Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hello - new member

Hi.
    Well, how to start?) my name is Jan, from Slovakia. Small country in europe. Ive been a big fan of spyders since day one! 33years old, and now im getting to stage of my life when I can actually ride the bike over the summer. I love to ride my can am atv. We can register those in europe, get a licence plate, so many times over the summer i was driving my 4wheeler on the regular roads. 3 years ago i bought motorcycle kawasaki mean streak 1500. I just love to ride. But - bz of my job, im scared to drive bike. So finally after 3-4 years just watching videos and pics online, i rent spyder last summer. Fell in love to this machine right away so, now is the time to get one to my garage.

Anyway, we probably wont meet on the road, but I might have some questions, or maybe u might be interested to see some pics from european roads.....

My first question is: last year I had a rt and rs. Both machines for a 4 days. Made 2 000 miles on each one and like I said I love the machine. This month I need to order model 2013, if I wanna get in a couple of months. So my question is: is 2013 rs really that better than 2012?
    I was pretty sure that I would go for ST, but now Im not so sure. I like to sporty feeling on RS, RT was kind of heavy for me.
    Or should I just get to the middle and order ST?)
    So, any advice would be great...

Thanks a lot!

Jan

Spyder Garage

Hello Jan, Glad to have you here. This is the place for all your questions...lots of knowledgeable folks around here. Sounds like the RS or possibly the ST would be a good choice for you.
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

Spyder Garage

If I was you I would ride the ST before you make a decision. The ST feels like the RS with better comfort compared to the RS. Doesn't feel heavy at all.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hello Jan!
    We're glad that you have found us!
    If you ride the ST, it will make your decsion even harder... All three are great rides, so you just have to pick the one that will suit your riding style the best.
    Happy Shopping!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Best ride ever enjoy and be safe
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

good luck with your decision. Like Lamont said try to ride the ST before you make your decision. And be sure to let us know what you decide.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Cool

ride n enjoy! love my 2012 RT and so does everyone around me ...I carry a stick just to beat them off !

Spyder Garage

Try the ST then you have tried ALL three! Keep us busy with Questions and Pictures!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    good luck with your decision. Like Lamont said try to ride the ST before you make your decision. And be sure to let us know what you decide.

Thats a problem. 2013 model I have to order this month. If there is small different between rs 12 and 13 i would probably go for 2012.

Spyder Garage

Quite the problem...you may want to read the review Lamonster posted, if you haven't already...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...long-report%29

May help some, but without riding one, it'd be a tough decision. Good luck & let us know which way you decide.
    Pops

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

2012 RT Ltd

Spyder Garage

to the forum. You really do have a big decision to make. It sounds like you will not be able to test drive 2013 before ordering due to time constraints for delivery.

If cost is not a big problem, then I would also suggest the 2013 if you can't do a test drive first. If money is an issue, you will be all right with the 2012--but will miss out on the handling improvements made to the 2013 line. The addition of the ST also gives you another option for the 2013 line.

Keep us posted and let us know what you decide.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think if I were in your situation, I would go with the '13 ST. Really don't think you'd go wrong. JMHO

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hellow and great to have you here yes i agree with all that has been said about riding all three although if yo are shopping to buy now the 2012 RSS is a great ride and verry comfortable for someone that is under 6' good luck and enjoy your new ride.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Decisions, decisions............anyway

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Like Lamont said, try the ST and then you will be able to make a much better decision of which one suits you. I have no doubt whichever one you get, it will bring a smile to your face when you ride it!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

6"2, 220.... Looks like ST)

Spyder Garage

Arcturus - 2008 Millennium Yellow Can Am Spyder GS

Spyder Garage

Hi Lasica .. you are not soo far away from me ..

if you drive 2000 kms in two weeks - you should think about an ST - if you also find (or have) a girl on your back ..she will prefer the RT (liike mine)

seems there is a lot of different between 2012/13 - I`m also waiting for Lamonts first side by side story of the new brakes/suspension and so on ..

personally I´m not shure about the ST - optically the RSS is the winner .. maybe someone has an Idea for facelifting

Chris
    Austria/Italy
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats