Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    If I could sing, this is where I would have broke out in song.
    Does Teddy sing along??

Good news yesterday...I'm employed again, and start Monday!
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Electrical issues can be more maddening than the ex's divorce attorney...
    Glad to hear that you're tuning up your singing voice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Here's ALL the info/specs I can find about the old & new systems, tho I don't think the info they list actually helps the equation
    uploadfromtaptalk1357912142175.jpg
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 01-11-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

The above post is the new monitor and this was the old one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KCPete View Post
    Does Teddy sing along??

Good news yesterday...I'm employed again, and start Monday!
    PETE, THATS GREAT NEWS CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Electrical issues can be more maddening than the ex's divorce attorney...
    Glad to hear that you're tuning up your singing voice!
    BOB, when I got divorced, neither of us had an attorney, heck we weren't even in the same County or courtroom, did it over the phone.... gotta luv Florida for some things and trust me, you don't want to hear me try n sing Teddy's sensitive ears can't take that abuse

Spyder Garage

Exclamation But I can't sing & it was short lived none the less

So as I was saying, the mock-up proved all was good, even after starting the sled, we still had a crystal clear picture Feeling good about the situation, we would have went out for a quick test ryde, just for more confirmation, but all the wires were just mocked up to the connections, still being bare and it was raining out, so I thought it best not to tempt fate and possibly fry the entire system, so I shut the sled down and proceeded to undo the mock connections and begin the tedius work of fishing the wires thru the bowels of Teds Red Sled, trying my best to be cautious of the muffler connections, as I don't want to wires to melt after a long hot ryde.

So I took my time and undid many of the connections that I had previously made by wire-tying the video cables together that I had made before and combining them all together and encasing the entire lot into some of those heat-safe wire tubes that I had laying around, especially when running along side the fuel tank, as I've read many a report on here of people saying that the fuel can get hot enough to boil, so I figured the extra precaution couldn't hurt, only help.

So after a while, I finally got every fished thru and cleaned up and was pretty proud of the completed job, as I'm far from a professional, but I have to admit, it was a nice & tidy, install. Mind you now, Teddy got tired of waiting to ryde, and after a couple of hours of high hopes, demanded to be returned to the comforts of his heated condo, so it was justme and the radio left and it was now after 10pm. Knwing I've got to be up at 3:50am to get ready for work.....

TBC......

Spyder Garage

Question Ummmmmmm...... I missed something Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    I don't see the current draw spec or even anything that you could derive it from.

This coming week I am planning to replace the analog clock with an oil pressure gauge so I think as long as I'll have everything apart I'll play with the black wire and see what happens.
    You speak of an analogue clock did Len skip this option on Teds Red Sled or is this of your own modding

Spyder Garage

Cool O M G !!! The Spyder Junkies get their fix on a 64 mile RUSH

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Anyone that owns an RT & likes get'n on it in the twisties, do yourself a favor &

Get the New BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Seriously folks, it will feel like you have an entirely different beast between your legs when you get on it in the twisties. The byke stays so flat, I had readjust my ryding style, I felt like I was on a TRON Byke. Going out to the twisties heading to Rabbit Hash, the switchbacks are signed at 15 MPH & before the switch, we could handle them at 35-40, but that's with me doing much of the work leaning from side to side to help compensate. Yesterday, we were able to handle those same twisties, averaging around 45-50 with me having to do very little work I'm serious when I tell you my face is still hurting today, from
    SMILING so dang much

Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Seriously folks, it will feel like you have an entirely different beast between your legs when you get on it in the twisties. The byke stays so flat, I had readjust my ryding style, I felt like I was on a TRON Byke. Going out to the twisties heading to Rabbit Hash, the switchbacks are signed at 15 MPH & before the switch, we could handle them at 35-40, but that's with me doing much of the work leaning from side to side to help compensate. Yesterday, we were able to handle those same twisties, averaging around 45-50 with me having to do very little work I'm serious when I tell you my face is still hurting today, from
    SMILING so dang much
    I told you so, Best performance mod yet!
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Default Sweet!!

SMILING so dang much
    Dune buggy is draining most of the extra funds right now but emailed Ron on getting one the next batch. Taking your word on this one
    bro!
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    Dune buggy is draining most of the extra funds right now but emailed Ron on getting one the next batch. Taking your word on this one
    bro!
    You won't be disappointed.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Video of the newly installed Kewl Metal air intake on Teds Red Sled Jan 2013

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    You won't be disappointed.
    As the King stated, you won't regret it. Tho I can't be responsible for what it may cause you to do with your newly found handling. Like for instance, I'm dying to get back to the Dragon now and really give Teds Red Sled a proper work-out

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Teddy's red sled EXPOSED!!!!

Sheeese Dave the least you could do is cover the poor thing up so it's not so exposed!!!Put a skirt on her!!!! a toto maybe!!? Downright perverting!!! Poor thang!!! Now that the frunk is exposed think it would hold 41 GAL like the manual says?? Like would anybody even TRY to do it in liquid form??? Sorry couldn't help it... had to give ya a hard time. I'm BAD!!! BUT sure seems like your making a LOT of progress. Hang in there! it will get done some day...... SOON!!!

Spyder Garage

Cool

Lookin' Good, Dave!!

Now get the Sled dressed! Sounds good, Teddy's looking happy, just need to wrap things up and you'll have your living room back!!

I installed the Kewlmetal kit a couple days ago....and I LIKE it!! Waiting for the new job to start showing some returns, & then BajaRon's sway bar is getting ordered....can hardly wait!

Pete & Janet (the fur-kids all say Hi! to Teddy!)
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Spyder Garage

Love the video, still can't believe you are riding it like that. Aren't your legs frying like I told you or is it cool?
    Last edited by kinggeek; 01-13-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default Air intake

Sure like the looks of that. Guessing that was real B__ch to get that old air box out. I only see one made for the RS but
    it must fit RT also?
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

You know as I was watching your cool video I began thinking about how cool it would be to have translucent or clear body panels on the Spyder.
    Me too!
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Many thanks go out 2 Doc & Roger 4 going before & Pete & King for your physical help

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    Love the video, still can't believe you are riding it like that. Aren't your legs frying like I told you or is it cool?
    Believe it or not, we did over 60 miles the other day, and as you know, the temps were in the 60s, and I have to admit, there was very little hot air, more on the left side actually than on the right (mind you, this is without the body panels) and when we got to the Interstate at highway speeds of 85 or so, that warm air was actually pleasant. But no, not an issue with heat at all, at least on this past test ryde

You know as I was watching your cool video I began thinking about how cool it would be to have translucent or clear body panels on the Spyder.
    Roger, it does sound cool, but in my opinion, the Spyder is one UGLY BEAST under the tupperware. It would definately be unique and different, but it wouldn't be along the lines of how they do some of those sexy SuperCars I for one, welcome the return of the tupperware, tho I just wish it were easier off and on without having to dissasemble so many other panels just to get the one you need removed

Sure like the looks of that. Guessing that was real B__ch to get that old air box out. I only see one made for the RS but
    it must fit RT also?
    Easy answer is YES, it was a pain to remove. But unlike Roger, I didn't have to touch anything to do with the glove-box assembly and am not sure why he did, as nothing was in the way in that area for the removal, at least for me. On the right side, there is one rather thin frame support that a bolt goes into, and I had to slightly bend it out of the way to get the airbox out the right side, but was easily able to bend it right back into place. And YES, the RS Kit from Kewl Metal is the same one I used, as suggested by doc and it works like a charm on the RT. I can't believe how open it is on the interior now, and how much easier it will be going forward changing plugs and wires

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Unexpected positive with the changing of tires

• General Altimax HP
    • Performance Touring All Season,Continental General
    • Size: 215/60R15SL
    • Quantity: 1

• General Altimax HP
    • Performance Touring All Season,Continental General
    • Size: 185/60R14SL
    • Quantity: 2

Teddy had me switch out our stock tires with the above posted tires that we got from TireBuyer.com for a decent price & then had them installed on the RTs wheels for like $20 some dollars at WalMart. Much better than any other installer, just remove them yourself and take the old ones in a cart and have them switch them out for you. I did a decent write up on last years 2012 Thread if you want more details about it. I also replaced the rear wheel bearings, so I had disassembled the rear wheel, so thats why they were able to do it. If you didn't take off the Sprocket & Hub, they wouldn't be able to do it, just so you know.

But on our recent 60+ mile test ryde, I noticed that our Garmin Zumo 665 GPS now displays the same speed as the digital speedo on Teds Red Sled. Before the switch, it always displayed right at a 2 mph difference between the two. Nothing major, just one of those quirks you try to get used to & ignore. Have to admit tho, I like it now that everything is in agreement

Spyder Garage

Default Can anyone explain this?

Spyder Garage

Warp drive!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

CyncySpyder Can anyone explain this?

I know you haven't been able to ride Teds Red Sled for sometime but even you can't have forgotten -That's the cluster display

Sorry Dave just had to say it - Someone had to
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Right you are Eddie, but. .........

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    CyncySpyder Can anyone explain this?

I know you haven't been able to ride Teds Red Sled for sometime but even you can't have forgotten -That's the cluster display

Sorry Dave just had to say it - Someone had to
    Did you by chance notice what it shows as our average speed