Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had 5 tows with spyder, all on flat bed in Cali and Nevada(doesn't even offer motorcycle coverage) and there was no up charge but AAA in different states have different coverages so...
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

I have used AAA for 20 years for all my rides. They have allways did a great job coast to coast.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Just be sure you get the add-on for RV/Motorcycle - it isn't expensive to add, but, at least in CA, they won't handle your Spyder without it. This is a no-brainer, and given how far and few between dealerships can be I highly suggest Premier, if you can get it. That adds some very long distance towing. Seven miles isn't worth very much on a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I was thinkin about AAA, but I intend to look into Good Sam first. Thanks for the info.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Just one man's opinion here... In the US I have not yet found a universal "Roadside assistance" program that can even be comparable to AAA. What a salesman tells you their service will do, vs. when you are stranded and find out the truth, is all the proof I need.

Even though I represent 100+ Insurance Companies, I do my best to educate our clients to this fact. I ask them to consider the Towing offered on their policy vs. all the added benefits that AAA offers. (And no, AAA is not one of those I represent)

In fact... There are a few Insurance Companies that even offer a 5% discount on your autos if you already have a AAA membership. Depending on the amount of vehicles and coverage's you have chosen, the AAA membership could be paid for in the savings from your auto policies... And then some...

Not to mention, there are Hotel Discounts, Food etc. offered as membership rewards.

My suggestion, read up the the offerings of AAA and find the one that best fits your needs... Good luck regardless!
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have Spyder insured by Markel and it includes 24 Hour Emergency Road Services. Benefits are

Tire
    Battery
    Deliver of Gas, oil and other accessories or supplies
    Towing only 35miles
    Locksmith
    Lodging and food for 3 days if stranded.

Spyder Garage

Default AAA

Quote Originally Posted by C3517C View Post
    I've never had AAA before, but they sent me an offer in the mail and it seems almost too good to be true. $57 for one year of service in any vehicle I'm riding in. Even if I'm a pasenger, rental, Spyder, whatever. This covers tows for any reason, locked out of car service, jump start, and other minor stuff. Im in Nevada and its common for me to be over 100 miles from any town. One tow would cost more than several years of service. Can any of you with AAA experience tell me if this is legit, or am I jumping into a bunch of hidden charges ?
    Been a member for years, its the best value for the buck you can find, its paid for itself and more

Spyder Garage

Check the tow distance, it might be less then 100 miles

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default AAA

Everyone ahead of me, pretty well summed it up. Check your current insurance policy for having towing and roadside assistance first. It is just like having a fire arm. You carry it for years then the very day you leave it home, you need the darn thing

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yep, what they said! So far as checking your local coverage.
    Some states require RV to cover your Spyder, so ask them specifically.
    Also about the distance. (Ours is 100 miles, but ours will allow us to use 2 tows to cover extra miles.)

I've had AAA forever and won't leave home without it.
    We've had at least 4 tows with our Spyders.
    (The BEST towing coverage is a joke. If you need a tow at a time that your dealer is not open, you pay storage/impound fees. Also, it only covers a certain $$$amount. Our dealer is 65 miles from our house and it would cost us over $150 per tow.)

Spyder Garage

NAPA Also gives a 7 to 10% discount on AAA