Thread: elka shock ?

Spyder Garage

Default elka shock ?

Im looking to finally upgrade the stock shocks on my 08 GS to elkas. I found a pretty good deal on some stage 2s front and rear but there listed for a 2010-2012 RT. My question is, is there really a difference in elka shock length for the 08 GS/RS vs. the 10-12 RT? I remember alot of people where changing the stock RS shocks for stock RTs and they worked fine.

Would these shocks fit my 08 GS front and back?
    Last edited by D-Nice; 12-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Two Bros Duel Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Evo Sway Bar, Carbon Fiber Sport Screen, Mono Seat Cowl, H.I.D. Headlights, Missing Arm Dam & Belt Guard, MMG 29 Tooth Front Sprocket, Power Commander V with LCD and Wide Band 2 Auto Tuner, NGK Iridium Plugs, 17" After Market Wheels with Yokohama S.drive Tires with Custom 5 lug Adapters, Scorpio Alarm, Kewl Metal Performance Air Filter with MMG cold air intake, Swing Arm Tag Plate, No Fenders at ALL!!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Look on the elka site and you will find the correct shocks for the rs gs with decription size to match up to the rt shocks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Elkas for an RT are gonna be set up way to stiff for your application.
    You can often find a nice improvement with OEM RT shocks only because they're a bit too soft to begin with...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

As far as your front shocks go, you might be very happy with a set of RT shocks, particularly 2011/12. If you usually ride 2 up, a rear Elka will make a world of difference. After adding on saddlebags, rear trunk, etc I was often hitting the tire when we hit bumps...never happened once we changed to a rear Elka. If you don't have BajaRon's sway bar you might want to spend your $ there rather than on the front Elkas.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Default Re: elka shock ?

Thanks for all the help fellas. I got a hold of Len from Cow town he hooked me up with some elka stage 1way +s only problem is they wont be tested till spring but im sure it will be worth the wait.
    Two Bros Duel Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Evo Sway Bar, Carbon Fiber Sport Screen, Mono Seat Cowl, H.I.D. Headlights, Missing Arm Dam & Belt Guard, MMG 29 Tooth Front Sprocket, Power Commander V with LCD and Wide Band 2 Auto Tuner, NGK Iridium Plugs, 17" After Market Wheels with Yokohama S.drive Tires with Custom 5 lug Adapters, Scorpio Alarm, Kewl Metal Performance Air Filter with MMG cold air intake, Swing Arm Tag Plate, No Fenders at ALL!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It will...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black