Thread: Daytona today

Way2Fast

Default Daytona today

We just got back from Daytona. Today was officially the first day of Bike Week. Beautiful 70 degree weather, however the crowds were down drastically from prior years. Seems like some of the regular exhibitors were also missing. Maybe things will pickup later in the week?? BRP had 2 semi trucks along with a bunch of Spyder demos. Next to their display was BMW motorcycles. They had an interesting red quad on display called a "GG Quadster". Take a look at it on their website, www.GGQuadNA.com The brochure they gave out had different specs than what is on the website.....like 3.5 sec to 60 mph, 135+ top speed, 60 - 0 in 100 feet, weight 825 lbs, 4 cylinder with 167 hp. in the brochure. The website is way more conservative. The workmanship on the quad was flawless and it should be for a $49,500 base price !

Richard

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Daytona today

is that thang street legal?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by morgcl
    is that thang street legal?
    If I recall correctly, it is not, because it has four wheels, and is therefore subject to the same safety standards/requirements as an automobile.
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director
    If I recall correctly, it is not, because it has four wheels, and is therefore subject to the same safety standards/requirements as an automobile.
    They were setup with a trailer and a couple of those last year at Deals Gap. They were riding them up there so I'm guessing they were okay or maybe they had some sort of special permit. They looked cool but I could buy a pretty killer car or truck for that kinda of money.

Way2Fast

In the voice interview on their website that was done at Daytona they say the thing is street legal, but I wonder how, since motorcycles can only have up to 3 wheels. With 4 wheels you would require seat belts, special bumpers, etc as in a car. ??