Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Yellow STS ordered!!!

Not sure on the arrival date yet, but it is ordered, most of the paperwork done. Got the GPS, adjustable mount, lower wind deflectors, am/fm radio + speakers, ipod integration, heated grips, fog lights. Holding off on hitch and windshield for now (going to see how well the stock shield works) and I don't have a trailer yet.

I think I may end up getting a Sarasota Siesta eventually.

Does anyone know if the GPS links up via bluetooth to the speakers, or how does it work? Does it give directions through the speakers? Does it speak over the music? (Is any extra part needed for it to do that?)
    Last edited by Bryk; 12-22-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: forgot an accessory

Spyder Garage

Very nice choice. That's my favorite color. I would recommend holding off on accessories until you have some good seat time on the STS. With the improvments they have talked about, it may be almost perfect out of the box.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The GPS should connect with the bikes radio and the voice guidance will come thru the speakers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're gonna be so busy doing the "Happy Dance", that you'll need to remember to actually ride the bike also!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You're gonna be so busy doing the "Happy Dance", that you'll need to remember to actually ride the bike also!
    Well I was thinking of waiting until the Spring, but there wasn't anything to gain by waiting, and there were only so many "I got my ST!!!", that I could take.

Thank you can-am sam!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

YOu're gonna have to hook up with Randy (Arntufun); he's got the Capital District roads sorted out and can point you in the right directions.
    I'm about a 100 miles or so South** of you; but I'd suggest popping across the border towards Pittsfield and Lee, Ma. for some nice scenery and roads.

** Thruway south to 19; then take 209 South to Napanoch, and then 55West...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Nice! Yeah, I've been riding for 5 years now, just new to the . I'll have to meet up with you guys sometime.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll be looking forward to it!
    Dannymax is just a bit South of you; he's another rider to pull into the mix when a ride breaks out...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Is the ST seat the same as the RS seat?

Is the ST seat the same as the RS seat? I am just wondering since I need a mounting bracket for my utopia backrest, and they aren't 100% sure which will work (or if they need a new one) for the ST.

In the accessory catalog the "Comfort seat" looks to be the same part for both the RS and ST, but are the stock seats the same?

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just got a call today, not coming until March. Not a big deal for me I guess.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well on the bright side; that gives you lots more time for farkle-hunting!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well on the bright side; that gives you lots more time for farkle-hunting!
    I don't know, I think my farkle list is nearly complete. It just has 15-20 things on it. That's all.

I know that's never true for you from what I read around here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bryk View Post
    Just got a call today, not coming until March. Not a big deal for me I guess.
    Bummer, there seems to be a yellow STS on lots of dealer floors...
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydr in KS View Post
    Bummer, there seems to be a yellow STS on lots of dealer floors...
    But how many of them are manual? I'm guessing that's the issue.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is the ST seat the same as the RS seat? I am just wondering since I need a mounting bracket for my utopia backrest, and they aren't 100% sure which will work (or if they need a new one) for the ST.

In the accessory catalog the "Comfort seat" looks to be the same part for both the RS and ST, but are the stock seats the same?

Thank you!
    I'm not the expert here...but I have been told that the Corbin off my 2009 RS will fit on the ST....I think the seat connects the same...but the new ST seat is different from the 2009 RS stock seat....just my opinion...the new seat is not as sturdy as the 2009 RS stock seat...but others have reported that it is more comfortable...so I really did not answer your question....maybe Lamont can

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

But how many of them are manual? I'm guessing that's the issue.

Ah, good point

Spyder Garage

Thank you!
    Don't know if the seat pan is the same, but the seats are not the same. From a post by :amont:

"The Sport Touring seat has been redesigned for both aggressive cornering and long distance travel. The saddle has different foam density in key areas to achieve this. In other words this is not the same foam density through out the seat like most seats."

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post523237

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydr in KS View Post
    Ah, good point
    The bigger issue is that Corbin is now listing their 2013 rally schedule and they are not going to be at Americade. So, now I'm left either installing the Corbin bags and trunk myself, or perhaps having to ride to the Laconia NH rally for the free install.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not sure on the arrival date yet, but it is ordered, most of the paperwork done. Got the GPS, adjustable mount, lower wind deflectors, am/fm radio + speakers, ipod integration, heated grips, fog lights. Holding off on hitch and windshield for now (going to see how well the stock shield works) and I don't have a trailer yet.

I think I may end up getting a Sarasota Siesta eventually.

Does anyone know if the GPS links up via bluetooth to the speakers, or how does it work? Does it give directions through the speakers? Does it speak over the music? (Is any extra part needed for it to do that?)
    Nice, that sounds like the bike I want minus one thing ....... I gots ta have the PITBULL performance edition!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know, I think my farkle list is nearly complete. It just has 15-20 things on it. I know that's never true for you from what I read around here.

Farkleosis is a disease for which the only know cures are either bankruptcy, or death at the hands of an enraged spouse!

Your list ewill grow!

Spyder Garage

Default Hello bryk

Congrats man, sorry to hear you have to wait till March man. Ill get some miles in for you while you wait. if you go to can-am and down load the owners manual to figure some things out that might help some and answer some of your points. I love my ST LIMITED, not riding a lot here do to the rain . suxs really !! Just wanted to say CONGRATS again !!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wildtexasrangr View Post
    Congrats man, sorry to hear you have to wait till March man. Ill get some miles in for you while you wait. if you go to can-am and down load the owners manual to figure some things out that might help some and answer some of your points. I love my ST LIMITED, not riding a lot here do to the rain . suxs really !! Just wanted to say CONGRATS again !!!
    Ride it and enjoy it! The weather today and tomorrow I'd ride in, but I wouldn't want to get salt on it here. I'd ride in the rain

Good news, someone may already be interested in my Victory Cross Country Tour, it is a great bike indeed. I spoke with the guy today after the dealer asked if I minded answering a few of his questions. Not at all. It was nice. I loved that bike, but this bike, wow I can't wait. The cold weather does make it somewhat easier to manage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

March is only about a month and a half away anyway now!
    Do they spray that stuff on the roads up by you, or is it strictly a rock salt diet for the vehicles??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

March is only about a month and a half away anyway now!
    Do they spray that stuff on the roads up by you, or is it strictly a rock salt diet for the vehicles??
    Seems mostly salt. What is the spray stuff? I'm not sure if I have seen a spray done before.