Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Great Long Beach Motorcycle show, "BUT"!

Had a great time at the Long Beach Motorcycle show. Met up with a lot of great old friends and new ones as well. Always awesome to see my San Diego friends from SRA. The only down side was my Spyder RT got vandalized. After leaving the show and heading back home I broke down. Long story short someone cut with a fine knife or razor blade my belt 3/4's of the way which broke off completely leaving me stranded until the tow truck came. The driver showed me to my surprise that is was deliberately cut by a blade of some kind just enough to make it weak enough to break. I was shocked to see and hear the news.
    Did anyone happened to see anyone looking suspecious hanging around a Blue Spyder RT with Seal Floor boards. I was also parked right behind George and Lori PARRY'S spyder Has anyone else that attended the show heard or know knows anyone else that had any issues? All I can say is that I believe in 100% Karma.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of the issue with your . There are some real scumbags out there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But if you had driven there in a nice cage; it too would probably have been vandalized...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Long Beach

Didn't see anything...that is terrible!

Good to see Fred

Spyder Garage

Were you parked in an area with cameras???

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OH that SUCKS....
    I was one of the very last ones to leave that night... Lori and I, Ken, Ed and Mickey Fisher all went to dinner At Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles, before heading back to home San Diego.
    Maybe it happened before the event and it finally wore just enough to break that evening... I really do not understand why people have to mess with the belongings of others...I have found people sitting on my Spyder in the parking lot at work, and at shopping centers a few times, but never do any damage. In the past I have had someone key my truck while parked on the street in front of my home, and that mad me mad, BUT messing with someone Spyder is a Capital Offense
    I agree with you, someone is in for a KARMA avalanche....

Hope you are back on the road soon.
    -G
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pincushion View Post
    OH that SUCKS....
    I was one of the very last ones to leave that night... Lori and I, Ken, Ed and Mickey Fisher all went to dinner At Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles, before heading back to home San Diego.
    Maybe it happened before the event and it finally wore just enough to break that evening... I really do not understand why people have to mess with the belongings of others...I have found people sitting on my Spyder in the parking lot at work, and at shopping centers a few times, but never do any damage. In the past I have had someone key my truck while parked on the street in front of my home, and that mad me mad, BUT messing with someone Spyder is a Capital Offense
    I agree with you, someone is in for a KARMA avalanche....

Hope you are back on the road soon.
    -G
    If the perp did it at the show it's conceivable he could do it to other bikes. Check your belts boys and girls. I hate the thought of one of us volunteering to stay outside and watch the bikes. But more than one of us have experienced people sitting on or messing with the bikes if not vandalizing them. Probably those imitators from China, huh? It's a conspiracy I tell ya.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you for everyone chiming in.

Thank you all for your chiming in from on my post .It really is a sad state of affair that there are people out there that are jealous and vindictive and they get there jollies from causing havoc to someone else's property.
    The question that I would ask is what would you do if you caught someone in the act of messing with your property?
    Anyways, just curious what your thoughts are int his matter.

On a happier note, just want to take this time to wish everyone out there are very happy and safe holiday.

ScottyB

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

that's too and I'm really sad that this kinda childish act still exist. I 'm really don't know what to do if you catch this person in the act. The punishment not equal the act.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder 5 Team Member MickeyFisher's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Great Long Beach Motorcycle show, "BUT"!

So sorry to hear that happened.

I wonder if there's some security video that someone could check. It seems like it would be a really hard thing to get away with there.

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Thank you all for your chiming in from on my post .It really is a sad state of affair that there are people out there that are jealous and vindictive and they get there jollies from causing havoc to someone else's property.
    The question that I would ask is what would you do if you caught someone in the act of messing with your property?
    Anyways, just curious what your thoughts are int his matter.

On a happier note, just want to take this time to wish everyone out there are very happy and safe holiday.

ScottyB
    Scotty, you're a shutterbug. Start there.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Had a great time at the Long Beach Motorcycle show. Met up with a lot of great old friends and new ones as well. Always awesome to see my San Diego friends from SRA. The only down side was my Spyder RT got vandalized. After leaving the show and heading back home I broke down. Long story short someone cut with a fine knife or razor blade my belt 3/4's of the way which broke off completely leaving me stranded until the tow truck came. The driver showed me to my surprise that is was deliberately cut by a blade of some kind just enough to make it weak enough to break. I was shocked to see and hear the news.
    Did anyone happened to see anyone looking suspecious hanging around a Blue Spyder RT with Seal Floor boards. I was also parked right behind George and Lori PARRY'S spyder Has anyone else that attended the show heard or know knows anyone else that had any issues? All I can say is that I believe in 100% Karma.
    That does suck! That was my first show and was happy to see a lot of quality people.Too bad some weren't.