Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Get together proposal

I propose we do a get together either before it gets too cold or in the spring, but when it is still cool enough for building a fire. I propose we meet at a campground/state park. Some people can camp overnight if they wish, we could build a bonfire (small, if the park permits), have a cookout/BBQ. I am gonna win Powerball tonight so I will fund the entire thing!!! Seriously, we could do a pot luck and grill/bbq some meat. Just have a good time hanging out with some spyder friends. Plus do it in a mountainous area where there is some good riding. Just a proposal. I know with it being holiday time now, spring would probably work for more people. What do you guys think??

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

it all sounds good but Iam winning the powerball tonight.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Hawk;544760 I am gonna win Powerball tonight so I will fund the entire thing!!! [/QUOTE]

I'm in! Fly down, Buy a new 2013 rt limited, get a great hotel room until the weather has warmed up in Fulton, and ryde home all on Powerball. Oh, I'll need money for the ryde back to Fulton!

Wish I could make it though!!

Spyder Garage

I'm not winning the power ball at anytime, unless someone bought me a ticket.
    But, the get together sounds good. I got together with Daisyjoe and DOC this past month for
    lunch and a ride in SE GA. We saw some buffaloes!

GA 136 is one of the motorcycle riding routes listed on the MC Roads websites and it goes to Cloudland Canyon State Park from I-75. Also, there is the Crawford-Pigeon Mountain WMA in LaFayette, GA. You will need a GORP to visit there. You can purchase one online. A good place to meet would be off Rocky Lane in the camping area just past the parking area for Pettyjohn's Cave. Rocky Lane is paved. I think this would be warmer than on top of the mountain at Cloudland.
    We could still ride to Trenton, GA and back to LaFayette on GA 136. It's a nice ride. I did it this past October. I know of some good places to eat in LaFayette.

Were there any other places you had in mind?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm in and I think a state park would be a great place to meet. I would prefer the spring. I would love seeing some of the people I met in Augusta and some of the new Spyder owners. It is always good when you can put a face with a name.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    ....GA 136 is one of the motorcycle riding routes listed on the MC Roads websites and it goes to Cloudland Canyon State Park from I-75. Also, there is the Crawford-Pigeon Mountain WMA in LaFayette, GA. You will need a GORP to visit there. You can purchase one online. A good place to meet would be off Rocky Lane in the camping area just past the parking area for Pettyjohn's Cave. Rocky Lane is paved. I think this would be warmer than on top of the mountain at Cloudland.
    We could still ride to Trenton, GA and back to LaFayette on GA 136. It's a nice ride. I did it this past October. I know of some good places to eat in LaFayette. Were there any other places you had in mind?
    Thats a great area and also not far from Chattanooga so you might get a few Tennessee ryders as well. Numerous camping opportunities in the area including Cloudland Canyon State Park. The altitudes are not nearly as high as the TN/NC mtns so it should be feasible for a winter or early Spring ride.

It's also close to Chickamauga Ga and the battlefield area that offers some nice touring.
    Last edited by cjackg; 11-29-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Spyder Garage

I like where this is going. My better half is a non camper but we enjoy a bonfire. Cloudland Canyon is supposed to be nice per some coworkers.

Shorter term- anyone going on a toy run? GA Ride Report has a few listed, Marietta this weekend.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulter19 View Post
    it all sounds good but Iam winning the powerball tonight.
    No! I'm winning the Powerball tonight.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    I'm in and I think a state park would be a great place to meet. I would prefer the spring. I would love seeing some of the people I met in Augusta and some of the new Spyder owners. It is always good when you can put a face with a name.
    My wife and I would prefer spring time or meet somewhere on Dec. 21 2012 (that's 12/21/12) and have the end of the Earth meeting.

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Get together

Sounds good. My schedule indicates it will in the new year. Cold weather just mean more layers for me.

Mac Jordan
    Live in Gratitiude and Appreciation
    Vidalia, Ga
    Home of world famous
    Vidalia Sweet Onions

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I propose we do a get together either before it gets too cold or in the spring, but when it is still cool enough for building a fire. I propose we meet at a campground/state park. Some people can camp overnight if they wish, we could build a bonfire (small, if the park permits), have a cookout/BBQ. I am gonna win Powerball tonight so I will fund the entire thing!!! Seriously, we could do a pot luck and grill/bbq some meat. Just have a good time hanging out with some spyder friends. Plus do it in a mountainous area where there is some good riding. Just a proposal. I know with it being holiday time now, spring would probably work for more people. What do you guys think??
    We camp, but would prefer the spring and perhaps near the middle of the state.

Spyder Garage

We'd be interested in doing this in March or April but would prefer to go south from Atlanta.
    Providence Canyon interests us http://www.gastateparks.org/ProvidenceCanyon and it seems there may be better accommodations than exist at Cloudland Canyon for those of us who aren't up for camping.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default get together

i think south of atlanta would be good and warmer and anytime

Spyder Garage

I'm in camping, riding whatever, whenever.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Have new spyder rider contact in Vidalia (via Georgia Spyder Riders). Suggested might be fun to get down to that part of the state (heya Daisyjoe, MeanCJ7, and Doc (sorta)). Macvid mentioned that the Vidalia Onion Festival will be April 18-21 in 2013 and the Blue Angels are scheduled to be there.

I know this may conflict with SpyderFest 2013, but then again, may not.

Just thinking in front of y'all again.

We could do this event that was mentioned on an earlier post. The time of the year sounds appropriate. Of course, I would rather go to the mountains.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    Have new spyder rider contact in Vidalia (via Georgia Spyder Riders). Suggested might be fun to get down to that part of the state (heya Daisyjoe, MeanCJ7, and Doc (sorta)). Macvid mentioned that the Vidalia Onion Festival will be April 18-21 in 2013 and the Blue Angels are scheduled to be there.

I know this may conflict with SpyderFest 2013, but then again, may not.

Just thinking in front of y'all again.

We could do this event that was mentioned on an earlier post. The time of the year sounds appropriate. Of course, I would rather go to the mountains.
    We have been to the festival in the past, the Blue Angels flew then as we'll. it is a good time. It would be a good outing. Little Ocmulgee State Park has a lodge, campground and cabins.
    Last edited by Jgray; 12-01-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

Looks like the Onion Fest is the weekend before SpyderFest.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Get Together

I could do this!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I would ride up from Florida for the Onionfest in Vidalia then ride on to Spyderfest.After Spyderfest a nice few days riding around Arkansas then amble back to Florida via New Orleans and Biloxie.Makes for a nice couple of weeks on the road.

Ivor

Spyder Garage

Interested, but will have to see what & when the final plans are. We don't do camping and work is always an issue. We also have several dogs and cats, so have to arrange for them while we are out.

We'll see...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Id take a trip up there to meet some new spyder folks
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Another location to consider... Marion, GA, the geographical center of Georgia. Don't know what else is there to see and/or do but it would be unique.

IMHO...a state park with shelter and fire ring would work quite well for Mike's proposal. Here is link to the Georgia State Parks map. Looking at the map, High Falls looks to be sorta centralized, has reservable group shelters but that is all I know about that park. Melanie and I have stayed at several in the northern mountains but don't see those as viable draw to include the entire state.

Is it time to say there are multiple subsets of Georgia Spyder Riders?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    Another location to consider... Marion, GA, the geographical center of Georgia. Don't know what else is there to see and/or do but it would be unique.

IMHO...a state park with shelter and fire ring would work quite well for Mike's proposal. Here is link to the Georgia State Parks map. Looking at the map, High Falls looks to be sorta centralized, has reservable group shelters but that is all I know about that park. Melanie and I have stayed at several in the northern mountains but don't see those as viable draw to include the entire state.

Is it time to say there are multiple subsets of Georgia Spyder Riders?
    Its been overtime!!! I see an Atlanta and North Group, An South Eastern Group and a Central Western Group. At least two or three groups so far. I would not divide it any smaller at this time. Obviously the Atlanta group is the biggest but there are a more than a few of us in the Eastern and South Eastern part of the State. the Central Western part I am sure has folks too just dont place a name.

Getting together in the Spring is a great idea and the best time to try to get maximun turn out in a central location and discuss a little more (but not too much) organization for the Ga Spyder Riders.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Are we still planning to attend the Vidalia Onion festival?? Would be an excellent opportunity to see each other and maybe discuss some future rides. Also, finalize plans for the ride to the owners' event. Just read that the Blue Angels had to cancel due to the budget cuts.

Super Senior Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Macvid View Post
    Sounds good. My schedule indicates it will in the new year. Cold weather just mean more layers for me.

we ride to Benton Lee's for steaks..u will have to join us on our next ride there
    2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze
    Inspector Gadgets cupholder & rear deck brake light