Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elio

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That sounds ambitious; I hope that they can make it happen!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

If I didn,t have to tow a 1,000 pound Jet ski trailer I,d sell my Sport Trac and get the Elio!!! Tout Suite!!!!

But it wouldn,t compare to the Sport Trac in This---
    Attached Images Attached Images

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Hi Randy, We plan on having distributors in the top 60 markets. We believe that an Elio customer will be willing to drive 100-150 miles to buy a new Elio since new vehicles are on the average, are purchased every 11 years or so. However, the same customer may not be willing to drive 100-150 miles for service. So, we will have 2000 service locations around the country. That's about the same footprint as Toyota. In a previous post, it was mentioned that we were going to have one distribution and servicing point.. that being Shreveport plant. That is not true. Shreveport will have a distributor though .. and a servicing center.. that only makes sense. Finally, we love to use inbox feature because we can keep track of comments that need to be answered...not because of privacy. As you can imagine, it is very easy to miss answering a comment or two ... three or four..and even more! It isn't by design, we just miss them because of the sheer volume of posts on various threads!

www.eliomotors.com
    "We plan on having distributors in the top 60 markets."
    "we will have 2000 service locations around the country. That's about the same footprint as Toyota."

The quotes are from the above article written by Elio Motors. The website shows none of this. I'm not from Missiouri, but I am still saying show me! At this late date, they must have these distributors lined up, and they must have several of these service locations ready to go. I would like to see a partial list. How about 5% of the dealers--that's only 3. How about 5% of the servicing locations--thats only 100.

Here is what Bloomberg says about Elio

July 31, 2013 7:47 PM ET
    Automobiles
    Company Overview of Elio Motors, Inc.

Company Overview

Elio Motors, Inc. designs and manufactures passenger vehicles. The company intends to develop a three-wheel gasoline car which gives 70 miles per gallon. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
    Phoenix, AZ
    United States
    Founded in 2008
    www.eliomotors.com

Key Executives for Elio Motors, Inc.

Mr. Paul Elio (THIS WEBSITE CANNOT BE FOUND as of 7/31/13)
    Founder
    Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2013.

Elio Motors, Inc. Key Developments

Elio Motors, Inc. Announces Vehicle Manufacturing Facility in Shreveport
    Jan 3 13
    Governor Bobby Jindal announced that Elio Motors plans to assemble new vehicles at the former General Motors Shreveport plant. The company plans to create 1,500 new direct jobs by late 2015. The company announced it will produce enclosed, three-wheeled vehicles capable of attaining a highway mileage rating of more than 80 mpg. The company's manufacturing facility will occupy approximately 1 million square feet of the more than 3 million-square-foot, former GM site. The company will begin renovation of the facility in early 2013 in conjunction with the real estate transaction, followed by the production of prototypes. Elio Motors expects to begin commercial vehicle production in mid-2014, with significant hiring at the Shreveport facility to begin by the second quarter 2014 and full employment to be reached in late 2015.

My Question: Where are they at in the renovation and set up of the plant? I have made a fairly thorough search of the internet and other than articles published on Jan 3, 2013, and updated on Jan 17, 2013, I can find no further information about any work being done on the plant in preparation for the production of the Elio. Is there anyone from Shreveport that can give any further information?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-01-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Where were you and Bloomberg when Henry Ford got started?

Wow! Your nothing but doom and gloom! I like to think positive.

Go to their website and fire away with your questions. They have responded to all my questions. BRP won't even do that!

Spyder Garage

Where were you and Bloomberg when Henry Ford got started?

Wow! Your nothing but doom and gloom! I like to think positive.
    Very sorry to offend some--but

I just don't want to see people losing their hard earned money on what "APPEARS" to be a pipe dream or a scam. I saw this personally take place in Duluth, MN in the early 1990's. That time they were going to re-do the GMC Motorhome. It would have been an economic boom for the city. Nothing ever came of it except a lot of puffing and taking of freebies by the proponents.

I would like to see more facts than just puffing from the website. What's wrong with asking how the progress on the new plant is coming, what's wrong with asking for a partial list of dealers, what's wrong with asking to know who some of the 2000 servicing dealers are going to be. This stuff has to be in place for the company to sell and service this new brand of car. Obviously there are a lot of people who have faith in Mr. Elio. I am just asking for some substance to appear.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-01-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Patience grasshopper.

Spyder Garage

Patience grasshopper.
    Agreed. I have stated a few times that I hope I am proved wrong. I will gladly eat crow if these cars are delivered as promised. I have become suspicious as the timeline has been moved up, and I cannot find any independent verification that something is indeed happening in the Elio world.

Like you say: I will try to achieve the proper state of patience and hopefully all will be well in the Elio world.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Elio "mule" stops

Posted stops on Elio site

New York City Area – August 7th through 11th

Philadelphia, PA – August 13th and 14th

Woodward Dream Cruise, Detroit MI – August 16th and 17th
    http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Denver, CO – August 28th, 29th and 30th
    Last edited by Rando; 08-01-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Just Wondering: With all the free advertising Elio has been getting here, should they not be a SL sponser? I have seen others get shut off long before this point.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

well I'm willing to cut them some slack... here's hoping that they pull off almost 80 percent of what they've been saying!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    well I'm willing to cut them some slack... here's hoping that they pull off almost 80 percent of what they've been saying!
    Interested in betting on a bottle of Johnny Walker Red, or something like that?

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not a betting man; my success rate is pretty much a "Kiss of Death" for whatever it is that I have bet upon...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Just Wondering: With all the free advertising Elio has been getting here, should they not be a SL sponser? I have seen others get shut off long before this point.
    They don't have to be a sponsor here unless the people who sell the product or run their message boards are promoting here. I know Randy has an interest in running message boards about the Elio so maybe that where these conversations should be.

By the way I would not run a banner ad for Elio.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for a clarification...
    I just kind of figure that this sort of buggy would naturally generate a bit of talk from folks like us!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    They don't have to be a sponsor here unless the people who sell the product or run their message boards are promoting here. I know Randy has an interest in running message boards about the Elio so maybe that where these conversations should be.

By the way I would not run a banner ad for Elio.
    I also thank you for the clarification. It has been an interesting point/counterpoint thread. The only bad part, is that it is at least a year from some kind of resolution. Perhaps Elio will post more information on their website with answers to some of the more vital questions.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(I kind of hope that they're just too busy nailing stuff together in preparation for actually building stuff. )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    (I kind of hope that they're just too busy nailing stuff together in preparation for actually building stuff. )
    I am trying to abide by the "Patience Grasshopper" directive. Planning on doing some additional research to keep busy in my slow time.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just an FYI on deals like this. I had worked with a company that did some pretty cool stuff but they used the stuff that worked to build confidence in investors for things that were pipe dreams. One of the projects I worked on was an automated welding system for sea containers. The inches per minute that this guy told the company he could do was not feasible. After doing my best to get it to run as fast as it could and still have a quality weld I found I was still way off his goal. When I asked him where he got his projected numbers he said that's what he had to produce to get the contract. I'm thinking this guys numbers are the same, he has investors that he's shooting numbers to that are just not possible in the real world. Do you really think he's going to produce this thing for that price and that kind on mileage? To be honest I don't.

This same guy I'm talking about got to a family member of mine for about $150,000 with a pie in the sky electric motor that he was going to equip all these service vans with. Many good hearted people lost everything believing in what this guy had to say. He had some successful projects but this was not one of them. I would love to be proven wrong on this one and if they hit those numbers I'll buy one in a heartbeat but I'm not on pins and needles holding my breath as some seem to be.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My curiosity in this might have more in common with the guy who watches NASCAR racing for the wrecks...

Spyder Garage

Just to clarify a few things. Other than putting down a non-refundable deposit, I am in no way associated with Elio Motors. Yes, I attempted to contact Lamonster to ask about starting an Elio board. Several boards had already been started so I gave up the idea.

I have been a "tadpole" recumbent trike rider for many years and have been a supporter of the "reverse trike" design way before the Spyder. To me, the Elio is perfect timing and I am willing to wait, even if the projected dates slip. And I predict they will since they are committed to getting it right. Even the Spyder delivery dates slipped in the beginning.

FMI: http://www.industrialbicycles.com/Re...tTricycles.htm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Randy,
    In honor of that fine Planet from which you hail...

Let's all hiope that Elio will...

Spyder Garage

Just to clarify a few things. Other than putting down a non-refundable deposit, I am in no way associated with Elio Motors. Yes, I attempted to contact Lamonster to ask about starting an Elio board. Several boards had already been started so I gave up the idea.

I have been a "tadpole" recumbent trike rider for many years and have been a supporter of the "reverse trike" design way before the Spyder. To me, the Elio is perfect timing and I am willing to wait, even if the projected dates slip. And I predict they will since they are committed to getting it right. Even the Spyder delivery dates slipped in the beginning.

FMI: http://www.industrialbicycles.com/Re...tTricycles.htm
    Thank you for posting this. It is definately a wait and see and there are many who are interested in Elio and what is going to finally transpire with it.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default GMA

Elio … going national!

Elio to appear on Good Morning America on August 8th, 2013!!

We are very excited to share with you that we are going to appear on Good Morning America this Thursday August 8th, 2013! We are heading to the Big Apple and will kick off our Preview Tour there with a huge segment on the number one rated morning show in America! It is hard to express how excited we are to have this cool opportunity! Please tune in to your local ABC affiliate and share this with all of your family, friends, co-workers, strangers... everyone!

https://www.eliomotors.com/faq/

Letters to the Editor
    We are still receiving thousands and thousands of emails, thank you so much for the interest! We are almost caught up from our backlog and we will continue to answer each email personally!
    Last edited by Rando; 08-03-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Seriously debating deposit. Looks like this will be another fun/practical toy.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 08-11-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default New SpyderPops outlet?

Deposit made. I think I will be calling SpyderPops for a bumpskid in the next year. Oh, and Powersports Wraps for another Honey Burl Dash Kit.