Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Angry Grumble grumble grumble- flub flub flub

sorry folks, once again having to take a break from story-time. Was sent home early again from work so I went home & started working on painting some more. Figured I'd take Teddy with me to Therapy & its almost 60 degrees & sunny right now, tho snow tomorrow. Killed me not takinv the sled, but since I still have the shield off, no wah in h*ll am I doing that again, so we took the Cougar. Pull out of the driveway & hear flub flub flub and the car is pulling to the right real bad. Ugh!!! Are you serious? Yup, just got new tires on the Cougar the day after Christmas & here we are now with a front passenger flat tire. Ugh!!! Stopped by the gas station & put a can of fix-a-flat that got it back up enough to drive. Called Therapy & cancelled & now we're sitting here at Tire Discounters waiting for them to fix or replace it. We have ride-on in the Spyeer tires but I didn't think of iit for the car til now, a little too late

Spyder Garage

Angry Grumble grumble grumble- flub flub flub

Oh Joy. Now I find out, no problem with tire. They say my rim has a small crack in the middle of it
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-19-2013 at 08:06 AM.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Rim

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    sorry folks, once again having to take a break from story-time. Was sent home early again from work so I went home & started working on painting some more. Figured I'd take Teddy with me to Therapy & its almost 60 degrees & sunny right now, tho snow tomorrow. Killed me not takinv the sled, but since I still have the shield off, no wah in h*ll am I doing that again, so we took the Cougar. Pull out of the driveway & hear flub flub flub and the car is pulling to the right real bad. Ugh!!! Are you serious? Yup, just got new tires on the Cougar the day after Christmas & here we are now with a front passenger flat tire. Ugh!!! Stopped by the gas station & put a can of fix-a-flat that got it back up enough to drive. Called Therapy & cancelled & now we're sitting here at Tire Discounters waiting for them to fix or replace it. We have ride-on in the Spyeer tires but I didn't think of iit for the car til now, a little too late

Oh Joy. Now I find out, no problem with tire. They say my rim has a small crack in the middle of it
    If it isn't one thing, its another.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default RIM

When it rains, it pours.

Spyder Garage

yeah.... the weather is a cruel thing

down here its 80 one day, then 58 the next..... wish it would make up its mind...

this past weekend had a poker run on saturday and it was a little chilly (by Florida standards), and then had a BIN run on Sunday which I didnt go to cause it was like 50 plus 20-25 mph winds......

tooo cold for these old bones......
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Default clearcoat

Cleaned & sanded

Side view

Other side

Primed
    dave, did you clearcoat the red parts yet ? let's see some pics.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Question Yes, I did, and so far, what I've done looks GREAT, but haven't taken pics yet

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    dave, did you clearcoat the red parts yet ? let's see some pics.
    The 1st time I did this in the Spring, it was a totally new learning experience, as I had never done any painting from a spray can before & was afraid to try the clear coat, so I left the parts without it. With all of y'alls suggestions & a little trial & error learning curve, I'm now happy to report, tho not perfect, the parts came out really well, much better than before. As suggested & learned, propper prepping and patience is 80% of the battle.

The parts from my first try, without clearcoat, started chipping easily & showing signs of wear, which I wasn't very happy with.

Version 2 parts have all been sanded, primed, 5 coats of paint and 7 coats of clearcoat & the difference is night & day & they should stay bright, glossy & chip free for a long time to come. Being winter, I had no choice but to do all the painting & prep in the spare bedroom thats not used, with windows open and ceiling fan on high for ventilation, along with the thermostat set at 70F. While not ideal, it worked, tho sadly I'm still not finished.

I did all the parts in the picture, but now I need to dissasemble Teds Red Sled even more to remove the rear speaker grills, unlike the fronts, they don't 'pop' out, they actually 'pop' in, requiring me to once again remove the rear passenger speaker pods to get them out ..... frustrating.

Even more frustrating is trying to remove the 2 metal pivot brackets & the dog-bone casting (the one that broke & had to be replaced last summer) that hold & move the windshield casting support in place & up and down. I now understand why BRP said the dealer had to replace the entire motor & mechanism instead of just the metal dog-bone support, they made it all into one big piece. I tried removing them to bring them in to paint, cause I know how I am, and from the drivers seat, I'll be able to see the 3 ugly gray casting supports under the bright Viper Red windshield mount & it will drive me batty. I can't stand the OEM grey castings, they just look so cheap to me & I can't stand them. I realize most ppl would probably just leave these 3 small castings alone, cause from the front view, I don't think they would really be that obvious. But every time I get in the seat, I'll be seeing them & it will get under my skin & drive me crazy over time.

Anyone else done this, any suggestions? I was going to take the entire windshield motor & suppost castings off and bring them inside to paint, got everything unscrewed and the one wire harness unplugged, but then I ran into 2 wires that are together and they seem to be hard-wired with a connection inbetween that looks as if it has shrink wrap over it. I'm a fish out of water here, and am afraid to try and disconnect them, for fear I may not be able to get them back correctly. The wire colors don't even match, with all 4 (2 in 2 out) having different colors, so that's got me perplexed & procrastinating. I thought about covering the Spyder except the 3 bracket castings & painting them in place, but its too cold in the garage & no ventilation, so that's not feasible.
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-21-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Pic denoting PITA brackets in question

Spyder Garage

Hopnel makes a dash bag that would block your view of those brackets while in the driver's seat. I like it & is much easier install than what you are proposing. If you get it, super glue the Velcro down on the dash, as they will not stay stuck on at highway speeds, even if you clean the dash before applying.

Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Leave the brackets in place and get some small artist paint brushes.

Spyder Garage

Default Painting of the windshield brackets is complete

We went from the above OEM grey casting color to the satin black below. Should just blend in with the top cover now.

uploadfromtaptalk1361792078328.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361792109039.jpg
    Covered the front of Ted's Sled & spray painted satin black the windshield brackets in place. Turned out well.

ENJOY the RYDE
    dav n ted~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-25-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Finished painting the red parts except rear speaker grills

uploadfromtaptalk1361792377854.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361792404871.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361792427165.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361792441674.jpg

These turned out great using the Viper Red from TouchUp Direct paint & clear coat. You can tell a HUGE difference between the 2 dash bezels, as I redid the spare in the same Valspar paint I used before. I didn't think there was that much difference, but as you can see in the pics, there is. I'm very happy with the end results & now just need to redo the rear speaker grills, & we'll be done with this little part of modding.

ENJOY the RYDE
    dav n ted~
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-01-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Look what I saw . . . . NOT HAPPY

uploadfromtaptalk1361792996174.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361793018189.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361793037494.jpg
    This about gave me a heart attack when I saw how much had leaked out this time. The Service Manager at Middletown Cycle never called to say the parts came in yet, so I'll once again be bugging them again today. This is frustrating.
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-01-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default newspaper fix

[QUOTE=CyncySpyder;577393]uploadfromtaptalk1361451778150.jpg[/QUOTE

Dave, can you just remove dash cover on top and tape off. Using newspaper for the larger areas should be fine.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Yup, we covered the front with a tarp & painted in place

[QUOTE=rcdurango;579118]
    uploadfromtaptalk1361451778150.jpg[/QUOTEDave, can you just remove dash cover on top and tape off. Using newspaper for the larger areas should be fine.

I'm guessing you missed the post above, but I just finished doing similar to what you suggested this weekend. I was just worried about doing them in the garage as the temp. was only in the mid-40's & the can was saying for best results, only use around 70F, but they still turned out fine

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I never really thought of it, but painting those parts black will also make it easier to spot a crack in the dogbone...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Question Roadtrip to Pitbull Power Sports Grand Opening this weekend

Ok, so this weekend is the Grand Opening of Lens (formerly of Cowtown fame & Host of SpyderFest) New store, PitBull Power Sports. Since Teds Red Sled is still awaiting parts, we thought we'd do the unthinkable & actually cage it to the Festivities in the Cougar. Won't be nearly as fun as trip'n Spyder Style, but at least we do have this option, along with extra space. Tho honestly, I'd only recommend the space for one other adult for comforts sake, as the 2 rear seats are rather tight, but totally usable. Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if any one else from the Cincy/NKY. area would like to join us. Figure head down early Saturday mornin, leaving around 5am, spend the day at the New Store & let Teddy schmooze, grab a cheap hotel for the night, stop by Sunday morning if anybody's going to be there and head home Sunday afternoon. If anyone is interested, just send me a pm.

Spyder Garage

Dave & Teddy

I have a small present for Teddy I'd like to send along only I need a little info and your mailing address Can you do me a big favor and tell me how long including the buckle Teddy's collar is and send me your address in a PM so I can send our present along !

Nicole & Jake
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Ok, so this weekend is the Grand Opening of Lens (formerly of Cowtown fame & Host of SpyderFest) New store, PitBull Power Sports. Since Teds Red Sled is still awaiting parts, we thought we'd do the unthinkable & actually cage it to the Festivities in the Cougar. Won't be nearly as fun as trip'n Spyder Style, but at least we do have this option, along with extra space. Tho honestly, I'd only recommend the space for one other adult for comforts sake, as the 2 rear seats are rather tight, but totally usable. Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if any one else from the Cincy/NKY. area would like to join us. Figure head down early Saturday mornin, leaving around 5am, spend the day at the New Store & let Teddy schmooze, grab a cheap hotel for the night, stop by Sunday morning if anybody's going to be there and head home Sunday afternoon. If anyone is interested, just send me a pm.
    We will be looking forward to seeing you and Teddy (especially Teddy ) again............it's been awhile!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Post Just an FYI: Doing a little story 'housekeeping' & putting it all in one Mega post

Ive gone back up and edited my original DREAMS: post and deleted all the following seperate Parts and added them all back in to the Main post to make it easier for all of you to follow along, as it seems daily life (& work) keeps getting in the way of my ability to properly tell a story. Hope this format will make it easier for Teddy's fans to enjoy our Adventures, plus it gives me time to sort thru the thousands (yes, I just checked & according to this site, we have over 1359 pics uploaded-WOW-lol) of pictures that we've taken while on our Adventures and I can properly add the correct picture that goes along with the story time-line. Kind of like having a real life illistrated novel for your reading enjoyment

Forgive me tho, as I'm far from any type of profesional, and often times, the format size of the uploaded pictures can sometimes be too small or too large & blows up your screen. I know I know, I can go thru & edit them, and some I do take the time to do that, but with having so many, its not something I want to dedicate alot of my free time to do, if that makes any sense. Just keeping up with the story can be a struggle in itself along with daily working and living. So bare with me & if you have any suggestions or advice, feel free to post it.

On a side note, one good thing about posting the 'Next Chapter' so to speak in a new post, kept the thread 'alive' for those of us that generally just check the 'New Posts' tab when we log on to SpyderLovers. With me just going back & re-editing that one previous post over and over again until I get the story completed, this thread won't update as having something 'NEW' added, and I'm afraid some ppl might miss the new stuff that has been added, so please keep this in mind, and remember if your interested in that DREAMS story, you'll continually have to keep going back to that main DREAMS post to check & see if I have updated it with the next chapter.

Another way of keeping this thread 'Alive' and current so it shows up in the 'New Posts' is for ppl to post something on here. Feel free to share your Adventures or pics as well, especially if you have any relating to a current topic or subjust. Like if anyone has any pics from Lamonts Bar-B-Q from last year, or stories about it, feel free to share them here. Its always good to see anothers' perspective of the same event, no?
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-01-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

uploadfromtaptalk1361792996174.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361793018189.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1361793037494.jpg
    This about gave me a heart attack when I saw how much had leaked out this time. The Service Manager at Middletown Cycle never called to say the parts came in yet, so I'll once again be bugging them again today. This is frustrating.
    Dave, was wondering if the leaking issue was ever straightened out. I am just asking, as this seems to be something that could cause you major headaches if not fixed. Plus the fix would give other spyderlovers an idea what to look for if they see something similar. Hoping it is fixed and Teddy and you will be on the rode again!
    Last edited by Netminder; 03-01-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Spyder Garage

So... when'd you put the steering wheel mod on Ted's Sled? :o)
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

So nice to meet You an Teddy!! cant wait to see Teddy in a Tux!!!
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.