Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phillig View Post
    Here are a couple of comparison pictures of the BajaRon bar and stock.
    Thanks! Those pictures really show the difference!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Cotton,
    Which year RT do you have, and which shocks?
    2010 RT with 2011 RT shocks still set on position 4 after another test run today.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Default stupid question

is the sway bar the thing that looks like a shock or is it a horizontal or vertical bar thing on the bike up front not merchanically inclined as you see but would love to not have the feeling ya getting thrown off the bike on turns ? thanks Rich

Spyder Garage

Default cost

where do you get them and whats the cost

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderpoop View Post
    where do you get them and whats the cost
    Go to the home page and click on the BAJARON banner This will give you the details you need

{Note}

Ron informs me sales are good so be quick if you want to purchase from his current stock

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderpoop View Post
    is the sway bar the thing that looks like a shock or is it a horizontal or vertical bar thing on the bike up front not merchanically inclined as you see but would love to not have the feeling ya getting thrown off the bike on turns ? thanks Rich

This is the RS sway bar. The RT bar is very similar. The Sway Bar is not a shock, it's a straight spring or torsion bar. Doesn't look like much does it. But this little bar can do great things for your Spyder.

You don't have to tear your Spyder down like this to install the Sway Bar.

As stated by eddieshep999, you can always click on my banner ad on the Home Page here at Spyderlovers to get more information.

To purchase anything I carry simply PM me or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com Most make payment with Paypal but you can also mail payment. I can email you an invoice for Paypal which makes it very quick and easy. Either way works fine.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    2010 RT with 2011 RT shocks still set on position 4
    Great minds must think alike... I'm running the EXACT same setup!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am going to get a set of stickers made to place on the leading rt and left edges of my RT.
    bajarona.jpg
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you do; please let us all know when they're available!

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Larry's Photo set ref Fitting Bajaron's Swaybar to an RT

I contacted Larry via PM with the following request Ref getting copies of his pictures to assist me

Although I could view his pictures In photobucket I could not copy them and save them
    What I wanted to do was print them off - Place them in clear plastic folders so I could follow them step by step
    They are as good as any Workshop manual I've seen

I asked if he could e mail me a copy of the set of pictures or create an Album with these pictures on the SpyderLovers Album gallery website so I could save them to my Computer for future use when my Swaybar arrives

Larry was kind enough to place the set of Photos in the Album Gallery

Here is the spyderlovers album
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=2506

I now have a set ready to use and this will give me the confidence to tackle the job

Thanks Larry and Bajaron

Eddie Sheppard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    I contacted Larry via PM with the following request Ref getting copies of his pictures to assist me

Although I could view his pictures In photobucket I could not copy them and save them
    What I wanted to do was print them off - Place them in clear plastic folders so I could follow them step by step
    They are as good as any Workshop manual I've seen

I asked if he could e mail me a copy of the set of pictures or create an Album with these pictures on the SpyderLovers Album gallery website so I could save them to my Computer for future use when my Swaybar arrives

Larry was kind enough to place the set of Photos in the Album Gallery

Here is the spyderlovers album
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=2506

I now have a set ready to use and this will give me the confidence to tackle the job

Thanks Larry and Bajaron

Eddie Sheppard
    Impressive photo set. Very nice job!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Has anyone had an opportunity to compare Ron's anti-sway bar with the Evoluzione anti-sway bar that was sold for a time shortly after the RT was introduced, and as far as I know is no longer produced? I have the Evoluzione bar and Works Performance shocks on my 2010 RT and have the impression that this resulted in a major improvement in handling over stock. But, since they were installed at the same time I do not know how much of the improvement is due to the bar and how much to the shocks. Perhaps the new bar would result in even more improvement. I wonder how the stiffness of the two bars compares.

Thanks if anyone has any experience with the two, or any info on diameter, stiffness, etc.

Mike
    Idaho
    www.rtwrder.net

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by liketoride2 View Post
    Has anyone had an opportunity to compare Ron's anti-sway bar with the Evoluzione anti-sway bar that was sold for a time shortly after the RT was introduced, and as far as I know is no longer produced? I have the Evoluzione bar and Works Performance shocks on my 2010 RT and have the impression that this resulted in a major improvement in handling over stock. But, since they were installed at the same time I do not know how much of the improvement is due to the bar and how much to the shocks. Perhaps the new bar would result in even more improvement. I wonder how the stiffness of the two bars compares.

Thanks if anyone has any experience with the two, or any info on diameter, stiffness, etc.

Mike
    Idaho
    www.rtwrder.net
    From 12/18/12: Originally Posted by DR BuckSo what makes one sway bar better than another? Are they shaped differently, different tensile in the metal or what?
    "Yes... here's a couple of hints.... BajaRon's new swaybar is exactly the same shape as the BRP oem bar, but it is a much larger diameter and therefore a much stiffer bar. By comparison, the Evolucione bar used on some earlier RTs was exactly the same diameter as oem but moved the connection holes at the end of the bar in an attempt to achieve a stiffer bar. If I had an Evo bar installed on an RT I would replace it immediately with Ron's new bar! Been there, Done That!"

but, if you live in the flatlands or hardly ever ride the twisties, you may never notice the difference. The new bar will be more noticeable in very aggressive riding.

Jack
    Last edited by cjackg; 12-21-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Swaybar

Is it recommended that the front end be realigned after installing the sway bar?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AR10T View Post
    Is it recommended that the front end be realigned after installing the sway bar?
    Not necessary. You don't need to adjust or align anything.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    From 12/18/12: Originally Posted by DR BuckSo what makes one sway bar better than another? Are they shaped differently, different tensile in the metal or what?
    "Yes... here's a couple of hints.... BajaRon's new swaybar is exactly the same shape as the BRP oem bar, but it is a much larger diameter and therefore a much stiffer bar. By comparison, the Evolucione bar used on some earlier RTs was exactly the same diameter as oem but moved the connection holes at the end of the bar in an attempt to achieve a stiffer bar. If I had an Evo bar installed on an RT I would replace it immediately with Ron's new bar! Been there, Done That!"

but, if you live in the flatlands or hardly ever ride the twisties, you may never notice the difference. The new bar will be more noticeable in very aggressive riding.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Info and input much appreciated.

Mike
    Idaho
    www.rtwrder.net

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by liketoride2 View Post
    Thanks Jack. Info and input much appreciated.

Mike
    Idaho
    www.rtwrder.net
    As Jack says, EVO simply shortened the sway bar arms to achieve a stiffer action. This moves the Heim Joint Link forward and out of the correct vertical orientation. This alone would not be so much of an issue except that there is very little clearance between the front of the Heim Joint Link and the A-Arm even with the longer OEM bar arm length.

I have been told that contact between the Heim Joint Link and the A-Arm can occur with the EVO bar. I have also been told that some joints have been damaged, though I have not heard of any Link failures. I have not verified these statements. I just put this out as information that you might want to look into if you have an EVO bar mounted.

It is easy to check and see if you are getting contact between your Heim Joint Links and the A-Arm. If you are running the EVO bar I would highly recommend doing this.

All of this is very obvious when you look at your Spyder.

Jack up your Spyder to where you can get under and take a good look at the bottom of the Heim Joint Links. Look closely at the area where the Link comes close to the A-Arm at the bottom. A flashlight may be helpful. If the paint on the A-Arm shows wear then you are getting contact. If this is the case then check your Heim Joint Links for cracks or other signs of damage.

Here is a picture, borrowed without permission... to show what I mean. Check for clearance and possible contact in the area of the GREEN Arrow. As you can see, even with the original bar there isn't a lot of room between the Heim Joint Link and the A-Arm. It doesn't take much to reduce this small amount of clearance to less than zero as your suspension articulates in cornering, etc.

I understand why EVO used this approach as it is the easiest and least expensive way to get a stiffer Sway Bar. But anytime you change something you have to consider potential issues that the change may create.

The original Sway Bar arm length, as designed by BRP, is optimal. This is a big reason why I stayed with that dimension. It is more expensive to change bar diameter but the results are much more rewarding and create no new issues. My RT sway bar is also stiffer than the EVO bar so you should still see a marked improvement if you decide to switch.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 12-21-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Makes good sense to me.
    Thanks for the thorough explanation!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Ron. I'll take a look at my bar as soon as I can and will very likely be a customer before our riding season starts next spring.

Mike
    Idaho
    www.rtwrider.net

Spyder Garage

Well, here it is! I have elka shocks set to 22 clicks. I installed the bar and finally today I had a chance for a ride!!! WOW!!! The difference is dramatic. The first corner seemed to be much quicker and flatter on turn in. This will absolutely prove to be the best $200 I ever spent. I imagine the difference would be even more dramatic with oem shocks! I'm very glad we waited for all the R&D! Thanks ron!!!
    larry
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You guys are just KILLING me!
    I've got this beauty in my garage all unwrapped and begging to be added to the bike...
    But I haven't got a clue or plan yet as to how!
    And you're all happier than a bunch of clams in wet sand; and I can't join in the fun!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post

Jack
    The one I have on our RT is exactly the same shape as the one that came off, just a larger diameter.
    Maybe they made 2 diff. versions?
    My wife believes it was the best improvement we made.
    Modifying the RT to travel Canada.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I realize that the decal will either be upside down, or not visible when mounted. Maybe I should attach them differently. But really, very few people are going to crawl up under a Spyder to see that sticker.

Ron: You just need to add a caveat on the sticker, "If you can read this, turn me over." Old 4WD bumper snicker.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 12-23-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Made famous by Jeep CJ owners!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Made famous by Jeep CJ owners!