Wanted to alert you to a great new solution for controlling audio from the iPod/Iphone integration cable located in the rear trunk.

Just received DockBoss Air http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockBoss-air.html from CableJive today. Cost is $34.95

Tested it and it works with no issues. Blue tooth link from my cell phone and it worked to connect my Iphone to the iPod/Iphone integration cable in the trunk. I plan to secure the cable and the DockBoss Air on the inside of the trunk with adhesive tape to keep it out of the way for storage items.

I have an RT-s and have had challenges with controlling audio from Iphone/Ipod devices. Main challenge is stopping to open the trunk to change to another podcast or artist on the several music apps I enjoy using.
My first choice in music apps is MOG, free with ads, also use Slacker, Iheart radio & Pandora on the bike and have been limited for controlling the apps on the iphone from the handlebar mounted factory controls. It works fine for the Apple Itunes app and playlists.

The bluetooth device was created to allow devices that had the 30 pin Apple connector, to now work with the 9 pin Apple Iphone 5. Devices like Ihome speakers with 30 pin docks are not able to be used with the Iphone 5.

I can now control all of the music, radio and podcast apps from my phone while remaining seated on the bike (Stationary of course). I keep the phone in the small trunk in front of my seat for easy access while stopped.
It won't charge the battery while using the DockBoss Air, but I can live with that. I have an external Iphone charger that does the job.

dockboss on rt.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354400209.148224.jpg