do not want to ryde her more than I have to in this condition. This leads me to two questions.

1) The guy I bought the pipe from (bought it used) said that I do not need a gasket between the pipe with the curve that connects the exhaust pipe, and what I believe is the Y-pipe. Yet, there was a gasket of some type when I pulled off the OEM pipe. Should I have put this back on?

2) These posts talk about disconnecting the battery, but I did not do this. Should I disconnect the battery, and reinstall the exhaust pipe (and the gasket), and then reconnect the battery?

Thanks for any help.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold