Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Teddy's too young for a comb over.

Agreed, but hey, if it works for The Donald 'Your Fired!' then I'm sure The Tedster can deal with it for a little while, while his hair grows back in, ya know

On an unrelated note, we're keeping the heater and all electric off to the garage due to our astronomical electric bill from last month, so no tinkering in the garage for the time being for us. Tho, after the Sled sat around for a couple of days without starting or running, the coolant leaks are very obvious at both hose and otiker (sp?) clamps, and we now have a drop or two on the floor. Kind of odd that they don't leak at all while running or under pressure, but only when sitting for a day or two. Which makes sense why we never noticed a leak before, cause we usually ryde daily. I wonder if this means we could have an issue with the hoses being bad or something??? I'm not sure, tho doc sent me a few pics with directions on how to remove the otiker clamp, so as soon as we can get some warmer temps and get back out in the garage, we'll look into swapping them out with new hose clamps.

We're back to having snow and freezing temps & it looks like that's the case til later in the week, as I think its suppose to get above freezing by Friday or Saturday. Gonna call Middletown Cycle again today, and see if we can't coordinate dropping off Teds Red Sled on a day that is dry, temp. doesn't really matter, cause with all the body panels off, it really blows alot of hot air on the right side when the fan kicks on, and kinda feels good.

Just to make sure I tried on my Thermo Ryding Suit and boy oh boy, I knew with having back surgery, then injuring my arm/hand and having to take it easy, not to mention the winter time blues and not being able to ryde that I had gained some weight, but WoW!!! That was an eye opener. It was a bit snug last year, but now, I can barely get the thing on and zipped up all the way. And the side adjustment straps had to be totally let all the way out and not used at all.

At Teddy's annual exam, he had gained 1.6 pounds bringing him up to the heaviest he's ever been, 11.6 pounds, tho on his frame, it suits him well, and he still has a nice toned look, tho shaggy cause of his growing coat, and he's nowhere near being fat. Wish I could say the same for me
    time to get back on my Atkins. I had lost over 70 pounds last time I did it and it worked well, so here I go again
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-04-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Doc - Riverside

Question

From what you explained it appears that as it got into the colder temps you started seeing the problem (the expansion/contraction principal). I would guess that a fresh set of clamps installed now would solve the problem.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Dave I hope you have not made a mistake

I know you have fitted Rons Swaybar (And is excellent as I have one fitted as well)

Should you have fitted a WEIGH BAR =
    Weigh Bar: highly reliable load sensing device

The Weigh Bar is an extremely rugged, highly reliable, load sensing device designed to overcome the shortcomings of many competitor load cells.

The unique design provides inherent strength and overload protection, while also providing accuracy and high reliability.

I also know you have had a lot of problems on your mind lately - Perhaps they slipped down to your waistline as well

The above should not be taken seriously and hope you can see the funny side and eventually your feet

So pleased to have you giving us updates - Keep us all posted

Eddie
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    From what you explained it appears that as it got into the colder temps you started seeing the problem (the expansion/contraction principal). I would guess that a fresh set of clamps instaMlled now would solve the problem.
    Doc just read your thread - I had to LOL esp the bit about (the expansion/contraction principal).
    I was not sure if this was the cooling system of the Spyder or the Problem Dave and Teddy were having
    Didn't think they would both want to wear clamps all day

Must just be my sense of humour
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    Doc just read your thread - I had to LOL esp the bit about (the expansion/contraction principal).
    I was not sure if this was the cooling system of the Spyder or the Problem Dave and Teddy were having

I think those 'clamps for fat people' are called "Spanx"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post

Dave and Teddy in clamps?? Oh, my....
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Sharing some pics from this past weekend's snow. We only got about 2 inches, but enough to cover the roads & cause some havoc.uploadfromtaptalk1359997136118.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359997149151.jpg
    Above is how it usually looksuploadfromtaptalk1359997196603.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359997214239.jpg
    This is what it looked like during

Spyder Garage

Default Touch up paint

Not sure who, but someone posted a link for a company that offers touch up paint for our Spyders, so I ordered a sample & tho I have yet to try it, it looks like the correct match, quick shipping & easy to navigate web site, so I went ahead and placed another order for the Viper Red in spray cans so I can properly go over the speaker grills and dash bezel. Once I actually get some of the scratches completed from our mishap with the coon, I'll update y'all on the quality. So far, so good.uploadfromtaptalk1359997744751.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359997766123.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359997803554.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    I think those 'clamps for fat people' are called "Spanx"
    Gee I thought that spanx is what ya got when you were a bad boy or girl!! Good thing it doesn't go around your throat to help with a over abundence of eating!!!

Spyder Garage

Post Update

I had Therapy after work yesterday & she decided I need to try wearing a splint on my wrist for a while to see if that offers any help. I originally started using my right hand less and less while here at work, cause everytime I would use it with the arm outstretched, my index finger would get the numb tingly feeling, then go cold. Only when outstretching the arm, so now I just use it with my elbow bent, which is very limiting.

Even driving to my Therapy apt, with both hands on the wheel, my index finger went numb and was freezing by the time I got there, and NO, I wasn't white knuckling the wheel, just a lite grip, but it all has to do with the arm being outstretched.

Was going to call Middletown about getting Teds Stripped Sled in for the valve check, but when I went to leave Therapy, it was snowing pretty hard, almost white out conditions again, so that shot that idea down. Suppose to have some more flurries coming thru again today, so we'll look at maybe trying Wed or Thursday, with fingers crossed.

Teddys getting upset with not ryding, actually starting to get a little aggressive while playing fetch with his ball in the condo. Can't blame the pup tho, as I'm right there with him

Spyder Garage

Default Probably the 1st Complaint about BajaRons New Anti-Sway-Bar for the RT

Ok folks, yesterday it got above freezing, I think 34F to be exact, and it wasn't raining or snowing, so you know what that means........... TIME TO RYDE!!!

I went out to the garage & fired Teds Red Sled right up, plugged in Teddy's heated carrier, turned the Spyder around and pulled back in the garage head first, as opposed to our normally backing it in. This way, I could leave the Spyder running with the garage door cracked & the exhaust venting out instead of in, and give Teds heated carrier time to get warmed up while I went back inside to get Mr. Wonderful all geared up for a nice ryde.

Teddy could hear the Spyder running and was excited like a kid at Christmas time when I opened the door, jumping like a kangaroo raring to go. Got him geared up in one of his winter outfits and out to the garage we went, with Teddy leading the way.

Get him tethered into his heated carrier and put his doggles on, and off we went. I knew this had to be kind of a short ryde, as my buddy asked if I'd get his daughter off the bus, which we're always happy to do, but that only left us with about an hour to ryde, but better than nothing.

I decided to take the twisties up the hill to Devou Park, which is directly above where we live, as we're at the bottom by the river & the park is up top with Wonderful Panaramic views of the Cincinnati Skyline & Riverfront. Anyone that knows the area knows that it has one of the twistiest roads around leading up to it, which is always fun on a Spyder.

Now I have to tell you, about this new Anti-Sway-Bar from BaJaRon, I found my first complaint. Now granted, its most probably exaggerated for me personally, due to being used to ryding every single day, and now not ryding but maybe once or twice a week on "test" runs, but WOW!!! I'm coming to find that I need to actually change my ryding style.

I remember when Teddy & I were following directly behind Lamont on our ryde of The Dragon this past summer, and I was working my butt off leaning my body weight from side to side in every twist & turn trying my best to keep up with him. One time, I looked up ahead at him taking the next corner & I remember being amazed that THE MAN was sitting almost straight up with very little noticeable lean, at least from my vantage point. I knew he had the Best aftermarket suspension available, not to mention 30+ yrs of experience, but still, at the speeds we were taking these corners, I thought for sure he'd still have to be leaning more than I was at least witnessing.

You know how when we see someone else doing the same thing you are, but maybe a different or better way, and our natural inclination is to mirror their style to see if we too can do that particular activity better than what we had been doing? So yeah, I made sure their were no oncomming vehicles and I tried taking that very same corner without leaning as much as I normally would have and can you guess what happened??? Yup, I crossed over the center line about a foot & scared the cr*p out of myself, swearing to never do that again...... Lesson learned.

So, ever since then, I've just given in to the fact that, since I carry most of my weight in my upper torso, Teds Red Sled is TOP HEAVY & I have to do the side to side slide dance in the seat when aggressively taking on the twisties, which I'm fine with and have fun with it.

So now imagine my surprise, when I go to do my side to side slide dance in the twisties, butTeds Red Sled is now as flat & stable as can be, and I'm just hanging my but needlessly off the side of the seat feeling like an overcompensating fool that doesn't know how to ryde his (Teddy's) Spyder, even tho we're now on our 3rd year of ryding experience with well over 50 thousand miles. Go Figure!!!

Told ya folks, the difference this bar makes is like having an entirely different beast between your legs. Best BANG for the BUCK you can get!!!

(PS.... This really isn't a complaint)
    (PSS... Dragon anyone???)

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-06-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Dragon, when?
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Cool Lets do a weekend Dragon Ryde

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    Dragon, when?

I talked with Jacob at Middletown yesterday & he coordinated with Aarron & he approved for him to go ahead & order any parts that may be needed for the valve check/adjustment so they are already instock and on hand if needed, so I should be able to get Teds Stripped Sled up there either Wednesday or Thursday of next week, allotting for shipping time of the parts from BRP. Also dependent on the weather, as I won't ryde in the rain or snow covered streets with it stripped. I'm pushing it as it is, and doing that would just be asking for trouble.

So if all goes well, we should have it back by Friday or Saturday, then figure its time to start putting it all back together. Tho now, my right (dominant) hand/wrist is in a splint, so its less useful than ever, so its going to take me some time getting it all pieced back.

May have to take the suggestion someone made about having a "Spyder Raising Party" & invite you, Coz and any other locals over for beer, pizza, Spyder surgery & of course, fun and antics with Teddy
    Always a good time.

But as soon as we can get Teds New & Much Improved Red Sled back together and get a decently rydeable weekend, we're dying to do a road-trip.
    Would be great to get a few Spyders together to go down for a run as soon as the weather would allow

Your thoughts???

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sway Bar

Ok.........you've just about have me talked into BajaRons sway bar for my RT. I'm from the flat lands so I'm just not sure if it would be worth it. We don't have many twisties here and the most I had been on was when we were riding with Lamont during the BBQ in Sept. AND IT WAS AWESOME!!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default You've gotta decide what's `right` for you

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    Ok.........you've just about have me talked into BajaRons sway bar for my RT. I'm from the flat lands so I'm just not sure if it would be worth it. We don't have many twisties here and the most I had been on was when we were riding with Lamont during the BBQ in Sept. AND IT WAS AWESOME!!

I`ll just say this about your delima in decision making.

I personally didn`t think this bar would make nearly as dramatic of an effect as it did, especially even at low speeds.

In those flat lands that you live, I'm sure they have turns & on & off ramps, right? Even with those, you will notice a difference and that difference is confidence inspiring. So much so, it just might make you want to actually 'Seek Out' those hidden, less ridden twisty roads that few travel on, that I'm sure are hidden around your area.

Not to mention, make you look forward to even more road trips on your Spyder to more better known locals, such as Lamonts Bar-B-Q
    and maybe even The Dragon Its all up to you.

Having a Spyder is Great!!!
    Having a Spyder with Superior Handling is. ............. INSPIRING!!!

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-06-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Spyder Garage

I talked with Jacob at Middletown yesterday & he coordinated with Aarron & he approved for him to go ahead & order any parts that may be needed for the valve check/adjustment so they are already instock and on hand if needed, so I should be able to get Teds Stripped Sled up there either Wednesday or Thursday of next week, allotting for shipping time of the parts from BRP. Also dependent on the weather, as I won't ryde in the rain or snow covered streets with it stripped. I'm pushing it as it is, and doing that would just be asking for trouble.

So if all goes well, we should have it back by Friday or Saturday, then figure its time to start putting it all back together. Tho now, my right (dominant) hand/wrist is in a splint, so its less useful than ever, so its going to take me some time getting it all pieced back.

May have to take the suggestion someone made about having a "Spyder Raising Party" & invite you, Coz and any other locals over for beer, pizza, Spyder surgery & of course, fun and antics with Teddy
    Always a good time.

But as soon as we can get Teds New & Much Improved Red Sled back together and get a decently rydeable weekend, we're dying to do a road-trip.
    Would be great to get a few Spyders together to go down for a run as soon as the weather would allow

Your thoughts???
    You guys have all the fun!!! Hope all goes well getting Ted's sled put back together. Good timing too, as spring is just around the corner.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Beaufort, SC

WOW!!! You weren't kidden when you said flant-lander :eek:
    We've never travelled to your neck of the woods (yet) but I just pulled it up on my maps program, and I was amazed. Looks like coastal living at its finest, so many islands and water everywhere. Must be so beautiful when you go ryding, especially being wide open on your Spyder Have to admit, made me a little jealous even
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

This is some thread, I am view number 11,001
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Beaufort SC

WOW!!! You weren't kidden when you said flant-lander :eek:
    We've never travelled to your neck of the woods (yet) but I just pulled it up on my maps program, and I was amazed. Looks like coastal living at its finest, so many islands and water everywhere. Must be so beautiful when you go ryding, especially being wide open on your Spyder Have to admit, made me a little jealous even
    Lots & lots of water and islands. And it is coastal living at its best. This could be a great road trip for you and Teddy. And it is flat as a pancake

Spyder Garage

Default Frustrated & not sure what this means, do you?

uploadfromtaptalk1360253588640.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pic, but if you look close, you can obviously see the green colored drop of coolant and all around both hose ends. This was before replacing both hose clamps. Cleaned the area, went for a ryde after replacing, and still had visible signs of coolant. Does this mean I might have an issue with my water pump maybe???
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-07-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Quick pic from yesterdays short test ryde

Quick pic from yesterdays test ryde. Notice how he was able to sneak his doggles down.
    uploadfromtaptalk1360253726470.jpg
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-07-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Teddy

Quick pic from yesterdays test ryde. Notice how he was able to sneak his doggles down.
    uploadfromtaptalk1360253726470.jpg
    We all know he can get out of a locked room so slipping doggles down is a piece of cake!

Spyder Garage

uploadfromtaptalk1360253588640.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pic, but if you look close, you can obviously see the green colored drop of coolant and all around both hose ends. This was before replacing both hose clamps. Cleaned the area, went for a ryde after replacing, and still had visible signs of coolant. Does this mean I might have an issue with my water pump maybe???

Sorry Dave I know you have stated you cleaned the area - Did you take the hose off completely and check the casting
    just in case some of the old coolant had leaked and dried on the casting leaving a very small gap and if under pressure allowing the coolant to leak out
    Perhaps remove the hose and run your finger around the casting and on the inside the hose just to see if both are smooth - Did you replace the hose maybe that might be your next move
    Just trying to think of things to try and get to the bottom of your problem and find a solution
    I am sure others more experienced than me will give further advice
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the inquiry & suggestions Eddie. I have not removed the hoses yet, was hoping it was just a quick and easy job of just switching out the clamps. I've never really messed with the coolant system & was hoping to resolve this issue without having to drain it to remove the hoses, but like you suggested, seems like the next logical stepand it was evident that the leak was still there after the switch and not just dried coolant, as we had a small puddle underneath once again this morning

Spyder Garage

Dave

If you have to drain the coolant down just be careful ref the Drain Plug - See this thread

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...TOR+DRAIN+PLUG

It may be better to drain by the bottom radiator hose - Unless BRP has addressed this problem ref broken drain
    Radiator Plugs

You may already be aware of the earlier thread but just in case thought it best just to let you know
    The last thing you and Teddy need is more expensive and loss of riding time
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK