GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spidergirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Need info on Ontario driving test

Has anyone taken their test for Ontario with their se spyder and if so what is it like?

Spyder Garage

Default Ontario Motorcycle Licence

Assuming you do not have any Ontario motorcycle licence you will have to go through the Ontario graduated licencing system.

M1 - valid for 90 days Max. Written exam then a Road test gets you an M2
    M2 - valid for a minimum of 18 months (you cannot get the full M licence for at least 18 months). Road Test gets you a M licence.
    M - Road Test = Full Licence.

If you take any of the Road Tests on your Spyder you will receive an 'M' endorsement, restricting you to 3-wheels.
    Ontario - What's a threewheeled motorcycle

There are driving restrictions on the M1 & M2 licences.
    More information on the MTO site here ..... Ontario - Get a Motorcycle Licence

Pick up the "MTO Motorcycle Handbook" so you can study over the winter. You will also need the "MTO Drivers Handbook" so get one of those too. When you go in to write your M1 test you will have to write a motorcycle exam AND the G1 car exam. Yes that's the same one the 15/16 year olds will be writing for their car driving.

The "M" Road test is the same regardless of a two or three wheel motorcycle.

I would recommend you take a motorcycle course on a supplied two-wheel motorcycle. Most training facilities have them. One evening of in-class and two days of riding on a controlled course. On the second day of riding they test you and you will receive your M2. The information you will receive over those two days will forever help you to be a better/safer rider. Georgian College in Barrie is now offering a Spyder specific course but I have no info on that.

Good luck, you will enjoy your Spyder.
    John
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default MTO Test for Spyder in Ontario

Hi,

New rider here & am booking my M2 limited test at MTO. Anyone done it and know what is involved in test? Can't do the 2-wheel thing, but love the 3-wheel!
    If anyone has done it and give me a heads up, would be appreciated.

Thanks!