Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Pretty slick coz, I like the folding sections....why didn't HF think of that?

As for the 3/4" pipe bending, the most vulnerable spot is the center of each pipe....adding a clamp there will resolve that. If they are still a little iffy, gussett from the bottom inside edge of the boxes to the bottom of the table.

Spyder Garage

Default final assembly

mounted the assembly to the table, perfect fit to the bike. turns out the ramps are a little to long to fold backwards, need to trim off a couple inches. the pipe started to bow when i lifted the table, so i'll add clamps in the center as dannymax advised and see how it does.
    on a side note, the bike would not start to get it off the lift. found a slightly loose ground cable. cleaned and tightened and put the tender back on it. i'll check it tomorrow. could be time for a new battery. TBC.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it was fun while it lasted.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

If the center clamp doesn't do the job, cut some wood to fill the gap between the outrigger and the table. It will stiffen the pipes and brace against the table and block. 3/4" is pretty small to do that job. A typical metal extension would use 1 1/2" or 2"...or thick-wall pipe

Spyder Garage

Default thanks scotty

when i realized that i could not undermount the pipe, i thought i would use the smallest o.d. that i could get away with, since i have to drive over it. good idea, adding the wood in between. i'll probably do both just to be safe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Info and a great idea!

Looks like that lift is also on sale right now for $329 with a super coupon!
    http://www.harborfreight.com/extra-savings.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Good Info and a great idea!

Looks like that lift is also on sale right now for $329 with a super coupon!
    http://www.harborfreight.com/extra-savings.html
    Cruiser and Roadbike have HF adds and have had this item's coupon for a long time for $299.

J. D.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    mounted the assembly to the table, perfect fit to the bike. turns out the ramps are a little to long to fold backwards, need to trim off a couple inches. the pipe started to bow when i lifted the table, so i'll add clamps in the center as dannymax advised and see how it does.
    on a side note, the bike would not start to get it off the lift. found a slightly loose ground cable. cleaned and tightened and put the tender back on it. i'll check it tomorrow. could be time for a new battery. TBC.......
    Nice job I had made my ramps out of wood too but let them stay on the ground, I saw no reason for them to raise with the lift.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I added longer pipes to move the extensions out on my Handy lift and built wooden ramps. I keep my RT parked on it at all times in the garage. The wooden ramps are duct taped on except when raised, then I remove tape and retape when lowered.
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Default double a-arm extensions

finished the lift table mods today. added center clamps, and gussets from the extension boxes up to the table top frame. shortened up the ramps so they fold perfectly. spyder won't start AGAIN, so i can't test anything. DANG. it all looks very good on paper though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Were you able to slide a second pipe inside the first to stiffen it?

Spyder Garage

Default negative

i tried a 1/2 nipple and it would not go. the o.d. looked closer to 7/8 than 3/4, so i put on the center clamps and gussets. it feels rock solid. bike wouldn't start , to test out the lift. same as sunday. cleaned and tightened the ground cable. checked voltage with a meter, showed 12.9. put tender back on and bike started mon. morning. went to start it this afternoon to test the lift, and would not start. ur thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Default GR8

GR8 JOB COZ.....
    half the fun of owning a SPYD3R, is creating things to do with it and for it....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    014.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

SPYD3R - your garage is WAYYY to clean.