Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They've actually got this liquid that they can put down on the roads in preparation for a storm... It makes just as big a mess, but without the mud!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Teddy & I would like to say Congrats on the new ryde & Welcome to the SpyderHood

1st off &

Have to admit, we've been avoiding reading most of the posts about ppl getting the new STs, as we don't want to be tempted by something we can't financially afford but now that we got most of our mods done on Teds Red Sled & got to take it for a test ryde this past weekend, no worries about that now We're very happy campers with what we have & can now openly welcome all you soon to be Spyder Addicts. In case no one has clued you in yet, the purchase price of the Spyder is really just the down payment on all the mods your going to make to truly make it yours Enjoy the addiction, cause once your bitten, there's no cure nor 12 step program

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave,
    That's a good point! Some of us have invested so heavily in "perfecting" our Already-Perfect Spyders, that trading them off would be like parting with a very dear friend...
    I really like the 2013s. I know that the improvements are real; but I just can't pull the trigger!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    1st off &

Have to admit, we've been avoiding reading most of the posts about ppl getting the new STs, as we don't want to be tempted by something we can't financially afford but now that we got most of our mods done on Teds Red Sled & got to take it for a test ryde this past weekend, no worries about that now We're very happy campers with what we have & can now openly welcome all you soon to be Spyder Addicts. In case no one has clued you in yet, the purchase price of the Spyder is really just the down payment on all the mods your going to make to truly make it yours Enjoy the addiction, cause once your bitten, there's no cure nor 12 step program

Dave,

That "canopy" you have over Ted is insane!!! Is that just for sun or? Does it keep him dry in the rain?

Yeah, also how do you like your camper setup? Have you seen a Sarasota Siesta? http://www.sarasotatrailers.com/uplo...%20Page(2).pdf

What do you think? I am thinking about eventually getting one of those (in 1-2 years) Do you think the Spyder is stabil and strong enough to tow it? I would probably have to get them to paint it yellow to match my Spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Got the VIN!!! It's being shipped to dealer!!!

Got the VIN!!! It's being shipped to dealer!!!

They expect it in early next week the latest. Hopefully they can add my mods and maybe I can be lucky and pick it up next weekend???

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

GREAT news!!
    So what's on your "Farkle List" so far?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    GREAT news!!
    So what's on your "Farkle List" so far?
    Dealer is installing on my Yellow STS Manual :

Fog lights, AM / FM Integrated Radio, iPod integration cable, GPS Nav with adjustable bracket, lower wind deflectors in clear, front cargo power outlet kit (if I remember correctly that I asked for it), heated driver grips.

I plan on ordering soon: belt guard(dealer stated they've had no one with any belt issues yet???), skid plate(is it necessary?), NBV mount with some black kury pegs probably.

I'm hoping Corbin gets the bags and trunk ready soon for someone as I'm hoping they are ready for Laconia. As I am going to call them once I take ownership and see where they are with it. I'd prefer if they install the bags and trunk at Laconia while I am there.

Other than that I have a Utopia backrest(from my Victory that I want to use) already, unfortunately Bob doesn't know which bracket (RS may or may not work) will work for the ST and needs someone's seat.

Also If the stock windshield doesn't work then I'll order a CalSci wide ST shield in Large.

If the Stock seat doesn't work for me I'm not 100% sure yet but I'm torn between the corbin and ultimate. Leaning towards the ultimate. However the Stock Victory seat worked for me, so this one might as well. I do wish it had a fuel door though in the seat.
    Last edited by Bryk; 03-14-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Meant CalSci not Corbin for windshield

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that BRP also offers a larger windshield as well...
    Can't wait to see some pictures of it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I think that BRP also offers a larger windshield as well...
    Can't wait to see some pictures of it!
    Edited above post, I meant CalSci.

Until I get a CalSci that doesn't work as they do, I'll stand by their products.

Too much worrying about the Corbin bags and trunk on my mind.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know that there have been a couple of skirmishes in here over CalSci's windshields...
    I kind of like them; but since I also like BRP's offerings, I'll "dance with the girl that I brought to the party!"

Spyder Garage

Default Yellow STS ordered!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryk;

Other than that I have a Utopia backrest(from my Victory that I want to use) already, unfortunately Bob doesn't know which bracket (RS may or may not work) will work for the ST and needs someone's seat.
    Bob has my STS seat now
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydr in KS View Post
    Bob has my STS seat now
    Excellent!

Well my bike was put together last night, and I went in and got all the paperwork done. They are doing the pre inspection and I am going back shortly to drive it home!!!!

Woo hoo!!!

They don't have all the accessories in yet so they will put them on when I bring it in for the first service.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

First pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bryk View Post
    Is the ST seat the same as the RS seat? I am just wondering since I need a mounting bracket for my utopia backrest, and they aren't 100% sure which will work (or if they need a new one) for the ST.

In the accessory catalog the "Comfort seat" looks to be the same part for both the RS and ST, but are the stock seats the same?

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I'm not the expert here...but I have been told that the Corbin off my 2009 RS will fit on the ST....I think the seat connects the same...but the new ST seat is different from the 2009 RS stock seat....just my opinion...the new seat is not as sturdy as the 2009 RS stock seat...but others have reported that it is more comfortable...so I really did not answer your question....maybe Lamont can
    The seat pan is the same so any aftermarket seat for a GS/RS should fit the ST without a problem. It's the seat pan that determines whether it fits, not the contour, foam or cover on the top.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/..._/Comfort_Seat

Note the following:

DESCRIPTION
    Spyder RS, ST 2013 and prior

Des @ Ultimate confirmed it and I have taken a good look at the seat and it's the same. I'll have a picture of the Ultimate off our GS installed on an ST-S next weekend

Spyder Garage

on your new STS. With all the farkles that you will have on your bike this will give you a reason to ride farther. But remember, if the LD(long distance) bug bites you there is no cure (I know). Never knew I would be riding as far as I do. Hope to meet you at one of BRP functions some day. Have a great one! Ride Safe & Long!

Spyder Garage

We love that color

For us we wanted a Limited and sadly they are not offered in yellow. We pick ours up yesterday and while waiting to do the paperwork we were looking at the yellow one on the showroom floor and my wife said "I still like the yellow color the best"

Congrats on yours
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lookin' GREAT!!
    Isn't fun to be sporting a smile that large again?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes, it is.

I just noticed that Cal Sci isn't listing the extra wide version anymore on the ST page. I just sent an email. I was really hoping for an extra wide large.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes, it is.

I just noticed that Cal Sci isn't listing the extra wide version anymore on the ST page. I just sent an email. I was really hoping for an extra wide large.
    They responded and thanked me for informing them. Their site had an issue, I'm guessing it was using an old (2012) version of the ST page.

Their ST page is back to normal now.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not sure on the arrival date yet, but it is ordered, most of the paperwork done. Got the GPS, adjustable mount, lower wind deflectors, am/fm radio + speakers, ipod integration, heated grips, fog lights. Holding off on hitch and windshield for now (going to see how well the stock shield works) and I don't have a trailer yet.

I think I may end up getting a Sarasota Siesta eventually.

Does anyone know if the GPS links up via bluetooth to the speakers, or how does it work? Does it give directions through the speakers? Does it speak over the music? (Is any extra part needed for it to do that?)
    I have my GPS paired with my sena headset. Congrats on the new ride!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze