Spyder Garage

Default droptail trailer

thinking about a droptail trailer. wondering if anyone had one and how well does it work. is there enough tie down positions and if you use the tie downs that are furnished is that good enough? my has a bump skid and just wondering if it would bottom out going up the ramp? also how well does the trailer track and pull. thanks for any advice. torn between the droptail or a aluma utility trailer.

Spyder Garage

Cool DropTail Trailer

Bought one last year to haul the spyder to Cuba for the fest. Pulled it with a Lincoln Navigator with absolutely no problem. Fantastic engineering and it looks good. Tracks and loads well, I also have a skid plate on mine. Hydraulic pump is really good and easy to operate. The only mod I made to mine, which i recommended to the manufacturer, is the nut and bolt holding the two emergency cables. The nut is spot welded and will not hold well if you ever lost the tow and really needed the emergency cables. I took it to a weld shop and they fabricated a strong loop and welded to the frame of the trailer. Very secure.

Tie downs are definitely enough for the spyder. To protect the spyder, I trailered with with the custom cover by Can Am. Worked great with no scratches on the bike or windshield. I also considered the Aluma but they didn't have one that folded against the wall. The drop tail folds to two feet from the wall. I needed the space in my two car garage.

Good luck. The guy at the factory where they build these things is fantastic.

Spyder Garage

Default Droptail Trailer

We have a droptail trailer manufactured by Cargo Craft. We have no problem getting the RT-S in/out of this trailer. Also, we have the Spyderprops bump skid plate and it does not drag on the drop down gate. This trailer came with hooks bolted in the floor and makes it easy to strap the Spyder for traveling purposes. We have used a Tahoe or a F150 truck to pull the trailer with the Spyder onboard without any problems. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send some pictures of our trailer.
    Reese
    2010 RT-S SE5 Orbital Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailer to haul Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by rcantrell52 View Post
    We have a droptail trailer manufactured by Cargo Craft. We have no problem getting the RT-S in/out of this trailer. Also, we have the Spyderprops bump skid plate and it does not drag on the drop down gate. This trailer came with hooks bolted in the floor and makes it easy to strap the Spyder for traveling purposes. We have used a Tahoe or a F150 truck to pull the trailer with the Spyder onboard without any problems. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send some pictures of our trailer.
    Reese
    Where can I purchase a droptail trailer and what would be an approximate cost here in SW Florida.
    Thank you!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BIG TEX drop tail open trailer

DROP TAIL OPEN TRAILER
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydman View Post
    thinking about a droptail trailer. wondering if anyone had one and how well does it work. is there enough tie down positions and if you use the tie downs that are furnished is that good enough? my has a bump skid and just wondering if it would bottom out going up the ramp? also how well does the trailer track and pull. thanks for any advice. torn between the droptail or a aluma utility trailer.
    I'm using a BIG TEX drop tail open trailer. Paid $1595.00 for it in 2011. The bed dimensions are: 5 ft. wide by 10 ft. long. Plenty of room for my RT - S. The wheels are behind center, so it's easy to manuever, and backing up is a cinch. I installed a Tailgate Assist, because it's almost a 2 man job to lift the gate. Now, I can raise and lower it with one finger. There are four tiedown loops welded to the side rails, but I needed to add a heavy duty screw eye to the front rail to properly tie down the Spyder.
    It's a good fit for Spyder owner.

Dive safe,
    CapNCrunch
    : =)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CapNCrunch View Post
    DROP TAIL OPEN TRAILER

I'm using a BIG TEX drop tail open trailer. Paid $1595.00 for it in 2011. The bed dimensions are: 5 ft. wide by 10 ft. long. Plenty of room for my RT - S. The wheels are behind center, so it's easy to manuever, and backing up is a cinch. I installed a Tailgate Assist, because it's almost a 2 man job to lift the gate. Now, I can raise and lower it with one finger. There are four tiedown loops welded to the side rails, but I needed to add a heavy duty screw eye to the front rail to properly tie down the Spyder.
    It's a good fit for Spyder owner.

Dive safe,
    CapNCrunch
    Just curious as to how a 5 ft. trailer fits a 5'2" wide Spyder? What's the trick?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I thought DropTail was a trailer with a hydraulic lowering tail gate with the entire trailer foldable so that it could be stood up. Now I guess they are ten foot long. I am so confused.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recluze View Post
    I thought DropTail was a trailer with a hydraulic lowering tail gate with the entire trailer foldable so that it could be stood up. Now I guess they are ten foot long. I am so confused.
    You are correct, the droptail has the hydraulic lowering tail gate.

http://www.droptailtrailers.com/Powe...ilers-s/21.htm
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 77" X 10 ft

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Just curious as to how a 5 ft. trailer fits a 5'2" wide Spyder? What's the trick?
    Thanks for catching that. My mistake. The dimensions are
    77" X 10ft.
    CapNCrunch