GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks, BajaRon - from a non-mechnical owner

Ron-

Maybe you sometimes think that your detailed posts on things like sway bar geometry and oil ratings are only appreciated by a handful of similarly knowledgeable people (like Scotty). But they are not...

When a Transmission code showed up briefly on my 2011 RSS last week, I quickly searched the forums and figured out that likely my oil was low. Sure enough it was. I remembered you had posted a lengthly explanation about oil preferences, ratings and other things that quickly blurred my vision. So I found the post, read your preferred oil, and ordered Amsoil 10w-40 oil.

So I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your knowledge. It made everything very easy!

(Now please don't tell me that you've recently done new studies and that I've bought the wrong oil!! )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Ron-

Maybe you sometimes think that your detailed posts on things like sway bar geometry and oil ratings are only appreciated by a handful of similarly knowledgeable people (like Scotty). But they are not...

When a Transmission code showed up briefly on my 2011 RSS last week, I quickly searched the forums and figured out that likely my oil was low. Sure enough it was. I remembered you had posted a lengthly explanation about oil preferences, ratings and other things that quickly blurred my vision. So I found the post, read your preferred oil, and ordered Amsoil 10w-40 oil.

So I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your knowledge. It made everything very easy!

(Now please don't tell me that you've recently done new studies and that I've bought the wrong oil!! )
    There are so many great posts (and posters) here that seemingly go unnoticed, and yet it's each little addition that makes up the incredibly informative whole which is, Spyderlovers!

Of the Spyder 5 you are my favorite. Not because you are female but because of how unique you are. Like an unassuming super hero you blend into the fabric of everyday life as an average person.

But when you don your gear and swing a leg over the saddle of a Can-Am Spyder you are transformed from a person who never rode before to jamming down a Los Angeles freeway in traffic (is that a redundant statement?). From a mild mannered house wife to a canyon carver. And you do it with style that most of us mortal riders never achieve, it's like you were born on a motorcycle.

We would all like to think there is a little bit of that in all of us as we cruise on our Spyder's.

I don't know how BRP found you but I'm sure you are a great asset to the cause.

And yes, you did very well with Amsoil 10-40 Motorcycle Oil. I still think it's one of the best lubricants you can buy.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Boy oh boy that made me feel all warm and cuddly but, Ron, I do have to give you a .... Helped me a few times, thanks.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    . (...) Like an unassuming super hero you blend into the fabric of everyday life as an average person.

But when you don your gear and swing a leg over the saddle of a Can-Am Spyder you are transformed from a person who never rode before to jamming down a Los Angeles freeway in traffic (is that a redundant statement?). From a mild mannered house wife to a canyon carver. And you do it with style that most of us mortal riders never achieve, it's like you were born on a motorcycle.

We would all like to think there is a little bit of that in all of us as we cruise on our Spyder's.

I don't know how BRP found you but I'm sure you are a great asset to the cause.
    I absolutely second this sentiment! The word that comes to mind is "CLASS"!!

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Amen...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Of the Spyder 5 you are my favorite.
    (blushing) Well, thank you, Ron. What you wrote sure brought me a smile.
    But don't tell Lamont I'm your favorite or he might not call you anymore to help fix his road, or build his shop, or repair a water leak...

And you hijacked my thread about YOU. The point was your help. So thanks again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    I absolutely second this sentiment! The word that comes to mind is "CLASS"!!

thehawk
    You are very kind. Thank you!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post

(...)
    And you hijacked my thread about YOU. The point was your help. So thanks again!
    Not a hijack... Just an appropriate redirect. I am highly over-rated in some circles....
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Not a hijack... Just an appropriate redirect. I am highly over-rated in some circles....
    Good reputations are hard to come by...you have to earn it! I've met Ron and Lamont and look forward to meeting Faran. Seems these three have earned it! And I look forward to meeting a lot more SpyderLovers in April.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Faran, call BRP and have them ready to replace the GPS.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!