Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Nose Mask Or Bra

Do dealers carry front "Nose Masks Or Bra's" for the Spyder or are they available aftermarket?

Spyder Garage

Cool Never seen one

[QUOTE=MaybeSpyder?;556371]Do dealers carry front "Nose Masks Or Bra's" for the Spyder or are they available aftermarket?[/QUOTE
    I've never seen one. Other than for the look, don't really see a need. You'll find that bugs clean off pretty easily from Tupperware and small rocks just bounce off. Spend your money on a good bump skid to protect the nose from small critters.

Spyder Garage

Default Cover

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeSpyder? View Post
    Do dealers carry front "Nose Masks Or Bra's" for the Spyder or are they available aftermarket?

Try local auto dealer for installer of 3M film on vehicle fronts. Works great, I had RT front and side panels and front of saddle bags covered. Be sure to clean bug juice at the end of day, Re; the bug acid will damage film. Have put 21000 miles across the Country and all looks new.
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wa3wheels View Post
    Try local auto dealer for installer of 3M film on vehicle fronts. Works great, I had RT front and side panels and front of saddle bags covered. Be sure to clean bug juice at the end of day, Re; the bug acid will damage film. Have put 21000 miles across the Country and all looks new.
    I've done the film routine on my Subaru myself and had a professional apply it to my wife's Audi, as she's pickyer. On my current bike a Goldwing I have a Black Mask which really helps keep it clean and paint chip free. Was hoping for the same on the RT. If I can't locate a vinyl mask I'll likely go the route of 3M film.

Spyder Garage

I have never heard of one or seen one either. It would sure make it hard to open the trunk. If you can figure a way to attach it, a good upholsterer might be able to make you one.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 01-06-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I have never heard of one or seen one either. It would sure make it hard to open the trunk. If you can figer a way to attach it, a good upholsterer might be able to make you one.
    Nancy those smart Upholster's can be found. Back in 1980 I owned a 1979 Renault LeCar Bright Red. I had a custom made front nose mask made for it, worked pretty well. I currently have a nose mask for my Subaru and my wife has one for her Audi.

Spyder Garage

Hi try this Australian website ( bottom of home page you can get a very well made one in your colour choice I have one
    http://www.ozspyderryders.com/
    My will reads "being of sound mind and body,
    I spent it, go make your own!"

VERY HAPPY SPYDER OWNER.

Spyder Garage

Default Nose Mask Or Bra

This a great site, just reg hope to all over on the outher side. Thks

Spyder Garage

Default Nose Mask Or Bra

Sent him a e-mail about it and call one of the spyders buddy's I know their and will get price sent out to us. Looks good rely nice..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wtwing15 View Post
    Hi try this Australian website ( bottom of home page you can get a very well made one in your colour choice I have one
    Thanks for that msg. I just went to that site and registered. Hopefully I'll get access so that I can take a peek at those bra's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetrucker View Post
    Sent him a e-mail about it and call one of the spyders buddy's I know their and will get price sent out to us. Looks good rely nice..

Keep posting. I'd be interested also. The one post that stated that small rocks just bounce off is not wholly correct. I have a ding in the front that I'd like to cover up with a nose bra.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nose bras and that frunklid are working against one another's best interests... Don't they have that film that can be stuck to the front of the 622s? Has anybody layed any of that on a Spyder's nose?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wtwing15 View Post
    Very interesting site.

Chris

arntufun

We all know never to keep your Spyder covered while trailering and IMO these nose bras are just as bad of an idea. Look at what they do to cars.........

Spyder Garage

I have a clear plastic product called Armourfend on both my vehicles. I believe it is an excellent product that will eliminate stone chips and scratches on your car or truck. It will also not allow the paint to oxidize at a different rate than a panel that is not coated. If you elected to remove it a few years later the paint would be perfect under it and match. I have not found a company that does the RT but there are a few companies out there that have kits for the RS.

Attached is a page from a company in Connecticut that sells them.

http://pages.aftermarketquote.com/We...AUTOMOBILIAPPF
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyderwraps Pete on here is able to make custom ones.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you mean of the Armourfend style product??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up nice stuff

hi all the lady (BABESHORTY) who makes the bra also makes gaurd covers not my thing but some swear by them ,she also started the website for us ozzy spyder ryders shes a lovely lady who does good work.
    cheers mick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Spyderwraps Pete on here is able to make custom ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Do you mean of the Armourfend style product??
    Pete PM'd me on the "What do you want" thread about stone chip protection. He's got some clear wrap material and standard templates. I just have to measure up and trace templates for additional areas I want covered.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow