Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Not really, spending time I don't have on things that don't need to be done. But I love charts and graphs. Something wrong with me, I know. And I love Spyderfest! I guess I just can't help myself sometimes.
    Ron, used to have to do those at work all the time do NOT miss making them, but do enjoy looking at yours. Thanks for the help.

SpyderLady

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

As you can see, there are some 'No Show' states. What's up with you guys!?

They're snowed in and not sure they will be able to get out in time!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1 View Post
    Many people travel with a handgun while riding their Spyders. As a former prosecutor, I would like to suggest a few things: first, YOU must check the laws of each state through which your are passing to determine the applicable gun laws. DO NOT RELY ON WHAT YOU READ ON THE INTERNET OR IN BOOKS THAT YOU HAVE NOT VERIFIED BY READING THE ACTUAL STATE LAWS. Every state publishes it gun laws on the internet. Laws pertaining to guns change rapidly; books most often are out of date; and many people posting on the internet don’t know what they are talking about or their information is simply old. YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO KNOW THE LAW – IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE. (You have probably heard that before and it is TRUE.)

Our group, 3 of whom have conceal and carry gun permits, will be going through 6 states on our way to Spyderfest. Each state has different gun laws. It has taken a day just finding out how to "stay legal" on our trip. For example, in one state we cannot conceal and carry and our state permits are not valid; but we can open carry a gun on our belt. The next state over permits conceal and carry with a permit from our home state but not open carry. Go figure.

In any event, don’t risk spoiling your trip and spending time in a local “pokey”. Do your homework. This is our first Spyderfest and we are looking forward to the folks and events.
    Very good point. I know from experience to be careful what you read about criminal law on the internet. A couple of years ago we took a trip to Broken Bow. I did some research on crossing/traveling on roadways on an ATV. Got the information straight from the state's penal code on their website. It said it was legal to operate on a public roadway as long as you were going from one trailhead to another. We drove directly across a roadway from one trail to another and a game warden was hiding in the bushes on the other side. He stopped us and broke out the ticketbook. I pulled up the information on my phone and showed it to him. He said the law had changed earlier that year and the state hadn't updated their website. He wrote us a warning but spent some time correcting some of the other information on the state's website. If you aren't absolutely sure, call the state police and verify.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gun owners in this Country have enough trouble without "shooting ourselves in the foot" by breaking a law that we may or may not have known about...
    Don't carry if you're not about a thousand percent sure that it's legal to do so!
    Don't give the gun grabbers any ammo for their arguments!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Here is the website I use = http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

you click first on your concealed carry for the state in which you live, then you click any concealed carry permits for states you are NOT a resident (ie. Florida or Utah are most common).

then it shows you what states honor your cc permit and which do NOT. the ones that do NOT you will need to see rules (such as can you carry in the same vehicle but unloaded? or in separate box gun from ammo?) or just not easily accessible like in frunk or side storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Gun owners in this Country have enough trouble without "shooting ourselves in the foot" by breaking a law that we may or may not have known about...
    Don't carry if you're not about a thousand percent sure that it's legal to do so!
    Don't give the gun grabbers any ammo for their arguments!
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for this information!
    But you still might want to be aware that changes in the regualations might not make it to the websites in a timely manner...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomerkc View Post
    Bob, if it's like last year, you can register when you get there. The only issue night be a hotel room in the vicinity of the group of hotels but there are several hotels in Springfield, MO. You can probably find a room at the last minute if necessary.

Jim
    And there are hundreds of room options in Branson, which is just 20+ miles south down 65.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! The luxury of some time for these "discussions" is quite valuable!

Spyder Garage

I would Love to attend an event BUT Because I just added the NEW RT to my garage and Now need to save a Decent amount of $$$ before I travel - I Can,t Make It , I won,t travel on a Credit Card?
    I hope to get to Lake George for a few days this summer and then "Go From There!!!"
    Last edited by Sarge707; 01-15-2013 at 12:33 PM.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I would Love to attend an event BUT Because I just added the NEW RT to my garage and Now need to save a Decent amount of $$$ before I travel - I Can,t Make It , I won,t travel on a Credit Card?
    I hope to get to Lake George for a few days this summer and then "Go From There!!!"
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest "The New Adventure" logo

SpyderLady, I see on the registration page last years Spyderfest 2012 logo. Is there a 2013 logo in the works?
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now THAT'S my kind of thinking!

pitbull

Lots of stuff happened at once to us this year. So we are working hard to get all the t's crossed and I's dotted but rest assured the Mogang always gets it done and things come together, mean while we are working hard to get the new toy box open and ready to play with you at PITBULL POWERSPORTS.... Time is running!!

Spyder Garage

When will we expect to see a schedule of events?
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    SpyderLady, I see on the registration page last years Spyderfest 2012 logo. Is there a 2013 logo in the works?
    ive been wondering the same thing. They'll prolly get a new one on the T-shirts. (I hope.)
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    When will we expect to see a schedule of events?
    Pit will be leaked here and there but be fully posted after the February meeting on the second at PITBULL POWERSPORTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxntrk View Post
    ive been wondering the same thing. They'll prolly get a new one on the T-shirts. (I hope.)
    Yes new logo will be out in just a few days or hours, working hard to get it right, wanting it sooner than later! And yes it will be on t-shirts, caps, stickers, hoodies, bandanas, and even underwear...... Under what?!?!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Yes new logo will be out in just a few days or hours, working hard to get it right, wanting it sooner than later! And yes it will be on t-shirts, caps, stickers, hoodies, bandanas, and even underwear...... Under what?!?!
    Under there!!!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Pit will be leaked here and there but be fully posted after the February meeting on the second at PITBULL POWERSPORTS.

Who's going to see it there?

Spyder Garage

Default OFFICIAL SPYDERFEST 2013 REGISTRATION April 24-28, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    Absolutely. We are working hard to get 2013 logos ready, get schedule of events tied down, etc. Lots to do in a short timeframe, but it will all be done. Please be patient with us, it will be worth it!

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

On the outside chance that I can pull off a miracle here; what sort of deadline do we have as far as registering for this shindig?
    The Missus was feeling better since it appears that there's a caravan heading SouthWest from up here...
    Now i've got to work on the whole "time out of the office" part of the deal...
    Bob,

You realize if you make the trip to Spyderfest you will have to accelerate the posting frequency to keep post count ahead of miles on spyder!!

Seriously, im sure im not alone in saying that it would be nice to put a face with those smoking fingers.
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Who's going to see it there?
    Don't ask. Don't tell!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Guys!
    It looks as if the negotiations are getting to a serious point...
    The Missus has asked me just how much money I'd need for this trip... I haven't a clue what to tell her!
    Can anybody help me out with an idea as to what the typical costs are? I eat and sleep pretty darn cheap, and I can hide any farkles on the credit cards...
    I've even got fuel covered!
    Any adivce or hints would be most helpful!

Spyder Garage

Hi Guys!
    The Missus has asked me just how much money I'd need for this trip... I haven't a clue what to tell her!
    Can anybody help me out with an idea as to what the typical costs are? I eat and sleep pretty darn cheap, and I can hide any farkles on the credit cards...

Spyder Garage

if you had any items you wanted from Spyderpops now is the time to go there and you can have them installed while you wait (umm shop) ..
    save you on shipping and you get it installed too for a good price ;-)

figure gas, tolls, plus a lot of meals are part of the spyderfest package.
    that leaves meals down and back (mostly fast food probably) and your hotel on way down and back plus there .. I recommend you decide early so you get a room in the main complex of hotels and NOT have to drive back to your room after hanging out with everyone ... much much better to be in the thick of the group...

plus a few bucks for what ever charity event they are running (len supports local charity usually)

plus oil change after you get back ... you will put on about 3k miles round trip plus riding around hopefully..

dont forget to pack rain gear (unfortunately it does rain that time of year) ... plus a few heat packs if you get caught in rain late in day with wind can get cold on ride in...

Hi Guys!
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Post Costs????????????

Hi Guys!

Bob

Just put it on your credit card and that way there will be no cost..................................TILL YOU GET HOME.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer