Thread: 2008 SE5 Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2008 SE5 Mods

Hello All,

I am new to this forum; I currently own a 2008 Can Am Spyder SE5 which I inherited from my brother who passed away in an accident in May of this year. Other than his fast cars he loved this bike because it was different from his GSX R 1000. My brother did various mods to the bike and i would like to share.

The stock wheels were swapped out for these custom made for the bike 17" polished wheels and custom sprocket to match wheels wrapped in 205 40 17 Nexxen tires, he also added the Two Brothers polished exhaust alomg with the Juice Box. The fenders were deleted due to the tire size; however white LED clearance lights were added for safety, white LED lighting was also added in the front rims, tail section and rear rim.Beneath the front LED clearance lights are amber LED's which are for the turn signals, hazard and reverse lights.

All decals were deleted for a clean look; the best feature of all is the sound system, the bike sports a 10" Lanzar subwoofer, Massive equalizer, Massive amplifier, farad capacitor, 6 4" Kicker speakers along the sides of the bike (3 on each side, front, center, rear) there is also a PA hidden in the front. Music is played through an iPod Nano velcro'd to the dash. The sound system will be redone in a fiberglass enclosure for a cleaner look.

The bike only has 6,000 miles; gets alot of looks at night when it is lit up and also during the day.

IMG240.jpgIMG241.jpgIMG242.jpgIMG239.jpg

IMG237.jpg

I hope you all enjoy the pics!

Sean
    Last edited by H8TKTZ; 12-27-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default hey sean

welcome to the site. sorry to hear about your brother, but i think it's great that you honor him by keeping and ryding his spyder. he obviously loved it. sounds like you love it too. those wheels and lights look very cool could you post some pics of your speaker locations?
    Last edited by coz; 12-27-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default best of luck with it

well ride it in style as your brother did and best of luck with it enjoy everything about it he did incredable mods to it wow wee and be safe

Spyder Garage

Here are some pictures of what I did with my 2008. Maybe they will give you some additional ideas.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-27-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    welcome to the site. sorry to hear about your brother, but i think it's great that you honor him by keeping and ryding his spyder. he obviously loved it. sounds like you love it too. those wheels and lights look very cool could you post some pics of your speaker locations?
    Thank you for the compliments I just gave it an il change and should have taken pics since the plastics were removed. I will do so on the next change!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderpoop View Post
    well ride it in style as your brother did and best of luck with it enjoy everything about it he did incredable mods to it wow wee and be safe

Thank you and I will!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Here are some pictures of what I did with my 2008. Maybe they will give you some additional ideas.

I love the piece in front of the wind screen! Thank you for sharing I love your bike!