Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

J&J are good peeps. That is where I bought mine and they have done mine, and my friends spyder services so far.

Spyder Garage

Replaced the parking brake with the upgraded piece and what a huge different and with the new part the teeth are rounded not squareish as the other one was. Also with the old stock one you could see where it was shaved down where they had been stomping the crap out of it for so long. Its amazing how little pressure you need to set it and release it now i would definitely suggest that for any of the old spyders with parking brake problems like I was having.
    Arcturus - 2008 Millennium Yellow Can Am Spyder GS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that your dealer has you back up and running!
    It sure sounds like CJ did a real thorough job of inspection to the bike!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But, does it still whine?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Whining when backing up

Big #1 Motorsports in Birmingham, AL fixed my backing up whining issue.
    There are 3 places in the rear that need to be silicone greased. Fixed the
    problem. Sounds great now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder brake noise

Here is the solution directly from Dennis at BRP service dept. This was copied and pasted from the Dealer Community website.

Re: LOUD GROANING FROM REAR WHEN BACKING UP?

The groaning of the rear brakes can be reduced by chamfering the pad edges, utilisation of the new style pad with the isolator backing plate, proper parking brake adjustment and maintaining a clean caliper and brake disc surface. Isolating the tone wheel from the disc has also helped in some circumstances. Isolating the transfer of the resonance from the pads slightly contacting the disc surface, which creates a more harmonic noise is key to reducing the noise. Because of the pad material it is difficult to completely eliminate the noise and therefore can be heard on numerous units at different decibel levels depending on the condition of the disc, pads etc. How the vehicle is operated can also increase or decrease the level of noise generated. Brp is aware of the complaints by customers but in order to offer the best braking performance available in forward motion, the rearward motion howl cannot be completely eliminated without affecting braking performance.

Spyder Garage

On mine it was a combination of brake pad squeal and the belt being too tight. Once I loosened the belt as per another thread here the noise was reduced dramatically.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When you loosened up your belt's tension; did you notice any changes in if it's setting up harmonic vibrations or not?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    When you loosened up your belt's tension; did you notice any changes in if it's setting up harmonic vibrations or not?
    I noticed that is was much improved. The belt was the original 2008 specs, which is insanely tight. I used the directions in the Krikit thread and it made a major difference in shifting too. It was clearly loading up the transmission and output shaft to large degree due to the excessive pressure.

No harmonic issues at all. However, I was extremely careful to loosen the belt equally from side to side, so I didn't cock it up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If people are around I slightly apply the brake a I back it up, it stops the noise.