Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Minnesotans Unite at Spyderfest!

The big announcement came out...Spyderfest is going to be April 24 - 28 this year...the host city will be Ozark, MO.(near Springfield, MO)

So now the big question is, "Who's going from Minnesota?"

Butch and I have already registered online. Check out the official post for Spyderfest for all the registration and lodging information. http://www.spyderfest.com Then as the event gets closer they will add the event schedule.

If you have not attended this event before it is a must! It is a wonderful way to meet some great people, put some faces to the names you see here on Spyderlover, there will be lots of vendors (mostly the ones on this site!) with great riding opportunities too. So, put in for your days off of work (if like Butch and I, you still need to do that!) or put in for days off with the family (bring them with too!) and get your registration and reservations in soon!

See you there, Paula & Butch

Attending:
    Butch & Paula - Econo Lodge
    Seth - Econo Lodge
    Eagle (Neal) - Super 8
    MMcc (Mike & Carolyn) - camping
    Soaring Hawk (Gary & Gwen) - camping
    Richard - Super 8
    badazzspyde (Russell & Joyce) - Hampton Inn
    bobbobtar (Bob & Kathy) - Hampton Inn
    Glenn & Di - Super 8
    Cindy - Super 8
    Fireplug98 (Tommy) - Econo Lodge
    Bws (Bruce & Doreen) - Comfort Inn
    Cindy - Super 8
    Glenn & Di - Super 8
    Vikki - Baymont Inn
    wfdfirech3 (John) - Baymont Inn
    Last edited by Paula(Butch2025); 03-12-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Default Want to attend

Paula, Carolyn and I are looking into RV parks. Would plan to attend on our way home. Need some help from planners as we are not familiar with the area and don't want to stay too far from the action. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Rv parks

Let me know if you find any rv parks, if the other half comes with I'll bring the toy hauler. If she doesn't come I'll tent it.
    Stevemac said Len is checking out campgrounds and will post more info when he is done.

Come on winter end!!!
    having Spyder withdrawals

Gary
    Last edited by soaring hawk; 01-02-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default RV/tent camping

Hopefully they will find something closer than 35 or 40 miles. That was the best that I could find. I don't mind the ride but with my bride and puppy dog it would not be a fun time forth and back trying to take in all the activities. We do not pull a car behind the motorhome, as we rely on the spyder to get around while traveling. I sure something will work out as there are many RV and campers in the same situation. I am sure that they did not forget about us. I did call one motel to see if they would allow dry dock camping in their parking lot. I was told no, not an option. Local rules would prohibit us from staying in the unit. Not sure if they meant motel/city/county or state, but thought I would ask.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    Paula, Carolyn and I are looking into RV parks. Would plan to attend on our way home. Need some help from planners as we are not familiar with the area and don't want to stay too far from the action. Mike
    Mike, if you check out the official Spyderfest website: http://www.spyderfest.com and click on the lodging tab at the top of the page they will have camping info coming soon. If I see it come up I'll shoot you a message. Not a lot of help right now but hopefully soon!

Spyder Garage

Default spyderfest

i will for sure be there AGAIN. have room at the super 8, as i have done for the past 2 years in Cuba. for those " THINKING ' of going, put it on the TOP of your list for 2013. it is a BLAST, lots of cool people food and an all-around fun time. lots of good riding also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    Need some help from planners as we are not familiar with the area and don't want to stay too far from the action. Mike
    We're staying at Ozark Highlands, $28/day, as are several other attendees. It has public bathroom facilities. Len told Ed he was going to check it out before posting it. Looks like it's pretty close to the official hotel, something like 3 miles. There is another RV park nearby which is $40/day ($20/day for Passport America) but no public bathrooms.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    i will for sure be there AGAIN. have room at the super 8, as i have done for the past 2 years in Cuba. for those " THINKING ' of going, put it on the TOP of your list for 2013. it is a BLAST, lots of cool people food and an all-around fun time. lots of good riding also.
    Glad to hear you will be there again.

Spyder Garage

We are considering heading to the 'Fest, but have to find a trailor for the Spyder and the Harley first. We don't want to buy one, just rent. Any ideas?

We will be at the Bike show on the 12th though.

Lori
    BabyBlue

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
    We are considering heading to the 'Fest, but have to find a trailor for the Spyder and the Harley first. We don't want to buy one, just rent. Any ideas?

Lori
    Look forward to see you again at the bike show...see you at 2pm! You could check with Les at Caswell Cycle to see if they rent or know of a place to contact.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow! It looks like Minnesota will be well represented this year. Check our my first post in this thread to see a list of those that I have heard from that are going. If you are not on the list just post here and I will add you. Don't forget to pack your Minnesota SpyderLovers shirt to wear down there!!!

Spyder Garage

I have reservation at EconoLodge. (If Tori lets me go )
    She can't go because of work.

I WANNA GO !! I WANNA GO !! I WANNA GO !!

FYI >>EconoLodge just opened up 20-25 more rooms for SpyderFest the other day, if anyone wants to switch to EconoLodge.
    They are cheaper $$ than Super8.

Tommy J.
    Last edited by fireplug98; 01-10-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    Look forward to see you again at the bike show...see you at 2pm! You could check with Les at Caswell Cycle to see if they rent or know of a place to contact.

LOL I just talked to Les the other day about a trailer for me.
    He is looking for one for me to buy (since another couple {I won't mention they're name} stole the one I wanted right out from under me.....) LOL
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    LOL I just talked to Les the other day about a trailer for me.
    He is looking for one for me to buy (since another couple {I won't mention they're name} stole the one I wanted right out from under me.....) LOL
    Good Luck with finding a trailer....but if Tori isn't going and you have an RT (with all those nice compartments) tell me again why you need a trailer?

Spyder Garage

Good Luck with finding a trailer....but if Tori isn't going and you have an RT (with all those nice compartments) tell me again why you need a trailer?
    Because I want to bring the farm !!!! LOL :-)
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

I am originally from Pipestone Minnesota but now hail from Waynesville MO, and yes I will be there--Oh and Soaring Hawk, I see you are from Southern Minnesota, where bout??

X Man--

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Because I want to bring the farm !!!! LOL :-)
    Well don't forget to leave a little corner for all the "stuff" you'll be picking up down there too!

Spyder Garage

Well don't forget to leave a little corner for all the "stuff" you'll be picking up down there too!
    LOL Gonna bring a BIG backpack !!!! LOL
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

I'm in !!!!!

Mama gave me the okie-dokie to go !!!
    Unfortunately because of school, she can't get the time off to go.
    2019 F3L , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We haven't met before. I'm Bruce and my wife is Doreen. We live in Faribault and have had our Spyder (2010 RT) since Nov 2011. We are going to Spyderfest and have reservations at the Comfort Inn. We are going to trailer the Spyder to Springfield so we will see you there. I', sure it will be a lot of fun.

Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME

A big WELCOME Bws, Spyderfest is a blast! If your up to doing some rides this summer Gwen and I head towards lanesboro or redwing area and stop in faribault for breakfast on our way.

Happy trails

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bws View Post
    We haven't met before. I'm Bruce and my wife is Doreen. We live in Faribault and have had our Spyder (2010 RT) since Nov 2011. We are going to Spyderfest and have reservations at the Comfort Inn. We are going to trailer the Spyder to Springfield so we will see you there. I', sure it will be a lot of fun.
    Welcome !!! Great to meet ya Bruce & Doreen !! Hope to see you guys there !!
    Your gonna have to come up to Caswells in Mora for some of our rides.
    We all get together once a month. Its a lot of fun !!!

Tommy J.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post

Lori
    Check out www.fundarental.com and see if there is anything in your area for rent.
    2019 F3L , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soaring hawk View Post
    A big WELCOME Bws, Spyderfest is a blast! If your up to doing some rides this summer Gwen and I head towards lanesboro or redwing area and stop in faribault for breakfast on our way.

Happy trails
    Thanks.
    We think Spyderfest will be a lot of fun. We have through that area and it is beautiful country.
    It would be fun to ride together this summer. We really enjoy the drive along the Mississippi River and we have been to the Lanesboro area.
    it's just pretty rare to see another Spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome !!! Great to meet ya Bruce & Doreen !! Hope to see you guys there !!
    Your gonna have to come up to Caswells in Mora for some of our rides.
    We all get together once a month. Its a lot of fun !!!

Tommy J.
    Thanks, I saw posts on a couple of the Mora rides, but they hit on days where we couldn't go for the whole day. I'd like to go up there sometime.
    See you in Missouri.