Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Adding BRP Bluetooth Dongle - Questions Answered.

Bluetooth® Dongle forAudio System (Kit P/N 219 400 458)
    I’ve been wanting to know if the Bluetooth Dongle in the new catalog page 68 will fit any RT with a radio, not just the 2013 and the STs. I think it will. If you look at close to the top of page 68 it says, Catalog link: http://www.brp.com/Flipbooks/Can-Am-...?Culture=en-us

This will enable you to wirelessly:
    - Use your Bluetooth cellphone, MP3 Player and GPS
    - Communicate with other SENA users
    - Connect with the Bluetooth Dongle for Audio System (219400458)and the AM/FM Integrated
    Audio System (219400349 for ST, 219400464 for RT), listen to the radio.

219400464 is the number of 2012 and earlier RTs radio

So, I called my dealer and he didn’t know for sure if itwould work so he looked up the install instructions and sent them to me. Itcomes with a wiring harness and an Audio Adaptor(for vehicles without multifunction harness). Correct me if I’m wrong but I think you have the multifunction harness if you have the CB. But it looks like it will work either way. This is also the reason it is more expensive than the Bluetooth dongle you can buy straight from Sena. From BRP you get mounting bracket wiring harness and an adapter to use if you don’t have the multifunction harness and the Dongle. I’m going to order it and install on my 2011 RT. I’ll report back what I find out.I’m curious now if it mutes the spyder speakers when using Bluetooth. I’ve attached the install instructions for everyone to see. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byp...0lPOE1BU2N3eGM
    Last edited by lyonsden; 01-07-2013 at 11:21 PM.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Please let us know how it goes....

I have the CB in my 2012, page 5 of the docs you posted states to remove the CB module?

thanks for post
    harry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm curious as well; I was reading the Accessory catalog during 'Bama's dismemberment of the Fighting Irish, and kind of got the impression that it was for 2013 models only...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm curious as well; I was reading the Accessory catalog during 'Bama's dismemberment of the Fighting Irish, and kind of got the impression that it was for 2013 models only...
    It looks to me like it will fit any RT (with a radio) because it says "Spyder RT, ST 2013". Wouldn't it say "Spyder RT 2013, ST 2013" if it only fit 2013?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that you're right; that was where I mis-read the paperwork...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Question Question about the bluetooth feature

This seems like a great idea to me. I have the full system in my RT-S, and use the wired headsets from BRP I never wanted the CB anyway, so if it has to come out to provide the bluetooth that would be OK.

However, does anyone know if the "IPod" interface in the trunk will still work if you take out the CB? Does the iPod controls and audio go through the radio or through the CB? My dealer is pretty clueless about the audio system on these Spyders, so I am hoping someone here might know.

If anyone has the audio system without the CB, does the iPod plug in the trunk still come with the system? Can you control the iPod from the control pod if you do not have the communications system?

Any/all input will be appreciated.

Mr Bill
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The SM10 needs the interface/connector cable (whatever you want to call it) and it is available direct from SENA. It is in their latest update to suppliers. Only became available last Friday.
    Please let us know if you get a Sena Part #

...Ben...

Spyder Garage

Default Dongle power

Is the Dongle powered by the Spyder? Or does the battery need to be charged? I just bought a new 2013 RT Limited with the dealer installed Dongle and the SMH10 headsets. Dealer was unable to get the headsets to pair with the dongle. Any tips would appreciated. Even tried another new dongle and could not get it to pair. Dealer is going to contact BRP or Sena next week for help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by can-am sam View Post
    Is the Dongle powered by the Spyder? Or does the battery need to be charged? I just bought a new 2013 RT Limited with the dealer installed Dongle and the SMH10 headsets. Dealer was unable to get the headsets to pair with the dongle. Any tips would appreciated. Even tried another new dongle and could not get it to pair. Dealer is going to contact BRP or Sena next week for help.
    Yes the Dongle is powered by the spyder. I can't imagine having trouble pairing. I have done mine several times and it has been easy and fast every time. Good luck and let us know what the problem was.

Spyder Garage

Default SM10 Sena adapter part #...

Quote Originally Posted by MtlBen View Post
    Please let us know if you get a Sena Part #

...Ben...
    I just got off of the phone with SENA and they claim that the only adapters they have to connect the sm10 to the Spyder are the 7 pin DIN type. Has anyone come up with a part number for the dongle that will connect directly to the radio, and supply power as well as audio?

Spyder Garage

Default Still waiting for the call to say its here

Quote Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
    I just got off of the phone with SENA and they claim that the only adapters they have to connect the sm10 to the Spyder are the 7 pin DIN type. Has anyone come up with a part number for the dongle that will connect directly to the radio, and supply power as well as audio?
    What you have stated is correct Sena have produced a DIN style interface which will connect the onboard audio (if you have it fitted) to the SM10, which will let you hear the onboard system if you have the SMH10. Lyonsden has been down this path and it all works. Am still waiting for my package to arrive here in OZ. When I finally get it I will post what is marked on the packaging if that helps, could be another week or so. If that is too long you may want to contact Dave - site sponsor to get the lowdown.

Robby

Spyder Garage

I saw a post asking about using non Sena Bluetooth headsets with this dongle setup. I have the Scala (G-9). Is anyone using this with the new dongle and how does it work? Any info would be great!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdale46 View Post
    I saw a post asking about using non Sena Bluetooth headsets with this dongle setup. I have the Scala (G-9). Is anyone using this with the new dongle and how does it work? Any info would be great!
    you should be able to pair any devices with BT via the dongle

Spyder Garage

Default mdale46

Quote Originally Posted by mdale46 View Post
    I have no Sena Bluetooth headsets, BILT Techino helmets, they work great with the SM10, but they only work either as the intercom between helmets or hearing the stereo. I haven't figured out yet how to have it with both at the same time. I'm still trying to get it so both the intercom and stereo works together and when you talk on the intercom the stereo fades a little bit. If anyone out there knows the solution, let me know. I am a new Spyder owner, and I am learning. Semper Fi mdale46, USMC 68-88.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What you have stated is correct Sena have produced a DIN style interface which will connect the onboard audio (if you have it fitted) to the SM10, which will let you hear the onboard system if you have the SMH10. Lyonsden has been down this path and it all works. Am still waiting for my package to arrive here in OZ. When I finally get it I will post what is marked on the packaging if that helps, could be another week or so. If that is too long you may want to contact Dave - site sponsor to get the lowdown.

Robby
    so if you buy the SM10 and the SENA cable directly from SENA it will allow the onboard radio to be used via BlueTooth?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    so if you buy the SM10 and the SENA cable directly from SENA it will allow the onboard radio to be used via BlueTooth?
    You need the BRP cable. I doubt sena makes a cable with the proprietary connection that plugs into the radio unit. It will let you listen to the radio/ipod via your bluetooth headset. My understanding is anything that comes out of the speakers will come out through your headset, though I may be mistaken there. I only have radio/ipod, so I can't tell you about gps or cb (listening only if it works at all, no speaking).

Spyder Garage

Default Yes you can get the interface cable from SENA

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post

Yes the interface/bridging/ what ever you want to call it din style cable is available direct from SENA. Yes you need this to connect the SM10 to the onboard audio. This then connects via BT to the SMH10 which will give you intercom/gps/phone and onboard audio (if fitted) All BRP has done is get a package from a third party, have it branded by them with their logo and sell it as a product with their logo on it and charge a crap load more for it. This package is not available from OZ BRP dealers. In OZ we have no choice but to either import the whole BRP system from the US or go straight to the horses head and get it via our SENA importers here in OZ. Unfortunately still waiting for the package to arrive via the SENA reseller here in OZ.

Robby

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just ordered my dongle today. Based on this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gday Lyonsden, spent a heap of time discussing with the importer and wasnt until I pressed him to look deeper that he finally found the release from SENA which is "supposed" to be the Din style cable/interface/linkage which is plugged into the radio from the SM10. I am still waiting for it to end up in my hand. As far as cost, it is the whole package(SMH10,SM10 and interface cable) that is a fair difference, not just the SM10, allthough I can still have it here in Oz for $180au, if I got it from the US I would have a fairly high freight charge on top. It does help that our $$ is still slightly better than yours, but why would I bother when I can have it landed here and still have all the warranties stand up over here. I am still waiting for the arrival of my order. As soon as I get something concrete in my hand I will update.

Robby
    This DIN cable would plug in where one would plug in their wired headset. Not directly into the radio unit itself like the BRP cable that you can only get through the kit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    This DIN cable would plug in where one would plug in their wired headset. Not directly into the radio unit itself like the BRP cable that you can only get through the kit.

That makes more sense but what if you're not wired for the headsets? I don't think mine is. At least I don't think so. I didn't order the headsets. ??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsden View Post
    That makes more sense but what if you're not wired for the headsets? I don't think mine is. At least I don't think so. I didn't order the headsets. ??
    If you aren't wired for headsets, you need the BRP kit. There is no way around it. And unless you are willing to have either a wire running from outside your bike to the inside or want the dongle out in the open, there is no way around getting the kit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    If you aren't wired for headsets, you need the BRP kit. There is no way around it. And unless you are willing to have either a wire running from outside your bike to the inside or want the dongle out in the open, there is no way around getting the kit.

I already have the kit. I was just trying to clarify for others. Thanks John

Spyder Garage

Gday Lyonsden, spent a heap of time discussing with the importer and wasnt until I pressed him to look deeper that he finally found the release from SENA which is "supposed" to be the Din style cable/interface/linkage which is plugged into the radio from the SM10. I am still waiting for it to end up in my hand. As far as cost, it is the whole package(SMH10,SM10 and interface cable) that is a fair difference, not just the SM10, allthough I can still have it here in Oz for $180au, if I got it from the US I would have a fairly high freight charge on top. It does help that our $$ is still slightly better than yours, but why would I bother when I can have it landed here and still have all the warranties stand up over here. I am still waiting for the arrival of my order. As soon as I get something concrete in my hand I will update.

Robby
    Robby

I'm afraid you may be mistaken. The connector in the BRP kit is not the same as the one direct from Sena and is not DIN style. It is a BRP proprietary cable that supplies both audio and power to the Sena SM10. See pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366897199.471199.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366897314.618856.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366897361.885160.jpg
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Default You are correct

Gday Kinggeek, it does appear through further research due to the rep hear in Oz being slack and not getting the cable as discussed in the country yet, that you are correct and I am wrong. I will have to go back to the rep again and ask why he cannot get the said cable as per BRP kit, as BRP don't actually make the cable, it would be made by SENA for BRP (an assumption, not known fact) happy to be advised differently. Worst case scenario for me is to have to get the kit from the US. Not that bad a thing as most companies are easy to deal with from here. As the Aus$$ is up on yours it may well offset some of the freight costs. Now only need the SM10 and associated cables. Have the SMH10H already. cheers Robby

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by muleman1 View Post
    but, I've got the SM10, two SMH10's, and now I have the official Sena Can-Am cable.

I was under the impression that I could pick up audio via my dongle and cable through the i-pod connection in the rear trunk of my RT.

Am I missinformed?
    I think you are misinformed. The Sena cable is for use with the CanAm communication system. The iPod port in the trunk is for audio input not audio output.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac