Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon sway bar is here

I received our sway bar for our 2012 RT-S from BajaRon today. Fast turn-a-round from order to receiving it. Great customer service also. Now to get it installed.....
    Thanks Ron

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Ordered mine yesterday

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You will be happy with it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Post after you installed it and tell us your experience.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

So what makes one sway bar better than another? Are they shaped differently, different tensile in the metal or what?
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

I got mine installed today and I must say there is a significant improvement in cornering. Doesn't "roll" nearly as much. I also have the Elka shocks and may adjust them to "soften" the ride a little.

Great product Ron!
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    So what makes one sway bar better than another? Are they shaped differently, different tensile in the metal or what?

WELL ??

Spyder Garage

You will have to ask Bajaron for the details but I can at least tell you the diameter of the bar is thicker. It is definitely one of the better mods I have done.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't confuse all of us with details; let us just like the product...

Spyder Garage

Yes... here's a couple of hints.... BajaRon's new swaybar is exactly the same shape as the BRP oem bar, but it is a much larger diameter and therefore a much stiffer bar.

By comparison, the Evolucione bar used on some earlier RTs was exactly the same diameter as oem but moved the connection holes at the end of the bar in an attempt to achieve a stiffer bar.

If I had an Evo bar installed on an RT I would replace it immediately with Ron's new bar! Been there, Done That!

Jack

Spyder Garage

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post

I knew it was something highly technical.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

I knew it was something highly technical.
    Actually, there are a number of ways to make a sway bar stiffer. Increasing the diameter is just 1. You are correct that metal compound will also make a difference. That is why those that 'Require' a certain size bar may be missing the point. 2 identical bars of different metal compound will give you completely different results.

You could, theorietically, have a smaller bar be stiffer than a thicker bar depending on the steel.

Bar length and arm length also factor into the equasion. But you have to be careful. You can't just go changing dimensions without running the risk of new issues cropping up.

Different designs (bend configurations) have been tried on the Spyder. They look more cool than the OEM style bend I use, but once the bar is installed you can't see all those cool bends anyway.

More bends mean higher cost. That's fine if they do something for you. But in the case of our Spyder, they don't. The additional bends used by others were supposed to keep the bar from moving laterally during cornering. While this approach works pretty well on cars, it is not precise enough to get the job done on our Spyders. A car has a much longer bar and is much more forgiving of lateral movement. The Spyder sway bar is short and cannot afford much, if any, lateral movement.

Not only does lateral movement reduce the effectiveness of the sway bar, it can also cause hard parts to come in contact with each other on the Spyder. Not good.

The Spyder sway bar has been engineered by BRP into a very tight area. Additional bends in the bar take up room that simply isn't there (between the frame and Frunk). Many riders experienced contact between the multi-bend bars and the Frunk. This is why I opted for an OEM configuration and positive control of lateral movement with Billet Aluminum Collar Clamps.

Like many things these days the Spyder Sway Bar looks simple, but there is a lot more to it than first meets the eye. I want to thank this Spyderlovers community for the end product being as effective as it is.

I think this Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar makes the Spyder safer and a lot more fun to ride. But it's YOUR opinion that REALLY counts!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 12-19-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...