Spyder Garage

Default Who from Iowa is attending Spyderfest

I for one don't want to miss this years Spyderfest. Already registered and staying at the Comfort Inn and will be heading down on April 23 from Waukee. Who else from Iowa is attending?

Bill

Spyder Garage

Bill, the wife and I are going but only can be there the nights of the 26th and 27th. Gonna trailer it down (this time anyway). We are also staying at the Comfort Inn so we look forward to seeing you there.

Eric & Kelly
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to meeting other Iowa riders. See you there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfee View Post
    Looking forward to meeting other Iowa riders. See you there.

You mean other than me? Really, I ain't all that bad!

We will see you there.
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

Not sure if I will attend or not. I'll have just gotten my Spyder by then and it's an 8 hour drive from my house to Ozark. Not sure I'll be ready to take a long trip like that with so few miles under my belt. I'll have to think about it.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

Default Traveling from Cedar Rapids area

We just registered for our first SpyderFest! We'll be traveling from Cedar Rapids, and would absolutely be interested in meeting up with folks to ride down!

+Peace,

Deke

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) goldndawn's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We won't be able to go.. as it is the end of ISU semester.. Have fun for us . and we will meet you all some time .. Dave and Allie

Spyder Garage

Do you have an idea on the route you are taking down there? I live on the board of Iowa and Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    We just registered for our first SpyderFest! We'll be traveling from Cedar Rapids, and would absolutely be interested in meeting up with folks to ride down!

+Peace,

Deke

Spyder Garage

+Peace,

Deke
    That would be a lot of fun, but we are trailering down and can only attend for a few days. I applaud your intentions!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jat4736 View Post
    Do you have an idea on the route you are taking down there? I live on the board of Iowa and Illinois.
    Actually, probably leaving from the Bellevue area, so travel options are open. Where along the border are you?

Spyder Garage

Default LJspydee

Quote Originally Posted by wolfee View Post
    I for one don't want to miss this years Spyderfest. Already registered and staying at the Comfort Inn and will be heading down on April 23 from Waukee. Who else from Iowa is attending?

Bill
    We are from Waterloo and will be attending our first Spyderfest. We will be trailering in from AZ and staying at the
    Super 8.

Larry

Spyder Garage

Default Greetings to Guitar Player from former Tama Countian

[QUOTE=GuitarPlayer;556543]Not sure if I will attend or not. I'll have just gotten my Spyder by then and it's an 8 hour drive from my house to Ozark. Not sure I'll be ready to take a long trip like that with so few miles under my belt. I'll have to think about it.

Tony[/QUOTE}

Hey, I grew up in Tama county many years ago about 7 miles the other side of Traer. Moved away when I went to college in the late sixties.

About the trip, don't let short ride experience scare you out of coming to Spyderfest. My wife never rode a motorcycle before she got her RS two years ago. She did a few practice rides around the neighborhood before she rode to Gatlinburg, Tennessee two weeks later with a group of friends. Would love to see you here.
    Spyder Mods: 23"ultra touring windshield, SpyderAttitude Exhaust, BRP fog Lights, Can Am Wind Deflectors, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Pyle Amplifier w/wired remote, 4x6 Pioneer Speakers, Amber GlorRyders, Spyderpops Missing Air Dam, Joe Florida Amber Accent lighting, Misty Mountain Sheepskin Seat cushion, Custom Dynamics 4" Risers, Street Magic Highway Footrest Brackets,Spyder Footrests, Spyder Driver Footpegs, Spyder Brake Cover, Spyder Shifter Cover, Can Am Hard Bags

Spyder Garage

Default LJspydee

[QUOTE=Starrider;559788]
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarPlayer View Post
    Not sure if I will attend or not. I'll have just gotten my Spyder by then and it's an 8 hour drive from my house to Ozark. Not sure I'll be ready to take a long trip like that with so few miles under my belt. I'll have to think about it.

Tony[/QUOTE}

Hey, I grew up in Tama county many years ago about 7 miles the other side of Traer. Moved away when I went to college in the late sixties.

About the trip, don't let short ride experience scare you out of coming to Spyderfest. My wife never rode a motorcycle before she got her RS two years ago. She did a few practice rides around the neighborhood before she rode to Gatlinburg, Tennessee two weeks later with a group of friends. Would love to see you here.
    I grew up in Traer and left in 1965 to go to college and retired from Deere in 2001.

Larry

Spyder Garage

crossing boarder by Hannibal
    Actually, probably leaving from the Bellevue area, so travel options are open. Where along the border are you?

Spyder Garage

OF COURSE I'M GOING !!!!!! I've been to the last three, and I can't miss this one

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

I'd love to go, just not sure I'll be able to yet... stay tuned!
    Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

Spyder Garage

Anyone from the Des Moines area going this year. I know there's a few Spyder Riders in the Area. Looks like the Eastern half of the state will be well represented.

Bill

Spyder Garage

Bill,
    The wife and I will not be able to make it to spyderfest this year. She fell and broke her ankle. She will not be walking untill late April. I dont think she will be up to the trip.

You guys have a great time.

Mowerman
    Proud Owner of a 2017 f3t

Spyder Garage

We are going but after getting caught in the rain storm last year on the way home from Spyderfest we are also trailering there. Looking forward to meeting other Iowa people there.

Steve and Mary

Spyder Garage

Default Indianapolis via Davenport?

Not sure if this counts, but I grew up in Davenport and I'll be going to (my first) Spyderfest...but I live in Indy now.
    Still have the roots, though. :-)

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Explorer53525's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Not from Iowa, but our group is traveling through to Spyderfest, want to join us?

Group so far has at least 6 spyders from Wisconsin and 1 from the quad cities traveling to Spyderfest together. Possibly some folks from Illinois too.
    Anyone want to join us?
    We are staying Tuesday night in Coralville, Iowa at the Heartland, Inn, 87 2nd Street • Coralville, Iowa Call 800-334-3277 Rates $79 - $89 with “hearty breakfast

Wednesday, April 24 9:00 am: Meet at Heartland Inn, 87 2nd Street • Coralville, Iowa
    9:30 am: Depart with full tanks from Heartland Inn, Coralville, Iowa
    Iowa 27 South 85 miles to Missouri 27 South MO-27 becomes US-61 S next stop = 1 hour 53 min., 112 mi.
    11:25 am: Gas stop, Ayerco, Canton, MO
    11:45 am Depart Gas next stop = 40 min., 37 mi.
    12:25 pm: Lunch Hannibal, MO
    1:45 pm: Depart Hannibal, MO next stop = 1 hour 1 min., 53 mi.
    2:46 pm: Gas and Break at Mexico, MO
    3:01 pm: Depart Gas next stop = 1 hour 29 min., 95 mi.
    4:30 pm: Gas and Break at Osage Beach, MO
    4:45 pm: Depart Gas next stop = 1 hour 42 min., 101 mi.
    6:30 pm: Arrive at Days Inn Hotel, Ozark
    Greta Guth

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Iowa Illinois Border

Quote Originally Posted by jat4736 View Post
    My wife and I also live on the Iowa Illinois border. Bought our bike in April.