Spyder Garage

Default Dealer question for you

I'm new to the site and want to say hello to all. My wife and I will be ordering a Spyder SE5 this summer, and would like your opinion. We have a Can-am dealer three miles from our house. They do not sell motorcycles, only atv's and sleds. There is a BRP dealership 40 miles away that also sells Honda and Suzuki. Seeing as how I haven't seen any real issues posted with the Spyder as the motor seems to be really solid, should I just go with the local dealership? Or go with the dealership with more cycle experience further away? Thanks for any input.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Dealer question for you

Are they both Spyder dealers? If so then go to the one you like best. They all have to go through the same training to become a dealer.

Spyder Garage

with Lamonster. I would visit both dealerships and see who gives me the best vibe. Who is friendlier, more professional, more responsive to your questions? If it is a toss-up between them, I would just go with the closest one.
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Thanks Bruce and Lamont. I believe both these dealers are down at the show so it will be interesting to see how pumped they'll be when they get back. Seeing the pics from the 2009 show I'm pretty excited.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greenmntpass
    I'm new to the site and want to say hello to all. My wife and I will be ordering a Spyder SE5 this summer, and would like your opinion. We have a Can-am dealer three miles from our house. They do not sell motorcycles, only atv's and sleds. There is a BRP dealership 40 miles away that also sells Honda and Suzuki. Seeing as how I haven't seen any real issues posted with the Spyder as the motor seems to be really solid, should I just go with the local dealership? Or go with the dealership with more cycle experience further away? Thanks for any input.
    We had a choice between two dealers as well. They are both in the general area but one is about 10 minutes away and the other about 35 minutes away. We visited both and we did a test ride at both. The closest dealership did absolutely nothing to impress me. It was as if they did not want to sell these Spyders, like they were more of a bother than anything else. They didn't know anything. Other people were coming in and asking questions and my husband and I knew more of the answers than the sales people. It was very frustrating. The demo ride was a short ride around a city block, it was horrible. Upon our visit to the dealer farther away, my husband and the head technician who had already been to Spyder school for dealers must have talked for over an hour. He wasn't even the salesman. My husband put a deposit down that day. When we went back and did our demo ride at that dealership they let us each take a Spyder and the man from the dealer rode his own bike. We were out for almost an hour. They even let us cruise by my husband's parent's house to show off. They have been honest and accommodating through this entire process. So what I am trying to say here, is definitely go visit both places, speak with the people. As mentioned above, everyone who sells these will have to go through training but you have to be comfortable with the people you are working with. Good luck and welcome to our web.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Probably some of you couldn't relate to this but being up here in the north country my wife and I ride sleds (snowmobiles) for our winter recreation. The closest dealer was the one I purchased my first BRP snowmobile from
    and had a sour service experience and haven't been back since (4) years. Maybe time heals all wounds. We'll see.
    It would be great to have a dealer treat you as yours did.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This is a little off the subject, but when I see a post re BRP dealers, I feel I have to respond. I got my Spyder from Seminole Power Sports here in Sanford, FL. Friendly, completely familiar with the machine and totally professional in their business dealings.

After my "first service" I got a nice phone call the next day to inquire how my visit went. Was I satisfied in all repsects with the service etc, etc.

Absolutely top notch in all respects. After reading about some of the problems others have had with their dealers, I can really appreciate Seminole Power Sports!

Jack H.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

also get the pricing "out the door" from the two dealers, from what I hear some dealers are charging setup fees, and stuff. sometimes to the tune of 1-2K over what the invoice states. so be aware.

Action kawasaki in Bradenton Florida charged me MSRP plus tax. 14,500 plus tax was all.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    also get the pricing "out the door" from the two dealers, from what I hear some dealers are charging setup fees, and stuff. sometimes to the tune of 1-2K over what the invoice states. so be aware.

Action kawasaki in Bradenton Florida charged me MSRP plus tax. 14,500 plus tax was all.
    you were lucky my price out the door was $17,600 #1004 yellow