Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Is A Extended Warranty A Worthwhile Buy?

Hi all; I'm new here to this site. Am considering buying a 'new '13 RT-S. Are these extended warranties worth the money? Can they be purchased online rather than from a dealership? What is say the cost of the 3 year extended warranty. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Definitely get an extended warranty. The Spyder has sooooo many computers on board, one going out will pay for the extended warrante

SpyderLady

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Definitely get an extended warranty. The Spyder has sooooo many computers on board, one going out will pay for the extended warrante
    Thanks for that opinion. Can you give me any idea as to what a say 3yr warranty is selling for these days? And are they avaliable online versus buying from a dealer?

Spyder Garage

They can be bought online versus a dealership. In fact I believe one of our sponsors sells the "BEST" extended warranty.

Whether you should buy an extended warranty may be a "point/counterpoint" type argument. I didn't buy one this go round basically because I will be trading or selling my spyder in two years. A good argument can be made to purchase it now anyways so that my buyer would get benefit of it. It is transferrable.

I still have two years to pull the trigger in buying it. Perhaps I'll just wait and see. As to cost? I can't help ya on that one.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Bert is a sponsor on this site, and in the past has sold an extended warranty for the Can Am...

http://www.bertsmegamall.com/
    Kagey

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Spyder RTS SE5 - Quantum Blue Metallic - LED RT HMT Brake Light W/Dual Converter Unit - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs
    SpyderPops "Missing Belt Guard" - "Butt Buffer" Butt Pad - Utopia Backrest - Original Grip Buddies - Digital Volt Gauge
    Analog Clock - Shark LED Light Kit - BajaRon's SwayBar - Mud Flap - Custom Dynamics Radiator Inlet Covers
    Seal FloorBoards
    - Baker Air Wings - SpyderPops BumpSkid

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    They can be bought online versus a dealership. In fact I believe one of our sponsors sells the "BEST" extended warranty.

Whether you should buy an extended warranty may be a "point/counterpoint" type argument. I didn't buy one this go round basically because I will be trading or selling my spyder in two years. A good argument can be made to purchase it now anyways so that my buyer would get benefit of it. It is transferrable.

I still have two years to pull the trigger in buying it. Perhaps I'll just wait and see. As to cost? I can't help ya on that one.

Chris
    Chris; That's good to hear that the warranty can be purchased other than from a dealer. My current bike which isn't a Spyder but instead a '08 goldwing I purchased new in '09 with a 4 yr. Honda extended warranty that I got through the "Stealer"(Dealer). Paid $1100.00 for the Honda warranty. found out after the fact that I could have purchased this same warranrty from a online source for half that cost. I don't want to make that mistake again. That's why this message. Jim

Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

I just bought an extended warranty from my dealer on my new ST-S. I got 3 extra years for $1000. I thought that was a good deal since so many parts on the Spyder can be very expensive, especially the computer components.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I just bought an extended warranty from my dealer on my new ST-S. I got 3 extra years for $1000. I thought that was a good deal since so many parts on the Spyder can be very expensive, especially the computer components.
    Perhaps $1K isn't too expensive considering the honest remark that "SpyderLady" made in a previous comment. I just want to make sure I'm not taken to the cleaners by a dealership thinking they can make a quick buck off me. I was a sucker once I don't want to be twice.

Spyder Garage

The extended warranty is a good question. If you are planning on keeping the beyond the regular warranty, then it is a very good idea,as parts and labor are very expensive on the .

If you trade every couple years, then it is not worth the extra cost. The warranty to buy seems to be the BEST Warranty offered through BRP dealers. Shopping around will give you a range of prices. Try Berts on our website--they seem to have good deals.

The price you pay is set by the dealer--some are more greedy than others.

Make sure the warranty you buy is accepted by all Can-Am dealers and not just the one you buy it from.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post

I still have two years to pull the trigger in buying it. Perhaps I'll just wait and see. As to cost? I can't help ya on that one
    Chris
    Chris; have you had any signifigant repair issues with your Spyder that would make you question yourself about a future Spyder purchase?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeSpyder? View Post
    Chris; have you had any signifigant repair issues with your Spyder that would make you question yourself about a future Spyder purchase?
    I had very few "significant" issues with my 2010 RT-S Premier Edition. I will say that two days after my BRP two year warranty expired, a crack in the exhaust line was found and paid for by my then extended warranty company.

The fact that I now have the 2013 RT-S should speak volumes as to my opinion of the spyder and it's reliability. Hope this helps.

Chris

Spyder Garage

When I bought my Spyder a year and a half ago I purchased the extended warranty from Bryce at Bert's Mega Mall. They are one of the SpyderLovers sponsors. They give us a SL discount.

Spyder Garage

The dealer I use is in Pensacola Fl.They can't sell the Best extended warranty in Fl . I bought there extended warranty 5yrs no deductible for $1150 I'M Fixing to try it out I have DPS fault codes

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought my BEST through Cowtown ... good price, great people!

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

We buy both life and auto insurance in the hope that we never need it. So it is with the extended warranty for the Spyder. Peace of mind.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Warranty

Hicklin Power Sports on Ebay. Genuine BRP B.E.S.T extended warranty. 3 years $799.00

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Extended warranty

Hi all; I'm new here to this site. Am considering buying a 'new '13 RT-S. Are these extended warranties worth the money? Can they be purchased online rather than from a dealership? What is say the cost of the 3 year extended warranty. Thanks.
    I would recommend a warranty on these machines. I bought a used 2011 RT Limited that still had 6 months of the manufacture warranty. I was able to purchase an additional 5 year warranty for $1100 with zero deductible. The machine is now covered until 2018. I went to my local dealership. I did not shop around for pricing, I thought $1100 for 5 years was fair.

Spyder Garage

The extended warrenty is a good deal...........with all the erlectronics on board, things can happen which would be expensive to replace!Shop around, dealers can make deals on how much they charge, Cowtown's price when I purchased my 2011 RT Ltd., was well below $1K.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

I had NUMEROUS problems with my 2010 RT the first two years I owned it. 2010 and 2011 saw my Spyder in the shop about 18 times, mostly warranty repairs.
    2012, it was in the shop only three times. One repair and two oil changes. The last oil change I got the access panel upgrade.
    I think all teh bugs are finally worked out, but given that history, I got the BEST warranty. I should have bought it at the time I got the Spyder and saved money.
    Instead, I got it just before the factory warranty ran out. It cost $875 from my very own dealer.
    Maybe I could have saved a few dollars on the internet, but I like to support my local dealer to make sure he stays in business (not that there's any real concern).
    Try to get your Spyder serviced on the internet..........................
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES,
    Enough said.

Spyder Garage

Shop around is right.....I got the Best 3 additional after the OEM 2 for less than $650 from my dealer. Goes to show you what they can be sold for! This was in 2011 of course.

They've since jumped the price; the guy selling at the above price left...............

Spyder Garage

what is the basic warranty coverage period?
    Ryker Rally Edition...Sooooon

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
    what is the basic warranty coverage period?

Hi; I've got a basic RS spyder question for you. Do you ever get complaints from a passenger because they don't have that big baclrest like avqailable on a RT?

Spyder Garage

the orange one has the backrest and yes it is a world of difference.. its nice because i can take it off and just have sport rack in a matter of seconds.
    Hi; I've got a basic RS spyder question for you. Do you ever get complaints from a passenger because they don't have that big baclrest like avqailable on a RT?
    Ryker Rally Edition...Sooooon

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default basic warranty?

2 years, unlimited miles.