Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1144
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Thanks for the tip and after your glowing endorsement and a little more on-line research, we have a bottle on the way & should be here on Thursday. Are you using this on the 13s stock OEM shield that has the 2 smallish holes cut out at the bottom matching the mount & have you noticed any ill effects? The reason I ask is cause we have the 2010 Barn-door OEM Shield that's 26.5" tall & then we also have the Cal-Sci Tinted Shorty & Cal-Sci Medium, both of which have a center hole cut-out. Their plastic is softer than our OEM shield, so I'm a little concerned if this chemical would have any adverse effects. But by reading thru their site info, it doesn't really seem to state that it would be an issue
    Yes I have the 2 hole 2013. Zero issues. You will be amazed how well this stuff works. I suggest at least 2 coats to start with and just do the whole bike( including rims it makes brake dust just that,dust, wipe an go). The down side is it will become very slippery . Toss a towel on the frunk when you are done and watch it slide off You will barely see a haze when you apply unlike other products before wiping it off. Do not use too much just a good even coat.As you read it is made for acrylics to glass and everything in between. It is far better than any wax I ever used
    Last edited by Magdave; 11-13-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb From a different perspective, I try to understand our irreconcilable differences

MMMMMMMM........... its time for dinner, YAY!!!
    I was so excited, not really all that hungry, but with hopes that this time, it would be something different than the same old stuff.
    All excited I could barely contain myself, even jumping up and down excited.
    Which got me admonished & told to go back to sitting & waiting til my meal was properly prepaired.
    So I sit ...............
    And I wait ...........
    And I watch .........
    And I pray ...........
    Oh Please, Please, Please, let it be something different this time.

I can smell the different flavors of what you get to eat, so why don't I get to enjoy that as well?

No matter, I'm starting to salivate in anticipation that I'm actually going to get something good today,
    instead of the same old stuff.

I can't control it any longer, and drool starts to ooze out of the corner of my mouth as I not so patiently wait.

Can it really take this long to prepare my food ......... I mean really now???

Finally .......... I see you bend down with my bowl and set it in place next to my drink.

I'm about to jump out of my skin waiting in anticipation.

Oh, I can't wait any longer, this is torture I tell you ....... torture........ your an evil man for making me wait so damn long.

Ok, I take it back, your not evil, your the greatest, bestest friend I've ever had, simply wonderful I tell you.

Now?
    Now?
    Now?
    Now?
    How bout now?
    Huh? C'mon, pppppplllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee eee?????? Now?

Finally, I hear you say that glorious word that releases me from all my torment ................ "OK"

I jump up from my position on the floor, barely able to control my movements, flaling around like a banshee, drool still streaming from the corner of my mouth, making like a kite string trailing behind as I sprint toward that glorius silver bowl with all my might.

And when I get there ............ with all my built up tension, I come to find out,
    Its the same old crap that its been for most of my entire life, different day.................

REALLY???

I take a look and a whiff & I'm nausiated,
    stick my head back up in the air,
    turn my back & walk away in disgust & think,

"How would you like to eat the same bland food every day of your life?"

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy Its a battle I knew loomed over us in the future..... The future is now, so it seems

I've recounted the story of how Teddy & I came to be many times here on the forum, so I won't go into all of it again here and now. I went that day to actually get Teddy's sibling, his BIG brother, that was a cream colored Pom, just like the first dog I ever had and fell in love with. I had no intention of getting a little black runt with a stubby tail, but luckily for me, we don't always get what we want. And sometimes, what we do end up with turns out way better than we could have ever even of imagined. Such is the case with Teddy & I & I'm very thankful for that.

One of the reasons that Teddy & I ended up together is cause of the very fact that he, in essense, was born to die. Being the runt of the litter & then loosing half his tail before he was even 6 weeks old, I'll never forget the breeders words,
    "Well, with him being the runt, he's going to have all kinds of health issues. And being the runt with health issues, you can't breed him. And having only half a tail, he's non-conforming, so you couldn't show him. If I can't find a good home for him, I'll just have to put him down."

Astonished that someone claiming to love her animals, could be so damn cold, I even said to the older lady,
    "Hold up, its not his fault he was born the runt, & its not his fault he lost half of his tail, & your going to kill him for it?"

She explained it was about business, being a professional breeder she had to 'protect & better the breed & the blood-line' which I get, but I didn't understand why she had to kill the poor little runt just because he didn't meet some regulatory standards for being a pure-bred Pomeranian. She then explained something I was unaware of at the time, and that was about the life of a ......... runt.

In the dog world, being born the runt can come with alot of unknowns, most of which is that particular pups future health issues. She explained to me that runts usually (not always) have many more health issues than their non-runt siblings, and in the breeding world, their in business to 'better the breed' so more often than not, the runts of a litter are put down. When I asked why she couldn't just keep him, she explained that it wasn't financially smart for her to do so, cause with the runt having so many potential health issues, well, it could lead to astronomical vet bills throughout the dogs life, which with being a runt, that lifespan was somewhat unknown. "Don't look at it emotionally hunny, its a business for me."

My hearts always been bigger than my brain, and this lady sure knew how to pull my strings. I had no choice, I couldn't stand the thought of leaving there with the cream colored sibling who was perfect & healthy in every way, knowing that in all reality, that poor little black runt with the stubby tail, was most likely going to be ................. 'put down'

Doesn't sound so bad when you say 'put down' as opposed to what the reality is of 'killed' and for no fault of his own.

The car ride home, I was happy that I did a good thing by saving this pup from certain death, but I was also so upset, cause I didn't get what I wanted...................... Funny how life is sometimes................... isn't it?

I made the previous post & this one above, cause Teddy & I seem to be at a crossroads & I fear where this path may be leading. He's only 5 years old, and has numerous health issues that we've dealt with for his entire life, most of them lived out right here on the forum. But his food allergies & Hypo-Allerginic diet seems to be coming to a head. I understand that eating the same bland food almost every day of your life....... well, maybe I don't. I'm not a dog, so I can't really understand, only empathize from a humans perspective.

Between the Hypo-Allerginic diet and his Collapsing Trachea, he's really coming into a stage of his life that seems to be more difficult than any we've dealt with yet, up to this point. He hates his 'special formula' dog food, and begs beyond belief for anything different, especially what ever I'm having at the moment. And in the past, I understood this, & from time to time, I'd give in and give him a little piece of this or that, but only a little morsle or two, fearing kicking in his allergic reaction & having to deal with that can of worms. But as he's getting older, he seems to almost DEMAND what I'm eating, & he'll leave his kibble sit, until finally starving, and he realizes I'm not going to give in to his demands, and he'll gobble up his kibble.

Problem now is, every time I give him anything other than his 'special' kibble, and then we play fetch or chase, or even go for a walk, he has little choice and ends up spitting it up. I'm thinking this is do to his Collapsing Trachea getting worse as he ages, cause he honks/coughs way more recently than in the past. Few weeks ago, I took him to his vet & explained the issue, and she suggested increasing his dossage of Torib, which is a narcotic in cherry syrup that helps to coat his throat/trachea and also helps to calm him down so he's not so excited and making the issue worse. Only thing, he's starting to get to where he actually doesn't want to take the torib now, which is a huge departure from normal. As his vet explained, he will become addicted, and I know he is, as he usually actually begs for the stuff, which is why him starting to refuse it, is really concerning.

We were playing fetch with his little tennis ball last night, and about every 3 to 4 tosses, he'd have to stop and hack until he spat up again & this happened at least 5 or 6 times. We'll go and see his vet again this weekend, but I already know what she's going to say, cause we've already discussed it in the past. Surgery is usually only 50% effective & can actually cause worse problems, and its just something we'll have to medicate the best we can and ............. live with. It just hurts to see him.......... having to struggle so much. He's such a good dog, the Best Damn Dog I've Ever Had In My Entire Life. I didn't save him.......... he saved me.
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-14-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

... He's such a good dog, the Best Damn Dog I've Ever Had In My Entire Life. I didn't save him.......... he saved me.
    You know what, my friend?
    I've read your thread from the very begining and keep reading it as you post your updates. I think you have a really BIG HEART, that's for sure. And that is not just in relation to Teddy. I'm talking about your thoughts and views that you were brave enough to publish here, and share with the whole SL community. Those are the thoughts and views of an honest person, who really cares about others (not just himself). Kudos to you, sir!
    I also think that you have a real writing talent. Your last 2 posts prove it beyond any doubt. Well ... to be absolutely honest, (and I hope you will not be upset with me for saying this ) you need to work on your spelling and grammar, but other than that I think you actually have a real writing talent, and you shouldn't just waste it. I suggest you start saving all those posts of yours into one nice file and keep accumulating it until you are ready to publish it as a book.
    Come on - You can do it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Book...movie.... they did Marley & me... Dave & Ted's most Excellent Adventures would be way better.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been reading your tale with Teds health and recently had to put down my best dog Buster. He was 16 though and we had many good years even the last one until the last few months. It was funny(not really) how fast everything came to a head. He had multiple carcinomas developing for years and Cushing's. He became very finicky about his food in the last month and seemed to mope around a lot. I knew he wasn't feeling well and the wife and doc said no more surgeries. His last week was a good one he ,for some reason, was like a puppy again. He was running around playing, wrestling with me and having a good ole time. It seems he was rallying near the end. I got up Sat morning to bloody stool everywhere. We got the carpet shampooer out and cleaned it as best we could but I felt so bad for him because I knew he was suffering again and the end was near. My wife( a nurse) had been telling me for a couple of months and I refused to hear it. He did not even come to the bedroom door like he used to if he had to go out and usually a trip before bed time and he was good for the night.

Anyway he seemed ok that day I was hoping it was a passing thing. He still was not eating well and I offered him anything he wanted. To be safe he spent the night in the kitchen on a leash so we would not have another carpet incident and as it turned out it was a good choice. We got up to pure blood everywhere it was so distressing facing the reality of what was happening. 16yrs now I got him for the boys (who never took care of him) that are moved out now. He had been around with me for a long time. He would not eat or go to the bathroom for 2 days and on Mon morning we went to the pound. He always liked a car trip but the last year he needed to be lifted into the car. He was about 45lb. He was willing and I was sad even sadder when we arrived but there was no sense in him suffering anymore. I think as I age how much suffering will I have at the end and what can I or will I do to avoid it? Lucky for him the suffering (badly) part was very short. He was the best dog I ever knew and cannot be replaced. RIP Buster my friend

This post is not totally a sad one he lived a good life (better than me) and had good friends and people that loved him. It is the best we can all hope for and it sounds like Teddy has been lucky enough to enjoy the same. When the time comes just remember the good times you have had with him. Nothing lasts forever as I am sure you know. Good luck and give Teddy a scratch for me

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Unknown Future

Quote Originally Posted by Barlock View Post
    You know what, my friend? ..........I suggest you start saving all those posts of yours into one nice file and keep accumulating it until you are ready to publish it as a book.
    Come on - You can do it.
    Oh Dave .... I've never met you, or Teddy -- yet through your "adventures" here on Spyderlovers, I feel we are good friends that have known each other for years -- best seller in the works! Your last post is heart breaking, to say the least! I won't go into much detail, but spydercowboy and I have "been there" ... 3 times in the last five years (Hazel our Dachsund and my first dog ever was 16, Cocoa a rescued Min Pin 17, and Smudge the Pug was 15).

You, clearly, have a good heart and Teddy has a good heart -- you saved each other, after all. Praying that upcoming visit to the vet is fruitful and that Teddy feels better soon. I don't know what else to say ..... let your heart guide you (sniff, sniff ... now I have to go wipe tears off my keyboard).

Best Regards .... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It really seems like God gives special gifts to the runts. We've had several and they are always very special. What they lose in quantity of years they make up in quality of life. Some of the most difficult times of my life have been when I've had to lose a runt. They worm their way into our hearts with their special gifts like nothing else. I truly wish the best for you and Teddy. I know you'll give him the best care available.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post Our prayers are with all those effected by this past weekends storms & in the NE now

Have to say, this was a pretty decent weekend, considering just how bad it all could have turned out...... at least for us.

On Friday, I took Teddy to the Vet & got played. Dr. Nieman has been Teddy's Vet since the beginning and I trust her whole heartedly when it comes to Teddy, so I was a little taken aback when she walked in the exam room on Friday and she looked a little different than she had just the few weeks ago since we last saw her. But I just couldn't put my finger on what was different about her. Then I was really surprised when Teddy didn't take right to her like he usually does, but I wrote that off as anxiety cause he really detests having his temperature taken, and readily hides his 'backside' up against me to protect from being 'assulted' you may say. So the next thing that was perplexing was the fact that Dr. Nieman asked, "So, how is .....????" and there was a long pause cause she seemed as if she couldn't remember Teddy's name and I voluntered "Teddy" and she was like "Yeah, Teddy, that's it. So how's Teddy?" I didn't say anything and just kinda stared blankly for a minute thinking to myself, 'This isn't right, something is wrong here.'

TBC ...................... work work work
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-18-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post This past weekend continued .............

And my mind was churning .......... thinking ...... 'Nobody forgets Teddy, less alone someone so close to him whose taken care of him for the past 5 years'

I just didn't get it and there was that awkward pause and I just blankly stared at Dr. Neiman & she smiled back and looked at Teddy & I, awaiting my response, but I didn't know how to respond

I was about to ask if she was feeling ok, and just then the door to the exam room opens, and in walks ............. Dr. Neiman Ummmmmmmm.............. ................... Uhhhhhhh Both with bright smiles looking at the shocked expression upon my face at what I was seeing before me....... There were two (2) Dr. Neimans And I think I mananged to crack a smile, cause I just didn't know what else to do and finally, the 'New' Dr. Neiman that had just walked in started to speak, releaving me of all my dismay and said, "So, I see you've met my twin sister _______."

Ahhh hah! That explains it She got me ...............

Wow, over the past 5 years of visits with Teddy, we had gotten to know each other pretty well (or so I thought) but she never mentioned that she had a twin sister so yeah, she got me good on this one

TBC ................... work work work

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post Weekend continued again ..............

Now it all made since, why Teddy didn't take to the 1st Dr. Neiman like usual, cause he could tell it wasn't 'HIS' Dr. Neiman Oh what we can learn from our animals

So we all got to talking and our Vet explained how the next day was her Mom's Birthday & she decided to Fly her twin sister in from out of town, and she wanted it to be a secret, so that's why she was spending the day with her at her job at the Vetinary Clinic. Hmmmmm, just realized, I never asked, but I don't think her sister is a vet as well, think she does something totally different, but not sure. Sure did make me think twice tho, I'll admit that

So we discussed Teddy's seemingly increasing issues with his trachea & having to spit up so much, and as I thought, not much we can do. Maybe try changing the flavor of his torib to something like p-nut butter flavor or something, cause after a few years on the stuff, maybe he's just tired of the same 'ole same 'ole, which I can totally understand. So she said she'd check with a formulary that they use & see what they offered and she would get back with me the following week.

I agreed, but hid my concern.

Sounds like the perfect time for a back-story:

I know back in 2009, a friend and I took Teddy with us on a road-trip (b4Spyder) to Florida & I had forgotten to pack Teddy's medicine. Once Teddy started hacking real bad, and I realized this, I didn't get too worried cause I figured Pets-Mart/Banfield are Nation-Wide, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal to just go to the local BanField their in St. Pete and they could either pull up Teddy's records in their system, or if needed, call our local BanField & get a copy of his prescription and give us the same medicine that he takes. Sounds logical and about right, wouldn't you think?

Well, little did I know then, logical isn't anything close to what this ordeal turned out to be. Seems Dr. Neiman conconcted Teddy's torib in cherry suspension in the office, for Teddy & a few other pups that have the same condition, and none of the other clinics have heard of the practice..... as they just recommend having the surgery instead. So when I asked them to call our local clinic back home, they did, and then said, sorry, we can't help you, as that product is a narcotic, and we don't even carry it in stock, we use something entirely different for the actual intended use of the base medicine.

Great, so now we're 1500 miles from home and poor lil Teddy was hacking his head off. "What would you suggest we do?" I asked the Vet there at the St. Pete location, and that's when he suggested us going up the road to their local Formulary and seeing if they could make the medicine for us. So we followed their directions and were soon at the Formulary. Before this, I hadn't even heard of a 'Formulary' where they made individual medicines to order from your doctors prescription for individual patients...... who knew

So we get there & I handed the tech behind the bullet-proof glass the prescription that the St. Pete Vet gave to us, that he got from our local vet back home, and the tech looked at me with a perplexed expression & asked, "Ummm, is this for you?" I just kind of laughed, not knowing what the big deal was and replied, "No, its for my dog..... to treat his collapsing trachea." The tech. responded, "Oh, Ok, that makes better sense. But, ummmmmm, you know this is what vets use to put animals to sleep....... right?"

I gulped, cause at this time, I didn't know that was what the actual use of the narcotic-base was. I just knew that it was what his vet (Dr. Nieman) back home had prescribed from the on-set and never really questioned at the time, what it actually was and if she was using it for an off-intended use, like we aparently were. But I got scared when the tech. said it was used to put animals to 'sleep'. In my mind, back then, that meant they were putting an animal 'Down' by putting them to 'sleep' more or less...... killing them And for a moment, the realization hit me, that for the past couple of years, I was giving Teddy medicine on a daily basis, that if I overdosed him, I could have easily killed him

I think the tech. could see the anxiety on my face as that realization was setting in, cause he asked if I was ok, and I just nodded. I then asked, "You mean, this is what they use to euthanize an animal?"

TBC .......................
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-19-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post Weekend continued again .............. finishing the backstory

The young tech. laughed at my question & readily understood why I was looking so pain-riddled & replied, "No no no no....... nothing of the sort. Many vets use Butorphanol mixed with other meds to 'sedate' an animal, like before doing surgery. Its not INTENDED to euthanize an animal, tho I'm sure if you were to really over-dose an animal with it, it would cause severe enough respiratory failure that would lead to death, but that
    would only be in severe cases of overdose."

Whew, Ok, so chalk that up to another anxiety riddled life lesson for me Just in case your wondering, here's what Wiki has to say about it, relating to animal use:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butorphanol

So anyways, they obviously decided to use something different in the State of Florida, or at least at the St. Pete BanField cause the Vet on duty acted as if I were asking him for Crack or something, and said they stocked nothing of the sort.

So the friendly young tech. at the formulary asked how much I would need, and I explained that our Vet back home usually mixed it in a cherry suspension and that I would usually give Teddy 1CC/day as needed for his hacking & coughing. Since we still had 4 days left in Florida, I said how about 5CC's just to make sure we have enough to get home. The tech. tapped away at the keyboard in front of him, and after a few moments said, "Sure, we can make this up for you no problem. It will take us about 3 days & the total would be $372. We need payment up-front, how would you like to pay for it?"

I about sh*t a golden brick right then & there To say I was in shock doesn't even scratch the surface Thru our regular vet back home, we'd usually get a 30CC vial of the medicine already in the cherry suspension ready to use and the entire vial was something like $43........ total and that was for 30CC worth of medicine, and here this kid is telling me its going to be $372 and take 3 days for them to make it, and for only 5cc's .......... ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS

With a look of astonishment & disgust, I said something very similar to the above to the tech. cause I just couldn't believe it.

TBC .................................
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-19-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post Weekend continued again .............. The conclusion of the FLorida backstory ......

I admit, I'm ashamed at my initial reaction and to have taken it out on the tech. as I know he was only doing his job But I think most of you out there can also relate and I would guess, many might even have reacted with the same indignation that I did even tho it wasn't exactly PC (politacally correct) or even warranted, at least from the tech.s perspective

After I regained my composure, I kindly asked if he could explain to me why there was such a variance in what I usually get & pay for back home to what he was quoting me for almost nothing?

Not that I have any such inclination or desire, but I'm pretty sure for $372 for 5 cc's of product, most of which is the cherry suspension, I could probably get the best .................. never mind...... you get where I was going with that.... just didn't make any sense at least to me.

So he explained how 'Formulary's' are kind of a last resort for a type of medicine not readily or commercially available and that the store has to procure the base elements and then fashion them to the prescribers exacting specifications ..... etc, etc, etc and all that costs lots of money to do and have done. At which, I politely thanked the young tech. for his help in educating me, but due to financial constraints, would not be able to get the medicine thru them.

So we went back to our camp-ground on the beach (in case anyone wants to know, St.Pete has one of the few dog-friendly campgrounds, that's directly on the beach in the entire state of Florida called Fort De Soto Park & we highly recommend them) & I called Dr. Neiman & explained our situation & she was as surprised as we were that the BanField their in Florida didn't carry the Torib (what we call Butorphonal for short) and she then suggested that we could try some kid-friendly cough syrup but in a really small dose at first & if that didn't seem to help to try a little more.... etc, until he was out of stress. We tried, but didn't really find anything that worked, so we cut our trip short & headed back to home the next day.

Wow, I never can just tell a short story....... can I? My writings reflect my ADHD, one thing leads to another, and to another, and to.......... and in the end, you have 50 projects/stories all going on at once, and none of them are done, just like here, just like life .................

So.......... back to our story of this weekend, huh??? So where were we............. Oh yeah ...

TBC ...........................
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-19-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default What we take for granted!

We've got one of those little old formulary's here in Laporte that makes a special medicine compound for hubby. They certainly are a dying breed, kinda like the shoe repair places. Special skills like that are going away. But I know what you mean about just assuming you can drop in at the local location and get it taken care of. Hubby and I were in Alaska for a fishing expedition and cruise and I forgot to pack my motion sickness patches. Yikes! I get sick like no body's business without them. So we arrive at the airport in Alaska, and I figure I'll just go to the local Walgreens and pick up a refill before we leave Anchorage. NO DEAL! There are NO WALGREENS in Alaska! What has this world come to? I ask. My ears can't believe what I'm hearing. So, just as I am contemplating spending the next 10 days a delightful shade of green - It comes to me I have a sister in-law with a key to my house and access to UPS overnight. She came to my rescue and the vacation was saved when the UPS man delivered my medicine early the next morning.

Moral of the story - always have a packing list and a reliable back up plan!!

or maybe always pack a little whiskey!
    Last edited by KatLen0405; 11-18-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post This past Weekend ........... Continued yet again

In talking with Dr. Neiman & her sister, my fears about Teddy's health issues as he grows older became the topic. I had relayed the story from a couple of weeks back, about when we stopped by Ace Hardware & the young girl at the cash register was fawning all over Teddy & telling us how when we were there the previous week, she had posted pics of Teddy to her Instagram Account & that she had gotten the most responses ever & how everything was good and jockular & then she shocked me right before we left by asking, "Wow, what are you going to do when he's gone?"

Dr. Neiman was all smiles while I was relaying the story to her, and her face dropped just like mine had when the young girl so innocently proposed her question to me. "Seriously, just out of the blue, she asks THAT?" she asked.

"Yup. And I know it was an honest and innocent question, cause she knows the bond that Teddy & I share, but as I told her, that's just not something I choose to think about" and we left the store a little sadder than when we entered, to say the least.

"Wow, I could imagine. So, I'm guessing that's been on your mind this entire time, huh?" Dr. Neiman coaxed, changing from Teddy's Vet to my personal Psychologist in the hopes of helping both of us.

"Well, yeah. You know, with him being the runt, and having so many health issues, and ......." I just went quiet in somber thought of a future without Teddy in it. Not gonna lie, I think my eyes were a bit on the wattery side and I felt a little exposed, considerring her sister was there & this was the first time we were meeting.

But as usual, Teddy's Vet is always upbeat & on the postive side, so she stopped my thought process in its tracks and smiled and said, "You know, its a fact that many runts have health issues, and yes, Teddy has his share, but just because he's a runt doesn't necessarily mean he's going to have a shorter life span than a non-runt would have. Yes, genetics has a big role, but so does living a healthy & active lifestyle and being in a loving environment, and I don't think there's much better you could do for Teddy than your already doing. I don't think you have anything to worry about, and I don't think this is a sign of progression, just maybe more of a platue and he's tired of the same old stuff, so maybe we need to change things up a bit." While talking, she's poking and prodding around on Teddy while her sister watches from the background, and as she continued her investigatory prodding, she elicited a loud "YEALP!" from Teddy, which kind of surprised all of us. "Hmmmm, I wouldn't have thought that would be his reaction, I was just trying to coax him to start his coughing. I wonder....." and she got out her stethiscope and proceeded to listen to Teddys Lungs and heart and I could tell she was hearing something that concerned her a bit by the look on her face. "I'm thinking much of whats going on might be cause he sounds like he has a slight sinus infection, so we'll give him some anti-biotics to go home with you. Start him on them tomorrow, and it should clear up in no time, and we'll check back in a couple of weeks & see how he's doing then. Don't worry Dave, he's fine, and he's going to be fine for a long time to come. Get what that girl said out of your head, or it will just eat away at you & you'll worry about everything and you'll be afraid to Live Life. And that would be the worse thing you could do, for either of you."

Have I ever told you how much I love Teddy's Vet She's a fantastic woman

So that was how Friday went, so lets get on to Saturday, and our Group Ryde to Augusta KY with a few other Cincy Area Locals

TBC ......... work work work

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post This past Weekend ........... Continued = Group Ryde on Saturday

So there were four of us locals for our Group Ryde to Augusta, KY on Saturday which some of you may know (or may not) is the home-town of the Clooney Clan, as in most noteably, George Clooney. It was kind of funny, cause after the 4 of us made it to the center of town and parked our Spyders, we walked across the street to snap a few pics, and as we did, so did many of the locals and other tourists. Especially since I had left The Tedster on the back of his sled so he could pose for a few of the pics, I soon discovered that I couldn't really take pics of him because of the gathering crowd he was garnering. And of course, he ham'd it up as usual, and allowed me to don his doggles (even tho his sled wasn't moving) and he happily posed for picture after picture. As we would appease one crowd and they'd start back on their way thru the quaint streets to the local businesses, another crowd would soon take their place, Ohhhhhh'n & Ahhhhhhh'n around Teddy.

One of the local merchant owners came out to see what all the 'hubub' was about, and when I pointed out Teddy (that was across the street) on the back of the Spyder to her, she asked for me to wait til she could get her camera & she'd be right back. She came back quickly and approached Teddy while taking pictures with her camera phone and then stopped to thank & pet Teddy for being so patient and posing for her. I found a treat for him, & told the lady to hold her hand close enough so that Teddy could reach it, and then ask him to 'HI5' & she did, and Teddy did, so he could get his treat, and the lady really lit up in a HUGE Smile. She then made the comment that we should be on Letterman & that she wished that Marjory Clooney (I think George Clooney's Mom, not really sure tho) was in town, cause she was really an animal lover and would have really enjoyed seeing & meeting Teddy Sometimes, I'm really amazed at the amount of JOY that this one little dog brings into so many lives Notable natives and residents[edit]

The high school carillon in Augusta, KY is dedicated to Rosemary Clooney.

The above picture is part of what I was describing earlier about crowd after crowd enjoying the 'AWE' that IS TEDDY After all that got settled down, we went down the street to a quaint little bistro for lunch, and you talking about jaws dropping when the ppl inside saw me set Teddy in the high-chair at the table, it was a funny sight to say the least. I mean, this is a very small town river-city, with maybe 400 residents, but tons of charm, so they always have tourists stopping by year round, cause it really is like taking a step back in time. So yeah, you can imagine, there not used to seeing ANYTHING like Teddy, a Spyder Ryde'n little black dog with a red mow-hawk & matching pom tail and a personality larger than life itself ........... GOOD TIMES

After we ate lunch at the little bistro in Augusta, we found that the Ferry was closed for construction, so we couldn't get across the Ohio River like we originally planned. So instead, we decided to continue on the KY side of the river til we got to the bridge and cross over there and Coz suggested stopping by Rockin' Robbin's Soda Shoppe for dessert.............. mmmmmmmmmmm.............. Ice Cream Sundays, Yummy

After dessert and some more good conversation, we found it was already starting to get dark outside, so we had better start making our way back home. We ended up stopping in New Richmond along the Ohio River at one of their quaint little river parks where you can launch your boats. That's where we took the above picture and let Teddy run around like a crazy dog, since he had been so good with having to sit in 2 different high-chairs thru lunch and then thru dessert where he had his own ice-cream & subsequent 'BRAIN-FREEZE' poor lil guy ... He just can't stop himself ... But he was good, and I figured since he had a sugar rush, best to let him run around a bit & burn it off

After the river-park, we all headed our seperate ways home, just as the sun was setting on a pretty decent day, if I do say so myself If I had to guess, I'd say Teddy did his part that day, to make at least 50 or so peoples' day just a little brighter
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 11-19-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Great story, as usual and I'm glad to hear that Teddy is going to be okay, Steve, but there was no pictures in your last post (just those red crosses).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have I ever told you how much I love Teddy's Vet She's a fantastic woman

A good Vet is like a good Spyder. Cheaper to take care of and does the job fantastically. It took me years to find one

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not sure why this is. I've pulled the post up on WinXP & also on my phone using Android & both platforms show the pictures for me, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Even when accessing using Tap-a-Talk, it took a few seconds for them to load, but they did show, even there.

Mind sharing which platform/web browser your using?

Anyone else having issues with being able to see the pics posted in my last post

There were only 3 pics and one Copy/Paste from Wiki about the "Famous Residents of Augusta"

Nope can't see the pictures thought it was on my end

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No pics here, did see the plaque.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy Interesting

Not sure what's going on, but I'm working on it. Thanks for letting me know

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Same here, no pics, except for the plaque??
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Default Hopefully this worked

I deleted & re-uploaded the pics, if someone can let me know if it worked or not, I'd appreciate it

Spyder Garage

I see the pictures now. I didn't see them before. Sounds like it was a good day and a good trip. I'm going through withdrawal symptoms because I put my Spyder away at the end of October. It's just been too cold and windy to ride and if it's warmer, it's usually raining.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post Was a chilly 24F on the ryde in to work this morning

Here's what one of our local weather-men has to say about the rest of the week.... weather wise

Good morning! Its a bit colder this morning. With clear skies, we are starting in the 20s and lower 30s. Expect lots of sunshine to start the day with a gradual increase in clouds later on. It won't be as chilly today, but still rather cool with highs reaching to near 50. Tonight, cloud cover thickens in advance of our next weather system which will bring a few hit-or-miss showers to the area tomorrow. But the rain chances go much higher tomorrow night into Friday as yet another cold front moves in. Behind this front, we could be looking at the coldest air we have seen yet this season....................... Oh Joy

Well, it IS almost winter time, so what else can we expect for where we live

Don't know if its worse for me or for Teddy, but I really can't stand his coat now that its in its in-between phase, now that we're letting it grow back out for the winter time. Its not nearly as bad as long hair in the summer, cause then its just a total rats-nest when we get done ryding, especially if he had me going on the Interstate

At least with it getting colder, whenever we ryde now, I always keep a shirt on him and usually his ryding jacket, so it pretty much keeps his coat under control and well hidden from wisping around and getting matted. But having to brush him out every day isn't something he really enjoys no matter how tender I try to be. He tollerates it to an extent, then when he's had his limit, he'll actually raise his paw & stop my hand with the comb in it, and he'll give me 'That' look as if to say, "OK, we're done now" move on dad. Oh yeah, he knows how to play me no doubt about that

A little down today cause we were looking forward to making a road-trip to Lamonts this weekend to have him do the Laser Alignment on Teds Red Sled & we also had 2 other locals that wanted to go as well. Had everything confirmed with Lamont, but it was all depending on the weather and wouldn't you know it, we all agreed we could deal with the cold, just not cold & WET & sure enough, Lamonts area has a 60% chance of rain for Saturday So we had to call the road-trip off Have to admit, I don't like 'get'n soft' but I also know its probably for the best. Freezing temps and wetness can easily lead to ice which can just as easily lead to...

So instead, I talked with a few other locals & we're going to try to get a group of at least 10 (hopefully more) Spyder Owners to commit that they want the Laser Alignment done, and once we get enough, I'll contact Lamont once again & see when he can come to the Cincy Area and do them here locally

Here's a link to the Thread where I have the Tally sheet started, and we just had another add, so we're up to 6, just need at least 4 more