Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

One of the best pieces of motorcycle safety gear I own is my Spyder. Three wheel stability, coordinated anti-lock brakes, and a superb vehicle stability system are the best items I've ever added to my essential ATGATT. I never leave home without it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    Bikeguy---which model?--is it listed as white/silver (actually has black shoulders and sides)?

MLavore---do you have a link or model?? having trouble finding a white one on search..Is it Mesh?
    Looks like I owe everybody an apology. The jackets we wear are Tourmaster Flex model but we've had them for a little over a year and I can't find that model in silver anymore. I am enclosing a link to a (mostly) white Icon Hooligan 2 model but I don't own one so I can't vouch for it at all. http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_jacket.html

I'm also enclosing a link to a white Firstgear Mesh Tex jacket for women which is on closeout at a pretty good price. Some men can wear women's models okay, others can't. For whatever reason, they put the zippers on backwards on women's stuff. Once you get used to that, I can't tell much difference between men's and women's models but I'm vertically challenged to begin with. Firstgear makes good stuff,
    http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_jacket.html

Cotton

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's no reason to skimp on gear. Just because the Spyder won't fall over doesn't mean you won't get hit or thrown off. People ask me why I wear gear? I tell them why don't they try running as fast as they can unprotected, into that brick wall there - nobody's taken me up on that yet. But, we're all big boys and girls here; choice of gear is your own decision.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=bertmc;548363]
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post

Looks like red t shirts to me. Or were you just posing with your helmets on?
    Yep, I was waiting for that. Got to change that avatar.

Actually, we were riding. We left home with the temperature in the low 50's and wearing very warm textile jackets. By late afternoon it was high 80's and we were burning up with no options except burn up or take off the jackets. We rode in T-shirts for about 15 miles down the interstate to the motel where we had reservations for the night. Our son rode up beside us and his girlfriend took the picture. Not the smartest thing we've ever done.

That's one of the reasons we like the Tourmaster Flex series jackets. They convert from mesh to textile in a couple of minutes so if the weather changes, you're still in good shape.

Cotton

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=bikeguy;548471]
    Quote Originally Posted by bertmc View Post
    ... By late afternoon it was high 80's and we were burning up with no options except burn up or take off the jackets. We rode in T-shirts for about 15 miles down the interstate to the motel where we had reservations for the night. ..
    You should look into those evaporative cooling vests. They work well in the dry southwest.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I can't see a link in the original post.

Spyder Garage

I rode a sportbike for many years my first was a cbr 600 then a gsx 750 than an R1 and finally and R6 (my favorite of them all) and in New Orleans there was a track about 40 minutes away that you could pay 45 bucks and ride all day long but you had to have full leathers and tape off lights etc to be track ready.

On that track I would hit 145 on the straights with my fastest at 153. There were many quick short corners and I went off the track many times and dumped the bike twice at speeds over 90 and thanks to leathers and an open track I never had an injury and the amount of time spent on this track made me a much much better rider in all conditions and more importantly taught me the value of proper gear and riding technique.

I posted that isle of man vid and you can see while the bikes are tuned they spend massive amounts of money on there gear for the best protection possible and I cant imagine the amount of prep time and just natural ability to prepare for a race such as that.

All that being said I will admit that riding the spyder can give a false sense of security and in the Florida heat I can not handle wearing leather in the summer... I always wear a helmet and still wear my mesh jacket (with armor) but as far as leather pants and riding boots I do not wear those anymore and instead jeans and whatever comfortable shoes I choose.

I am amazed at the amount of riders I see wearing nothing.. whats more amazing to me is seeing these riders pass me with no helmet and in shorts and a t shirt but the helmet is hooked to there back seat?? the helmet is right there on the bike but not on there head?? the ultimate irony would be to wreck and die of head injury and the helmet was 25 inches away?

Spyder Garage

Default Yeah it's gone

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    I'm reading your post on my iPad and cannot see any link.
    Not sure what happened to the link but it is gone. Not sure if it violated a spyder lovers forum policy? Either way you should be able to see the video or slink to it from the lady's website. I think it is rockthegear.com or .org

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Laila's Dad View Post
    Not sure what happened to the link but it is gone. Not sure if it violated a spyder lovers forum policy? Either way you should be able to see the video or slink to it from the lady's website. I think it is rockthegear.com or .org
    It's still there. I just checked.

Spyder Garage

Default Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    It's still there. I just checked.
    Must be an iPad thing then, because I am on my wife's iPad now and can't see it but it showed on my PC though?