Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

In that video of teddy you just posted you are in front of the Marriott hotel in Covington right? When I worked for Miami Corp in Charlotte we used to go up to Cincinnati to the "Home Office" for team building once a year. We always stayed at the Marriott. Good times..........
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

My guess is still that it is likely that your leak is elsewhere, and the coolant is dripping or being blown to where you are seeing it. Multiple hoses seldom leak at once, especially with renewed clamps. Look for the source above and/or in front of where the coolant collects.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default weep hole

dave, have you checked the weep hole yet ?
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default Ok you got it right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post

I`ll just say this about your delima in decision making.

I personally didn`t think this bar would make nearly as dramatic of an effect as it did, especially even at low speeds.

In those flat lands that you live, I'm sure they have turns & on & off ramps, right? Even with those, you will notice a difference and that difference is confidence inspiring. So much so, it just might make you want to actually 'Seek Out' those hidden, less ridden twisty roads that few travel on, that I'm sure are hidden around your area.

Not to mention, make you look forward to even more road trips on your Spyder to more better known locals, such as Lamonts Bar-B-Q
    and maybe even The Dragon Its all up to you.

Having a Spyder is Great!!!
    Having a Spyder with Superior Handling is. ............. INSPIRING!!!

I'm giving you this one Dave Went for short but much faster ride tonight with the new sway bar. Wow! what was that? Not my bike.
    Handling was so much different that I was in the other lane most of the time. Riding habits from old Spyder are still there and it's not even close to the same. Very Nice! Can't wait to ride some more.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Us Spyder addicts (Teddy & I) got our fix today **** MY FACE HURTS !!!

Both of us are Physically & Emotionally Spent

When I left work today, it was 61F & sunny, OMG it was everything I could do to NOT cancel my OT apt. but I was a good boy & I went

But as soon as I got home, I opened the garage & fired Teds Red Sled up, plugged in his heater & headed up the stairs to get The Kid

We rode and rode and rode every twisty back road we could make it to before it got dark My face hurts from smiling so much

Had to stop for gas even and of course, spent about 15 minutes at the dog park, but Teddy was more interested in ryding than other dogs, and who am I to argue with The Master I brought our PivotHead POV SunGlasses with us, and took many videos and just finished watching them again, man oh man, I LOVE the sound of Teds Red Sled now No more sewing machine, just a nice throaty growl Just begs you to roll on the throttle even more and more

While out, I decided to see if I could actually get video of Teddy ryding, instead of just the forward view of the road from my perspective, so I put the glasses on my ball-cap backwards, facing Teddy Not being able to view what it could see, and it being behind my head, I had no clue how well it would work, or even if I had them at the right angle to view the lil guy, but chanced it anyway. Glad I did, tho its far from perfect, it worked out pretty dang well. Only problem is I had it set to record in HD and the vid is like 7 minutes long, so it'll take a bit over an hour to upload to YouTube. But once I get it completed, probably after I get home from work tomorrow, I'll post the vid here to share with y'all I know it brings a smile to my face, and hopefully yours as well

I tell ya, I LOVE how this machine rydes now, its a Truly Inspiring Ryde Thank You BaJaRon

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Vid is uploading now, showing 127 minutes remaining, but here's the link once done

Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

What's up cyncy Spyder I was in ur neck of the woods today. It was a great day to ride. Hit up Devou Park wow what nice views.

Spyder Garage

Smile We saw you just as we were leaving our condo, you rode right by ....

Quote Originally Posted by seansr917 View Post
    What's up cyncy Spyder I was in ur neck of the woods today. It was a great day to ride. Hit up Devou Park wow what nice views.
    As soon as I got Teddy geared up for the ryde, I opened our front door & started making our way down the steps when all of a sudden, from our second balcony overlooking the street in front of our condo, I see an RS Spyder riding by that I didn't recognize & thought in the back of my head it mighta been you

Even tho it took us another 5 or 6 minutes to get going on Teds Stripped Sled, we tried our best to catch up to you but sadly, never did

Your right tho, the day was made for ryding Glad that you got to enjoy it as well

You've got my number, anytime its nice & you want to ryde, just send a text or call That is, as long as you wouldn't be embarrassed being seen ryding with a Redneck & his dog on a stripped Spyder

Attached Images Attached Images

Doc - Riverside

Default Question

As you have had Ted's Sled naked for a while have you been paying attention to your gas mileage? Reason for the question is I believe that the dreaded gas smell that we all experience is caused by the heat that is induced into the gas tank by the exhaust pipes. I have seen my gas tank temp be as high as 145 F after a long ride, been as high as 160 on a hot day. My readings are with all the plastic in place.

You on the other hand have free air flow and should not experience the heat build up in the gas tank which should reduce the gas vapor smell and may increase your mileage.

Spyder Garage

Post Ummmmmm..................

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    As you have had Ted's Sled naked for a while have you been paying attention to your gas mileage? Reason for the question is I believe that the dreaded gas smell that we all experience is caused by the heat that is induced into the gas tank by the exhaust pipes. I have seen my gas tank temp be as high as 145 F after a long ride, been as high as 160 on a hot day. My readings are with all the plastic in place. You on the other hand have free air flow and should not experience the heat build up in the gas tank which should reduce the gas vapor smell and may increase your mileage.
    I'll be honest here, we had to fill up on our 50+ mile ryde yesterday and the 1st bar didn't go down on the digital display until mile 42 and as you know, once that 1st bar drops, the rest do at an increasingly faster rate. Hard to judge mileage yet, as we were ryding rather aggressively the entire 50+ mile ryde. With the New KewlMetal Air Intake on, you know the way the engine and exhaust sounds now, and it just begs to be opened up & with it being still new to us along with our other mods, and ryding so infrequently right now, its hard not to "Ryde it like I stole it" ya know

But I'm sure this phase will calm down with more frequent use, and then we should be able to get a more accurate accounting of our MPGs. As of right now, there are no noticeable fuel smells while ryding or garaging, so that's good. I did notice on yesterdays ryde, we usually hovered right around 2-3 bars on the temp guage and it would go up to around 5 when stopped. Before, we usually hovered around 4-5 while running & would get up to 7-8 stopped, but this is all probably relative to the body panels more so than the difference in intakes, I would assume.

Spyder Garage

Cool You gotta hear this

No more sewing machine sound for Teds Red Sled

Finally got another video clip uploaded, again in HD so you can wide-screen it if you wish. I just LOVE how Teds Red Sled sounds now, so different & much better than stock. The lower tone growl just begs you to open her up so she can really scream. But in reality, the tone is lower, but its not really louder, accept when under hard accel, then I'd say maybe 2 or 3 decibles more, but thats it Once you reach cruising speed, its just bliss

Can't thank you enough DocRiverSide for suggesting this along with ALL of your assistance on our long list of mods.

Listen for yourselves & tell me what you think? This is with the stock air-box & resonator removed & replaced with nothing but the K&N Filter and kit from KewlMetal, still running the stock exhaust even... LOVE IT !!!

Spyder Garage

Looks like a fun time by all and the new sound is great!
    ----
    USAF Retired (1986 - 2006)
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain
    Riding with Dignity, Honor and Respect

Spyder Garage

Default NorthEastern Storms

Just wanted to let all of our Spyder Friends in the North East know that Teddy & I are keeping ALL of you in our prayers, thoughts and well wishes that you make it thru this storm safe and well Please keep us updated on your well-being

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-09-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

Been away for a while dealing with my own health crap...

Glad to see the adventure continues and you're back on the road... One day is better than 0 days.....
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

That's a great video you have of Teddy behind you. It is plain to see he loves it
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Cool Sharing a Blast from the past - Warmer. greener times from last year

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Coz stopped by & provided some much needed assistance & proclaimed .....

The Mad Scientist Lives

Once he saw our table, with dozens of electronic gizmo mods that I've been working on fabbing up for Teds Red Sled, once we get it back from the shop & the valve check is complete, hopefully this week, I can actually start reassembling it all back together. Right now, its more apart than ever, with the windshield & brackets removed, it reminds me of a race bike, as we needed to move the wiring for the GPS to a less cluttered area, in behind the headlights to make room for a couple of dash mounted Tallon Ram Mounts to hold the New & Improved Teddy-Cam monitor on one side & our illimuntated cup holder on the other side. The new LCD is incased in all alluminum, so with the added weight, I wanted to make sure to have its mount reinforced & luckily Coz was able to figure out how to dissassemble one of the mounts, so that I can run the power feed thru it, and avoiding the other issue I had of running the wired thru the dash, THANK YOU COZ!!!

He also gave me some suugestions for another project I'm working on for Teddy's Sun-Canopy to possibly add a detatchable surround system to better protect the little guy in extreme cold or rain even. If I somehow manage it, I'm thinking it would kind of look like a mini Pope-Mobile for the Tedster

Spyder Garage

Default Pics of Tallon Ram Mount

Got lucky and found theseTallon Ram Mounts in one of my catch-all bins from a couple years back. Ordered them, but they didn't come with any directions & I couldn't figure them out, so I set them aside & forgot all about them when I got wrapped up last year with my back surgery. These things fit perfectly in the spots of the analogue gauges, tho I did have to cut a small relief into the plastic behind the dash bezel. But these will make for a much sturdier mount for the Teddy-Cam monitor & the illuminated cup holder.uploadfromtaptalk1360581543745.jpguploadfromtaptalk1360581560202.jpguploadfromtaptalk1360581572320.jpguploadfromtaptalk1360581584236.jpguploadfromtaptalk1360581603275.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default you're welcome dave

it was good to see you and teddy, and hang out for a while. the garage looks great.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Wink Oh Teddy Teddy Teddy... make all my appointments. when their here

Got sent home early again today so I decided to take Teddy with me to my Therapy appointment. This was only his second time to join me & WOW OH WOW was he once again a HIT

He remembered most that he had met his previous visit, schmoozed with everybody including other patients & did his lil show of working for his treats, much to the delight of his onlooking fans

There was even a new patient there for hand therapy, a young 17 year old kid that was at the station behind us & before we had spoke, I overheard him telling his Therapist that he wants to schedule all his future appointments for when we were going to be there as well

He finished his session while my arm was still under heat treatment and came up to us claiming, "Sorry, I just can't leave without saying hi & meeting this little guy face to face." Teddy was sitting in my lap & quickly jumped at the chance to schmooze with a new fan. I told the guy that if he asked Teddy to Hi5 him, & he held up his 'good' hand where Teddy could reach it, he'd probably give him a Hi5. The kid was all smiles & readily did as instructed, but Teddy slyly raised his nose to sniff the young mans hand, & realizing he didn't have a treat for him, snubbed the young guy & we all cracked up with a good laugh

Feeling bad for the kid & my arm at the time incapacitated, I told the kid to put his hand in my right hand jacket pocket & pull out a Cherio & let him smell it, but to not let him have it. Ah Yes, that did the trick. As soon as Teddy smelled that the young guy now had a treat, Teddy was ready to show off all his bag of tricks for the kid now & quickly presented him with as many Hi5's as the guy wanted. I truly think that made the young mans day, not to mention everyone in the Therapy room watching

Spyder Garage

Default Pics of Teddy in the car today

Pics of Teddy in the car today on the way to my Therapy apt. hanging his head out the cracked window trying to get the feel of the wind in his hair like when ryding his Spyder.
    uploadfromtaptalk1360626761213.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1360626776519.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1360626791449.jpg

Spyder Garage

Cool Hoping today is The Day

The Service Manager from Middletown said he'd call me when the potentially needed parts for the valve check were in, thinking that should have been yesterday or today. But
    I know how busy he can get, so I figure I'll give them a call around 9 this morning when they open & hopefully he'll have good news that everything is in & I can finally bring them Teds Stripped Sled. Its suppose to be mostly sunny today but highs only in the low 40s, but at leat no rain, which means we can ryde it up today, chances of rain for Wed & Thurs & this weekend looks bad. If this happens, its going to make for an interesting ryde for sure. Middletown is 45 minutes to an hour away and that's ALL Interstate for the entire ryde. I've got the windshield support bracket off and have been prepping it for paint, as I really can't stand that blah gray stock color that they come in & have recieved our spray cans of Viper Red from TouchUp Direct, so we're going to prime and paint the windshield support to match the Viper Red of the rest of the Sled.

But this is going to make for one heck of a windy ryde of all interstate with no shield at all. Heck, we'll know how you RS ryders feel

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There's more than one way to Middletown besides the interstate.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Right you are, but that makes a 45 minute ryde into an hour & a half of chaos

Quote Originally Posted by granpa in Cincy View Post
    There's more than one way to Middletown besides the interstate.
    We did that once before & with all the side street traffic & gawkers, it just wasn't a fun ryde

Spyder Garage

Default More stripped than ever, but we made it