Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool GO Pro Camera mounting help

Does anyone have a good procedure for mounting a Go Pro Camera to a 2011 RS? Got one from the wife and I really want to protect my camera. She also got me a roll bar mount, but just wanted to know if anyone has mounted a camera and what would be the best way to protect it? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I have the GoPro tripod mount with a Ram Mount 1 inch ball (with 1/4-20 stud), and can put it anyplace I've got a matching ball.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Suction Cup to the Windshield

The wife found the Suction Cup mounting device for the HD3 actually works great on the windshield of our RT. It sits low enough as to not block your view. We put velcro on the remote and the handlebars. Works perfect for us.

Spyder Garage

Default MOUNTING

i don't have the GO-PRO (too expensive)... but i mounted mine utilizing one of the Tupperware fasteners... see pix below...

SAM_0378.jpgSAM_0379.jpgSAM_0380.jpgSAM_0381.jpg
    SAM_0313.jpg

Spyder Garage

Suction cup works great. I also mounted one of the flat quick conects right below the very center of the widsheild above the trunk. I mounted the remote control around right side handlebar. Also my helmet all worked great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    i don't have the GO-PRO (too expensive)... but i mounted mine utilizing one of the Tupperware fasteners... see pix below...

SAM_0378.jpgSAM_0379.jpgSAM_0380.jpgSAM_0381.jpg
    SAM_0313.jpg
    That's a really slick and proffesional looking mount. Great work and idea
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    That's a really slick and proffesional looking mount. Great work and idea
    got my camera here: http://www.dhgate.com/
    all kind'za motorcycle stuff, and other stuff as well...
    all i did was drill a 1/4" thru the base, and BINGO, i had it mounted... camera has 8G and works gr8....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lots of places on the Spyder to mount the GoPro. I use the suction cup on any smooth surface. There are way more options than on a regular motorcycle. I tried the suction mount on the windshield... too much vibration unless you mount it low. Your roll bar mount could be clamped onto the passenger rail for a unique angle.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default GoPro Mount

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Lots of places on the Spyder to mount the GoPro. I use the suction cup on any smooth surface. There are way more options than on a regular motorcycle. I tried the suction mount on the windshield... too much vibration unless you mount it low. Your roll bar mount could be clamped onto the passenger rail for a unique angle.
    I also tried the suction cup mount on the windshield and agree, way too much vibration. I even mounted it as low on the center of the windshield as possible and still, way too much vibration. I'm still unsure about mounting on the where I can't reach it, in case it comes loose and falls off .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTVIPER View Post
    .. I'm still unsure about mounting on the where I can't reach it, in case it comes loose and falls off .
    I've had mine with the suction cup on the tank of my track bike. It held steady at 130mph. I have friends who've attached it with the adhesive snap in clips and run a whole race with it. If you want, you could always attach a tether line to it and tie it off onto the Spyder.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Go pro mount

I have thought about using the base out of the box. Getting a bunjie and tying it to the A frame.I bought a chest harness. I think it was less than $30.I plan on testing it out ASAP.
    Last edited by Trail200; 01-12-2013 at 06:04 PM.