Spyder Garage

Default Buying my first Spyder==need a little help... reside in South Florida...

Just trying to get some feedback. Im buying a Spyder... Well Im definitely buying a Spyder...lol.. First---Any suggestions on a dealer? Ft Lauderdale area... Willing to go north or south to buy... Recommend anyplace to buy. I hate dealing with dealers... Also-- dont know yet which model I am going to buy. Not buying the limited, but everything else is on the table. Ive already researched the pricing and thats not a problem. Should I get the 2013 or get a 2012? I know the pricing will be less with the 12. Are there any major differences between the 2 yrs? Can anyone send some suggestions my way.... I will be using it to travel within Florida and riding with a few non-Spyder riders--(family)...

Thanx ----->New guy...

Spyder Garage

You have come up with enough questions to write a book with the answers.

Dealers: Florida folks will come on and let you know which dealer they think the best to deal with.

Model Year: If you want the latest and best, the 2013 is probably the best way to go. It has improved handling characteristics compared to the 2012's and earlier. You will pay extra for the priviledge as 2013's will most likely not be discounted very much or at all.

Model: pre-2013--you have two choices. The RS or the RT. RS for sportier riding and RT for more comfortable touring.

If you consider the 2013 they have added the "in-between" ST model. This version takes the sportiness of the RS and adds some of the touring amenities of the RT. If you go deluxe, you get saddle bags and special colors.

SE5 vs. SM5 is another choice to make. The SM5 is now offered on only the low end models. The SE5 is available on all models and costs about $1500 more. I believe its $1800 on the 2013's. I have had both types of transmission options. I prefer the semi auto SE5.

The best way to determine what is for you is to test drive the various models and see what appeals to you.

You mentioned you are familiar with the pricing so there should be no sticker shock for you.

Let us know what you finally decide on. Happy Shopping
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-03-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

AKSPYDERMAN is right on good luck and send some picks welcome to the club you have found a good place for help and knowledge.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Buying my first Spyder==need a little help... reside in South Florida...

I love West Coast Powersports in Clearwater. Great people and one of BRP's top 50 service departments in the U.S. Plus some of the best prices since they are sister stores with Central Powersports, top seller for Spyders.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carajony View Post
    Just trying to get some feedback. Im buying a Spyder... Well Im definitely buying a Spyder...lol.. First---Any suggestions on a dealer? Ft Lauderdale area... Willing to go north or south to buy... Recommend anyplace to buy. I hate dealing with dealers... Also-- dont know yet which model I am going to buy. Not buying the limited, but everything else is on the table. Ive already researched the pricing and thats not a problem. Should I get the 2013 or get a 2012? I know the pricing will be less with the 12. Are there any major differences between the 2 yrs? Can anyone send some suggestions my way.... I will be using it to travel within Florida and riding with a few non-Spyder riders--(family)...

Thanx ----->New guy...
    I live up in Palm City.I happen to have bought mine in Michigan last July as I was there for a couple of months.I have researched the dealers where I am going to service as with these machines it is vital that the dealer you buy from puts it together correctly and services correctly otherwise you are looking at trouble.I would point out the closest to me is Palm Beach.
    I came to the conclusion that Central Florida Powersports Kissimmee was an excellent dealer.I rode up there visited them.Went to a presentation of the 2013 models there.I also met and spoke to a number of Spyder ryders and most recommended this dealer.I ride 110 miles each way to see them.AK Spydermans description above is spot on re new models.
    Good luck in whatever you choose.

Ivor
    Last edited by Ivorspyder; 12-03-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your response.... N yes I could've wrote a book..lol.. being that I am new and never rode one I figured Id ask the pros,,, u guys n gals... I will def take your advice.. was thinking about renting... Thanx again will update with what I buy...

Spyder Garage

Well I bought my Spyder RTS... Love it.. Already put about 200 miles on it... Question... Is there some sort of rivalry with Harley owners? Was on the highway with my cousin. He owns a Harley... Guy on a Harley drives up next to me, looks at me,,, turns his head left and right as if saying no,, gives me the middle finger and guns it. When he gets to my cousin who is in front of me riding his Harley, he gives my cousin a thumbs up... I started laughing... O well.. Like I said,,, I love my Spyder...

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your new purchase. Don't let that one guy bother you. You'll have a lot more people asking you questions about your new spyder than you can imagine.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Carajony Were plaining a meet and greet in February keep watching this thread for more Info. John First of three updates till the ride:

The second update will be will be on Jan 12, 2013. The last update will be Feb. 2, 2013.
    Ivorspyder suggested Rolana Martins Tiki Bar in Clewiston and we like this suggestion, Its in the center of the state.Were thinking Feb. 9th,2013. For those that are coming from long distances, there are two motels that look nice. A Holiday Inn express and Best Western. Please post if you have any other suggests. Please give us your opinion and we will go with the majority. Here is the list so far that are interested.

Johnnyg 1
    CJ/johnnyg 1
    Ivorspyder 1
    bstockwell 2
    old fts ?
    Forrest 1
    reggystan ?
    jharpo ?
    Sean@Cathy
    JohnnyRocket & Linda
    MouthPiece/Chris & Mrs. MouthPiece/Cindy (2)
    Last edited by johnnyg; 12-20-2012 at 01:38 AM.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Would love to come... let me know the details...

Spyder Garage

Consider me interested
    człowiek pająk