Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP comfort seat or aftermarket seat.

Just wondering if anyone has the comfort seat offered by BRP and is it worth it compared to other aftermarket seats. I'm thinking of adding the comfort seat as an option on the new Spyder order but if its not worth it and ill be buying another seat anyway like to know and I'll skip on it and look at better seats later.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Osros View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has the comfort seat offered by BRP and is it worth it compared to other aftermarket seats. I'm thinking of adding the comfort seat as an option on the new Spyder order but if its not worth it and ill be buying another seat anyway like to know and I'll skip on it and look at better seats later.

Thanks
    I have a RS and a RT and have NOT bought a aftermarket seat BECAUSE I want to sit on it and try it first?
    I can,t go by what people say when I,m going to put up $500-***** for a seat I have never sat on?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Seats are a very personal thing. What works for one, is agony for another. The best thing would be to try to get to an event where you could ask someone if you could try their Comfort Seat, Corbin, Ultimate, etc. Second best would be to go to the Corbin or Russell shops and have a seat fitted for you. Barring that, you just have to take your chances and hope for the best.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the BRP comfort seat on my RT. I cannot ride any bike very far without issues. The BRP seat gave my legs a much better position and allow 200 to 300 mile days without much of a problem. Much better than the stock seat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I upgraded to the comfort seat from the stock one on my RS. For me, I feel I can ride all day on it whereas before I would start fidgeting after three hours.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What price is the BRP comfort seat? Or the other makes if you have one....I think they are in the $500-700 range.

Spyder Garage

The comfort seat is $595 and is an upgrade from the stock seat--which IMO--is way to mushy. Other aftermarket seats are $700 and up. I have a Corbin on my 2010 RT and have recently purchased the comfort seat for the 2011 RT. I had installed a comfort seat on the 2009 RS and it was an improvement over the stock seat also.

For that kind of money--I recommend test sitting as many different seats (at an event perhaps) as possible before putting your money down. Seats are like antiques--one persons trash is another persons treasure.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Before I bought the comfort seat I'd go 150 to 250 miles and would be in agony. With the seat I can go 300 miles with no issues but not much further. I am planning on getting a Day Long Seat as I had one in the past and it was perfect and allowed me to go as long as I wanted. The problem in your decision is unless you and I are identical twins the above should mean nothing to you! You must try them all, even if its for a few minutes. Keep in mind if it feels great standing still it still may cause pain after a few hours. It's why you see so many different types of seats for sale.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you ride two-up; be aware that BRP's comfort seat will steal several inches of space from the passenger area of the bike... In our case; it made enough of a difference that it made this option unworkable for us.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm considering an Ultimate seat next spring. My brother got one for his Honda VTX and loves it. As for a try-out, Ultimate gives you 2 weeks to try it and return it for refund if you don't like it.

Spyder Garage

Another suggestion and one that I did when I bought my RT last year. I found a local person who works on motorcycle seats, had him do the following with the stock seat. Moved driver area back 2 inches, added the Utopia driver backrest and also added heat that was very easy. I bought the heat pad/switch, etc. and he installed it. I also had him cut the circle on the left side out where the fuel tank is and he hinged that for easy fuel access. Total cost was less than a new seat not counting the Utopia backrest but including the heated seat. I posted photos last year around January of the finished product.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    What price is the BRP comfort seat? Or the other makes if you have one....I think they are in the $500-700 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    ...Keep in mind if it feels great standing still it still may cause pain after a few hours. It's why you see so many different types of seats for sale.
    I got my comfort seat off eBay - for cheap.

Like this one.. 1 day left, no reserve: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CAN-AM-S...fca106&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by asp125; 11-27-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Just for Information purposes!
    I called Ultimate and their Mid or Tall rider RT seats are $525 and There is NO Stock Seat exchange required on the RT seat-
    Sooo If you purchase a Ultimate RT seat and sell the Bike you can put your stock seat back on a make a Few $$$ on the Ultimate!
    With the RS you have to send in the Stock seat for a $250 credit (I think)?

This may be enough for me to swing the ultimate by Spring for my RT!!!
    Last edited by Sarge707; 11-27-2012 at 02:35 PM.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!