Thread: F3 Bad Attitude

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Bad Attitude

These things are beginning to grow on me, thanks BRP!!
    & Google Translate is often brutal...

A new Can-Am Spyder was spotted at a promotional shoot, and obviously, Bombardier decided to put his three-wheeled large displacement sauce bad boy.
    F3 EFI - it's affixed to its side flanks logo - should logically give up the twin Rotax to adopt the new 3-cylinder ACE 1330 cm3 developing 115 hp and a torque of 13 daNm already seen on the Spyder RT in 2014 . brakes supplied by Brembo seem, and exhaust should be a co Akrapovic, as announced last year.

Spyder way power cruiser
    For the rest, we discover that much more angular lines on the version RS , with an aggressive grille, hit a red S, a completely new look, a saddle more "moto" than before and a driving position typical custom .
    We hope to see land the Cam-Am Spyder F3 at the shows of the season, probably in late September at the Intermot Cologne: until then, stay tuned!

Can anyone here translate this correctly?
    Un nouveau Can-Am Spyder a été repéré lors d'un shooting promotionnel, et visiblement, Bombardier a décidé de mettre son 3-roues de grosse cylindrée à la sauce bad boy.
    Le F3 EFI - c'est le logo apposé sur ses flancs latéraux - devrait logiquement abandonner le bicylindre Rotax pour adopter le nouveau 3 cylindres ACE de 1 330 cm3 développant 115 ch et un couple de 13 daN.m, déjà vu sur le Spyder RT 2014. Les freins semblent fournis par Brembo, et l'échappement devrait être une coproduction Akrapovic, comme annoncé l'an dernier.

Un Spyder façon power cruiser
    Pour le reste, on découvre des lignes bien plus anguleuses que sur la version RS, avec une calandre agressive, frappée d'un S rouge, un habillage entièrement nouveau, une selle plus "moto" qu'auparavant et une position de conduite typée custom.
    On espère voir débarquer le Cam-Am Spyder F3 lors des salons de la rentrée, probablement fin septembre à l'Intermot de Cologne : d'ici là, restez connectés !

Chas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChasCS; 08-30-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

Looks weird and bulky in pics, have to see it in person.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that the question might need to be,
    "Will this model bring new folks to the brand, or will it cause converts, within the ranks?"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I guess that the question might need to be,
    "Will this model bring new folks to the brand, or will it cause converts, within the ranks?"
    My prediction is that there will be some converts from the RS and ST ranks, but mostly it will bring in new customers, which of course is what BRP is hoping for. I think it will appeal to the younger buyers who have not seriously look at Spyders before. A lot of that will depend on the pricing and the trim packages.

The new riding position looks extremely comfortable, and it's cool. I'll bet it won't be long before some third-party supplier comes out with some raked in monkey bars for it. It may even be Lamonster who does that.
    Last edited by robmorg; 08-30-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope that you're right, because that's exactly what I'm hoping too!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

That orange/black machine caught my eye! Reminds me of my first NEW car, a '70 Plymouth Cuda! But I am trying not to get too excited until I know specifics. I was the first on the block to have a new 2013 RTL and look where that got me! Here's hoping for some good reports!

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    The new riding position looks extremely comfortable, and it's cool. I'll bet it won't be long before some third-party supplier comes out with some raked in monkey bars for it. It may even be Lamonster who does that.
    Now, there's where I disagree, that position looks contorted and agonising to me. Clearly, each to their own!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    Now, there's where I disagree, that position looks contorted and agonising to me. Clearly, each to their own!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    How can upright with leg/feet spread out on foot pegs (probably adjustable) look uncomfortable.. Its the classic motorcycle stance for highway riding... i.e. cruising It is a stance that folks with RS s have paid a fortune in mods trying to create
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    Yep, to each his own. When I visited Scotland several years ago, I noticed that there were not a lot of cruisers over there but tons of sports bikes everywhere. So I can understand why you feel that way. I visited a huge motorcycle shop in Edinburgh and it was all sports riding gear. Far different than what I was used to seeing in the US. I bought a pair of quality gloves and still use them all the time.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I like the F3. Those look like the same pictures and people from the first thread that showed about 17 pictures or so.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Only so many pics to go around

I never said the pictures I posted, were new to you. They were only ones I included for emphasis.
    But if you have some better ones, please post them up, ok? Awesome. Hahaha
    Your opinions do count, thanks for sharing...
    I hunted for several hours to find better ones for you, but they are rather rare...

Chas

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
    I never said the pictures I posted, were new to you. They were only ones I included for emphasis.
    But if you have some better ones, please post them up, ok? Awesome. Hahaha
    Your opinions do count, thanks for sharing...
    I hunted for several hours to find better ones for you, but they are rather rare...

Chas
    Posted by Baja Ron 8/18/14

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/al...ery-85370.html

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Seeing will be believing, for most

BRP have only released one actual pic, that I know of.

Looking forward to seeing the new and improved Spyder beast in person.

They will be a great new addition to the already popular previous models.

Chas

Spyder Garage

BRP have only released one actual pic, that I know of.

Looking forward to seeing the new and improved Spyder beast in person.

They will be a great new addition to the already popular previous models.

Chas
    Yep: BRP has been very tight lipped and just posted "teaser" stuff. The album came from spy photos sources. The BRP stuff seems to be "damage control" if the photos were actually spy photos. Or--It may represent "shrewd marketing" to steal some of the thunder from the Slingshot. It's open to speculation. The proof will be in the pudding when the actual public can get some hands on at events or dealers showrooms.

The pot has been stirred and there is a lot of interest out there.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-31-2014 at 12:29 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Are we still being teased?

I got to looking at the pictures again. In the one with black and white panels, it looks to me like there is something more under the white panels. Am I dreaming?

Spyder Garage

Can anyone here translate this correctly?
    Un nouveau Can-Am Spyder a été repéré lors d'un shooting promotionnel, et visiblement, Bombardier a décidé de mettre son 3-roues de grosse cylindrée à la sauce bad boy.
    Le F3 EFI - c'est le logo apposé sur ses flancs latéraux - devrait logiquement abandonner le bicylindre Rotax pour adopter le nouveau 3 cylindres ACE de 1 330 cm3 développant 115 ch et un couple de 13 daN.m, déjà vu sur le Spyder RT 2014. Les freins semblent fournis par Brembo, et l'échappement devrait être une coproduction Akrapovic, comme annoncé l'an dernier.

Un Spyder façon power cruiser
    Pour le reste, on découvre des lignes bien plus anguleuses que sur la version RS, avec une calandre agressive, frappée d'un S rouge, un habillage entièrement nouveau, une selle plus "moto" qu'auparavant et une position de conduite typée custom.
    On espère voir débarquer le Cam-Am Spyder F3 lors des salons de la rentrée, probablement fin septembre à l'Intermot de Cologne : d'ici là, restez connectés !

Chas
    Here's my best effort:

A new Can-Am Spyder has been spotted at a promotional shoot and obviously Bombardier has decided to beef up its 3 wheel bad boy.
    The F3 EFI - that's the logo on each side - should logically abandon the 2 cylinder Rotax and adopt the new 3 cylinder ACE 1330cc engine with 115HP &13?? of torque, already seen in the 2014 Spyder RT. The brakes appear to have been supplied by Brembo and the exhaust is probably a joint production with Akropovic, as announced last year.

A power cruiser Spyder: For the rest, we see more angular lines than the RS version, with an aggressive front grill including an inset red S, a completely new exterior, a more motorcycle like seat than before and custom type riding position. We hope to see the Can-Am Spyder F3 launched at the motorcycle shows by the end of September starting with the Cologne Motorcycle show.
    Stay tuned
    Last edited by oldgoat; 08-31-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Makes much more sense, and proves my point.
    See the difference between what you said, and that Google babble?

Chas

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Great observation

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    I got to looking at the pictures again. In the one with black and white panels, it looks to me like there is something more under the white panels. Am I dreaming?
    You have seen the hidden message... Sure that is a decoy...

Chas