Default Never Forget!

Pearl Harbor Memorial.jpgSomebodyPaid.jpg
    Pearl Harbor was only 71 years ago...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

I made mention of today's date yesterday and a man who was about 50 years old had no idea what it was. When he asked if I was there I replied," No, but unlike some people I remember the sacrifices others have made so that I could live free." Needless to say I was not very impressed with his non-chalant (sp?) attitude. There are those that remember, and those who are doomed to repeat the past. Just want to say thanks to all of the Veterans and their families who have kept, and will continue to keep us safe.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Bob for reminding us. I note now the second year in a row that I have seen no mention on the idiot box or heard anything on the news about commemorating the day. I will be looking extra today. It is sad that they are kind of letting this go by the wayside, as it is a piece of history that we never should forget.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting comment

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Thanks Bob for reminding us. I note now the second year in a row that I have seen no mention on the idiot box or heard anything on the news about commemorating the day. I will be looking extra today. It is sad that they are kind of letting this go by the wayside, as it is a piece of history that we never should forget.
    Yet so true... I used google for most of the day for work, been on Yahoo all day and had the TV on through morning, but yet I didn't hear anything about today being the 71st Aaniversary, until my 12 year old came home and said, why isn't anyone mentioning on TV that we were attacked 71 years ago. Made me think .... Are we losing that grip on reality and will our grandchildren will need to actually search on the website when they have to do their school projects to learn about this day, cause it will simply fall everyone's "worth mentioning" list. I truly hope not.

2012 RS SE - White. Sport rack with Backrest, ISCI Armrests, Two Brothers Exhaust

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My Dad USS Roe, 3 stack destroyer, 17 years old and proud to be there. That's why they called it the greatest generation.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Our flag was at half staff today. It'a a real shame how our schools don't teach AMERICAN history anymore.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default liberal media

need i say more?
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

My Mom was born and raised in Hawaii. Her brother, my uncle wrote a book about growing up in Hawaii. He was there on that day and recounted about the Zeros flying over their house.

My Dad served in Hawaii as an officer in the US Navy. He turned 94 this past August. I sent him a note thanking him for his service yesterday, 12-7.

Spyder Garage

I read or heard yesterday that only about 8% of WWII vets are still alive.
    Lets hope these hero's are never forgotten...past or presant.........................

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juliantrost View Post
    Yet so true... I used google for most of the day for work, been on Yahoo all day and had the TV on through morning, but yet I didn't hear anything about today being the 71st Aaniversary, until my 12 year old came home and said, why isn't anyone mentioning on TV that we were attacked 71 years ago. Made me think .... Are we losing that grip on reality and will our grandchildren will need to actually search on the website when they have to do their school projects to learn about this day, cause it will simply fall everyone's "worth mentioning" list. I truly hope not.
    I saw it mentioned and shown on both local and national channels yesterday.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    My Mom was born and raised in Hawaii. Her brother, my uncle wrote a book about growing up in Hawaii. He was there on that day and recounted about the Zeros flying over their house.

My Dad served in Hawaii as an officer in the US Navy. He turned 94 this past August. I sent him a note thanking him for his service yesterday, 12-7.

Spyder Garage

My late father in law served aboard the Hornet. We have his diary and some battle maps. I will be taking Bruisesbaby out to Alameda sometime to see the Hornet. WWII vets are dying at the rate of 1,000 a day. This past Veterans Day was the first observed in this country that didn't have a WWI vet in attendance.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I will be going on a Hawaiin cruise in February to celebrate our 10 anniversary and the memorial site is high on my list of places to visit.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

About the most I noticed yesterday, was that "Tora, Tora, Tora" was playing on TCM last evening...

Spyder Garage

UPDATE: TCM played From Here to Eternity before Tora, Tora, Tora, but that is all the movies that I noted along the Pearl Harbor lines. I did miss the national news so can't speak to any Pearl Harbor remembrances on the national news.

My local NBC affilliate, did a very nice remembrance piece on Pearl Harbor and mentioned our local veterans museum. (AK has the highest # of per capita veterans in the nation). I was impressed to see that piece on the news.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I sa a quick reference on both National and local news, but not much. I looked around in area, yesterday, about one hundred houses. Two Flags flying, mine and one other.
    Take a close look athte jacket or vest in the first post. It says it all.
    Thanks to all who have served and still serving today.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner