Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What is it with some people?

I added a 2012 Spyder RT-S to my stable two weeks ago. Actually, it's a two-car garage with an Acura RL, Honda Accord, H-D Ultra Classic, and now a Spyder. Just getting Christmas stuff out of the attic required me to empty the garage and fill the driveway. Well the bright red RT-S drew several visitoring neighbors with mixed reviews.

One, near-retirement age neighbor loved it and wanted to know everything about it. Took a picture with his phone to send to his son, and left smiling. Another, outlaw-looking neighbor rode up on his Harley with loud pipes and ape hangers. (Actually, he's a sincere, giving, family man with a love of god.) He liked it and said his wife has been talking about getting one since their mc wreck three weeks ago. He wants me to take his wife for a ride.

Now comes the other side of the coin. The 44 yo woman next door couldn't stop laughing at me and saying how gay it looked when she saw me riding Thursday. I reminded her that two of her last four weeks were spent out of work because she fell off a bar stool and broke her tail bone...and that the extent of her riding was in a cushy suv. The last neighbor to pull up and stop was a former H-D rider who stopped riding when, after trailering his bike to FL, he bogged down in the sand when pulling off the road, throwing him and his wife to the sandy shoulder. His comment? "So you got you an old man's bike?" He who got unnerved and gave up riding had the nerve to acuse me of selling out when I had two motorcycles in my drive. It was all I could do not to call him out for his ironic (and moronic) comment.

My point? Respect others' decisions when they harm nobody else. If you like it, say something nice. If not, honk and wave when you go by...or just go by.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They're just jealous.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default 1st WEEK

NOT TO WORRY....
    there are morons on every corner...
    my 1st week of ownership of my SPYD3R, i pulled into QUAKER STEAKS and 3 guys (about 45 yrs old) came over to look @ my nu SPYD3R... this was back in '09 - NOT many on the streets @ that time.... 1 or the 3 looked @ me and said, "i wouldn't be caught !$^&$#$ dead on 1 of those"... to which i replied; "let me ask you. if i were to die tonite, would you weep for me tomorrow?" to which he said,"no #*#$%$ way", to which i replied, "then why should i give a $&%$ what you think of my ride?" his 2 buddies started laff'n @ him and he walked away embarrassed....

skru'm, if they aren't pay'n for u'r ryde, then they have NOTHING to say about what another person rydes.....
    013.jpg
    Last edited by SPYD3R; 11-25-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Humans are truly a strange species......just enjoy your Spyder, Harley and anything else you like and ignore the narrow mindedness of some people and remeber we are a strange species!!
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Default hey G

you're just like the rest of us. you have some good neighbors, and you have some retarded a- hole neighbors. welcome to the club
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Or just don't give them the power by not allowing it to bother you.

Chris

Spyder Garage

We just let our neighbors think we're an odd family with a few screws lose, that way they don't bother us and keep a wide berth. You can choose your friends but not your neighbor, just smile and carry on. As long as you're happy who cares what others think. Too old and ugly to care.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A guy told me one time' I will never be caught on one of them stupid things"
    I said, i know it, you can't afford it!
    He did not like that at all, he knew i was right

Spyder Garage

Let me tell ya i am 44 an ya a few buddys give me a hard time about my but every 1 of them would take a an they call me old i said ya maybe but u cant put an age on luxury!!!
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default People are strange

Last week I took my wife to Las Vegas on the Spyder (her longest ride yet). When we stopped to get gas this old man walks up and says "that thing sure does have an ugly face", proceeded to take pictures on the Spyder, talk about where we were going, and suggested a destination that was completely opposite of where we were going. I just smiled, and made the small talk with him. My wife would not say a thing to him. After he left she said how rude of him to say such a thing, and then want to take pictures to the Spyder. I just said he must not of known how to break the ice about it.

Funny thing is when we got home the next day she said what a nuisance it is with everyone asking so many question every time we got gas. I said it happens all the time, and I don't pay no never mind. They all want to know more about the Spyder.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I see alot of threads like this. All my friends ride Harleys and we go to all the bike nights, rides, etc. We joke around but I really don`t get this kinda response much. I just go with the flow and ride. I don`t think a Spyder is better than a Harley or a Goldwing better than a BMW. I think what you ride is a reflection of yourself and everyone had a choice. Maybe this shows through and people see this, I don`t know. I always give complements on others rides but I truly like all bikes. Bottom line those who are narrow minded will end up riding by themselves in the long run and that is my justice. The Spyder is just another choice and all people worth our time will think so also.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

I would not worry about what other think about my ryde. If they actually speak up and say something bad or untoward--I just consider the source and let it go. They obviously have problems that even go deeper.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default What is it with some people?

I JUST GO WITH THE FLOW when I'm on the around here in my home town everyone know me ,25 years teaching TAE-Kwon-Do O-DO Kwon they just say nice ride sensei. do I need to say anything more?I would away teach my student

to alway show respect and Love toward everyone and everything and to alway remember no matter how good you may be .there alway some one a little better. ( so be sweet and kind) and when that fails) kickfifth.jpg3660R.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Mostly jealously

Most of the folks I'm around are jealous of my toys, I am single, I enjoy life. I just don't want no one to envy me, that is a sin. I listen to all kinds of comments, I usually smile, nod, or wave. Some say I am rich. I am not rich, I work for everything I have, nothing was given to me, I don't take hand outs.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Who gives a **** what other people think.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by danlnc View Post
    Who gives a **** what other people think.
    Perfect!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So what does Glo say when she runs into an idiot?
    (When you aren't with her; of course!)
    "Now don't you start sounding like my Roger"?

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

my advise for those that rcv neg responses is to turn and look them in the face and say (oh i see you want my autograph) as we are all famous spyder lover ryders..

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfuspyder View Post
    Most of the folks I'm around are jealous of my toys... I enjoy life. I just don't want no one to envy me, that is a sin... Some say I am rich. I am not rich, I work for everything I have, nothing was given to me..
    This sums up how I feel. I take the negatives as jealousy-based, I've ridden motorcycles since age 47 as a way to do something special for my wife and me, and from age 20 through 61 (last year), I have always worked at least two jobs (most times three) to ensure my family's well being. When I hear comments like, "You can't hide money!", I just smile and consider who is saying it. Usually it is someone who spends their life on the couch and is not willing to do the added work to enjoy the extra things in life.

Thanks for all the comments. This is a great place to vent. ...Don (gnirtsnod)

Spyder Garage

I ride with some guys that always give me a bad time about the Spyder and how funny it looks with "all those trunks and bags". As soon as the ride starts Here they come, "Can you carry this bag for me", "can I put my coat in your bag" "will you carry my helmet when we get out of state" "we don't have room, can't you help us out". Never fails.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C3517C View Post
    I ride with some guys that always give me a bad time about the Spyder and how funny it looks with "all those trunks and bags". As soon as the ride starts Here they come, "Can you carry this bag for me", "can I put my coat in your bag" "will you carry my helmet when we get out of state" "we don't have room, can't you help us out". Never fails.
    That's when you ask him.. "What? Move my beer for your helmet?"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's fun when they ask that... I had a fellow try to get my dander up on more than several rides.
    When he asked if I could carry something for him; I let him know that I would feel bad having to embarass him by carrying stuff for him in my tricycle. REAL men know how to pack and carry what they need...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're not alone, One of our family friend couple for more than 25 yrs, never talk to us, avoid conversation avoid meeting after they found out we got our 2012 RT SE5 before them. It's too bad to lose the friendship this way. My wife and I did not plan this, we found out from our other friend after we have ours.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The proper response would be.. "Well I can carry a couple of dozen beers with ice on my tricycle, can you?"
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Negatively

It must be a Spyder thing [Its different possibly even odd]
    I have never had a negative comment about my Tri Glide, But i did have a few with my Spyder.
    When i did get it with the Spyder, I would come back with Sarcasm, That's the best defence
    against Stupid.