I bought my new 2012 RT-S SE5 about 2 weeks ago from a dealer in Kodak, TN. I tried to buy one from Big Number 1 in Birmingham but they weren't very willing to negotiate plus they bluntly informed me that if I bought a Spyder somewhere else, that I would be treated as a second class customer if I tried to bring it to them for service. No worries Big Number 1, I will never darken yours doors ever again.

Big Number 1 is 49 miles from where I live. Motorsports Superstore in Hamilton, AL is 118 miles from where I live. After Big #1 quoted a price of $408 plus fees plus tax for the 600 mile service on my Spyder, I called Motorsports Superstore and they said it would be about $200 plus tax. I made an appointment for 9 am this morning. I got up at 5:30am this morning, had breakfast, dressed warm, donned my gear and rode 2 hours in 37 degree foggy weather to Hamilton, AL. I pulled into the parking lot with 618 miles on the odometer. Once inside, Chet in the service department took my Spyder right in. He never asked where I bought it, only verified what all I wanted done and/or looked at.

I explained that I needed the 600 mile service, that I wanted the new longer transmission filter, that I wanted the new access cover, that I had an issue every now and then with the bike dying at idle and did he know anything about disconnecting the analog gauges so the digital ones would show up on the computer display. He said "no problem" and I was directed to a waiting room. 2 hours later, Chet pulls my bike up front and tells me it is ready to go.

He said they did the 600 mile service and installed the new, longer filter. They found that the dipstick cap wasn't threaded quite right from the factory and that he would be ordering a new oil tank and dipstick to be put on in the future at no cost to me. He removed the original access cover and replaced it with the new kind and asked if I wanted the old one. I said yes, but it was too big for me to carry on the bike so they offered to ship it to me for just the cost of postage (which was $9.95). Awesome! They disconnected the analog gauges for me and reset the computer, to update the display and to address the random stalling at idle issue. I bought an extra quart of oil, just in case I ever need to add any. My out-the-door price for my visit was $236.70.

I thanked them for how well they treated me and they would certainly be seeing me again for any future service and/or purchases. Thankfully, my next service trip will be when the weather is warmer!

Motorsports Superstore, you have my thanks and with that comes my dollars.