Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very nice!
    Thanks for posting it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnirtsnod View Post
    I added a 2012 Spyder RT-S to my stable two weeks ago. Actually, it's a two-car garage with an Acura RL, Honda Accord, H-D Ultra Classic, and now a Spyder. Just getting Christmas stuff out of the attic required me to empty the garage and fill the driveway. Well the bright red RT-S drew several visitoring neighbors with mixed reviews.

One, near-retirement age neighbor loved it and wanted to know everything about it. Took a picture with his phone to send to his son, and left smiling. Another, outlaw-looking neighbor rode up on his Harley with loud pipes and ape hangers. (Actually, he's a sincere, giving, family man with a love of god.) He liked it and said his wife has been talking about getting one since their mc wreck three weeks ago. He wants me to take his wife for a ride.

Now comes the other side of the coin. The 44 yo woman next door couldn't stop laughing at me and saying how gay it looked when she saw me riding Thursday. I reminded her that two of her last four weeks were spent out of work because she fell off a bar stool and broke her tail bone...and that the extent of her riding was in a cushy suv. The last neighbor to pull up and stop was a former H-D rider who stopped riding when, after trailering his bike to FL, he bogged down in the sand when pulling off the road, throwing him and his wife to the sandy shoulder. His comment? "So you got you an old man's bike?" He who got unnerved and gave up riding had the nerve to acuse me of selling out when I had two motorcycles in my drive. It was all I could do not to call him out for his ironic (and moronic) comment.

My point? Respect others' decisions when they harm nobody else. If you like it, say something nice. If not, honk and wave when you go by...or just go by.
    Funny how I was reading through your post and it reminds me of what I go through with my show mustang. Either you love it or hate it because it walks that fine line of being in the tuner world. Its by no means cheaply done, my wallet sure knows that haha but I get the nasty remarks and I get the praises; I get shunned by most of the mustang community but I get respect from the others even if its not their cup of tea. Ive been showing for 10 years so I have learned to get a tough skin when it comes to peoples comments, if you do things to please others you will never be happy, you do something or have something because its what you like and its what makes you happy.
    On the flip side of the mustang I use to get remarks from people because I had the baby of all harleys being a 883 sportster or I was a woman riding a harley and I had no business doing so (mostly coming from the old school bikers). But none of the remarks have ever stopped me from doing anything especially buying this can am that I have now. (which that has gotten mixed reviews)

Spyder Garage

I haven't yet done it, but my temptation to is to simply reply with "Why did you want to tell me that, and do you feel better now? I don't understand why you would even care what I ride."

Put the comments back where they came from, which really has nothing to do anybody except the person who made the comment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    You're not alone, One of our family friend couple for more than 25 yrs, never talk to us, avoid conversation avoid meeting after they found out we got our 2012 RT SE5 before them. It's too bad to lose the friendship this way. My wife and I did not plan this, we found out from our other friend after we have ours.
    those are the type of people who were never really your freinds to begin with.... they are called: USERS.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black