Spyder Garage

Default Would not have my light mods......

Thanks so much to Kevin Story. He spent all day yesterday tearing into my bike to put on fender lights, the side LEDs and the mud flap LEDs. We have to wait on a few parts that need to come in due to damage during shipping. I did not know we had only 24 hrs to report damage so the vendor could file a claim against the delivering company. The lights were a Christmas gift so they were not opened until yesterday for installing. Needless to say the lights have become very expensive as I had to pay for the lights that were broken and the replacements since we did not report damage within 24 hours. So moral of this story is.....even if you buy something as a present....open and check all parts as soon as you get them or you will be paying for them twiceImageUploadedByTapatalk1356822528.469602.jpg

SpyderLady

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Thanks so much to Kevin Story. He spent all day yesterday tearing into my bike to put on fender lights, the side LEDs and the mud flap LEDs. We have to wait on a few parts that need to come in due to damage during shipping. I did not know we had only 24 hrs to report damage so the vendor could file a claim against the delivering company. The lights were a Christmas gift so they were not opened until yesterday for installing. Needless to say the lights have become very expensive as I had to pay for the lights that were broken and the replacements since we did not report damage within 24 hours. So moral of this story is.....even if you buy something as a present....open and check all parts as soon as you get them or you will be paying for them twiceImageUploadedByTapatalk1356822528.469602.jpg
    Either that or use a different vender, unless there was obvious damage when received. If I buy something, and the box does not show any damage then that means poor packing on the shippers part. If the package looks good I would assume that the product is not damaged also. Sorry that you got took from the vender.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    Either that or use a different vender, unless there was obvious damage when received. If I buy something, and the box does not show any damage then that means poor packing on the shippers part. If the package looks good I would assume that the product is not damaged also. Sorry that you got took from the vender.
    I agree!
    Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

IMO file a claim with the vendor you should not have to pay twice for the fault of someone else.

Spyder Garage

Default Would not have my light mods......

Quote Originally Posted by mcaccamise View Post
    IMO file a claim with the vendor you should not have to pay twice for the fault of someone else.
    Trust me we tried. Had to call them back 3 times as we kept finding broken parts. They did replace one for free, but on the other two parts not so lucky. All they would do is give e 20% discount and it was still expensive. The vendor is a Spyderlovers sponsor

SpyderLady

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Trust me we tried. Had to call them back 3 times as we kept finding broken parts. They did replace one for free, but on the other two parts not so lucky. All they would do is give e 20% discount and it was still expensive. The vendor is a Spyderlovers sponsor
    Sounds like you tried to give this vender a chance to make it right, and they did not. Who is the vender, so we don't make the same mistake?

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

I was not going to mention the vendor unless asked, well I was asked. It was Custom Dynamics. Needless to say not cheap when bought and definitely not after having to pay for it a second time.

SpyderLady

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Oh no, that stinks. Hopefully since they are a vendor here they will make it right. I agree though, spill the beans on who it was so we don't have the same problem. I still have lots of lights to order. And what an awesome friend. He want to take a trip to GA to do some more? lol

Spyder Garage

Once again i must brag about Tricled Reggy is great. i was installing some of his LEDs on Thanksgiving an had a prob ( my falt) so i e-mailed him an within 2 hrs he responded!! an he helped me with the lights he did NOT have to do that or even check his mail on that day but he did an i was so thankfull. i had later ordered some other leds an after install some in the middle of the strip were out?? so i sent him a pic an asked if i could have broke them cause it was n a bend. He said he didnt know if i had done it but he sent me a new 1 to replace it an i didnt ask for him to do so. I have never had service like that anywhere
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was not going to mention the vendor unless asked, well I was asked. It was Custom Dynamics. Needless to say not cheap when bought and definitely not after having to pay for it a second time.
    Wow, I had purchased from Custom Dynamics for lights on my RS before I traded up. When one of those deliveries came in the box was a little crunched, but due to the loose packing there was no damage to the contents. Of course in that case there was no need for tight packing. I will remember this if I ever decide to light up my RT, but for right now I don't plan on it.

Also, if you ever buy LED lighting again. To check that it works before installation, or when it arrives. Hold the wires up to a 9-volt battery. The LED's will light up.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all. I did get some of the lights from Reggie and would have preferred to get all of them from him, but what I needed he did not make. Kevin knows what he is doing and we checked each set of lights with a battery before installation. That is how we found the issues. It is what it is and I will not buy lights from any one other than Reggie. They don't come any better than him. He actually included LED bulbs for my front light. I order the fender lights from him and they are great.

SpyderLady

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Tomite, I would love to help you... if you were just a wee bit closer to me.

Blue Star, I use a 12v cycle battery to check all lights before tearing the bike apart. That's how we noticed that the Brightsides and one of the mudflap lights were damaged. Last year I purchased Brightsides from CD and they were delivered in perfect shape. After installing them and turning on the lights, I noticed that one row of LED's was defective. I contacted CD and they promptly replaced it since it was an internal flaw on their part.

I also have nothing but praise for Reggy at TricLED. He's going to be getting some more of my $$$ again soon, LOL.

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by kevorama; 12-30-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well don't this just knock your hat in the creek! They've always had a pretty good reputation in here; I'd hate to see them slip. Lamont mentioned that they've been moving into a new location; perhaps that has been keeping them a bit too busy to keep an eye on things?
    I really hope that they can find a way to make all of this right for you! Please keep us informed as to your progress; I'm sorry to hear that you've got this issue. Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have great news to share. Dave at Custom Dynamics heard of my issue. My issue has been resolved, they will be replacing the defective lights at no charge to me. Thank you Dave.

SpyderLady

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have great news to share. Dave at Custom Dynamics heard of my issue. My issue has been resolved, they will be replacing the defective lights at no charge to me. Thank you Dave.
    That is good news, and I am happy for you.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold