Spyder Garage

Default Scorpion i900 Alarm Questions

Just installed my i900 alarm and two questions come up:

1. I chose not to use the option which disables the ignition. Does that mean the alarm will not auto arm/disarm when I am away/near the bike? I'm wondering if that ignition disable option has to be used for that feature to work but also thought since it was a RFID alarm it was just based on the disntance betweeen the remote and the unit itself.
    2. The directions for the perimiter sensor say to push buttons 1 and 2 together to arm the perimeter sensor. It also says you can program the remote to the perimiter sensor always arms when you arm the bike normally. I made the change in the programming and the Perimter Off icon does not show on the screen when I arm it, however, don't think the perimeter sensor is arming when I just arm with button 1. When I also go back into the programming mode on the remote, is shows the perimeter as off as oposed to on. Not sure if that's just a default or not.

Thanks!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AirMike View Post
    Just installed my i900 alarm and two questions come up:

1. I chose not to use the option which disables the ignition. Does that mean the alarm will not auto arm/disarm when I am away/near the bike? I'm wondering if that ignition disable option has to be used for that feature to work but also thought since it was a RFID alarm it was just based on the disntance betweeen the remote and the unit itself.
    2. The directions for the perimiter sensor say to push buttons 1 and 2 together to arm the perimeter sensor. It also says you can program the remote to the perimiter sensor always arms when you arm the bike normally. I made the change in the programming and the Perimter Off icon does not show on the screen when I arm it, however, don't think the perimeter sensor is arming when I just arm with button 1. When I also go back into the programming mode on the remote, is shows the perimeter as off as oposed to on. Not sure if that's just a default or not.

Thanks!!
    i have the same setup. The perimeter sensor will not be on the screen when active, just the top four icons across the top. Easy way to test it is to set the place the remote away from the bike and walk up to it. If armed it will chirp. I have the auto arm turned off.

http://www.scorpioalarms.com/media/S...tions_v9.1.pdf
    Last edited by stevedfive; 11-30-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

i had one on for awhile. Worked well, but there were several times that i forgot to charge the key fob and set it off. after missing good riding time because of my own stupidity, i took it off

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys!