Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey; you've got to go with whatever works...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by danlnc View Post
    If your relationship is based on the gifts you give your partner...well you get the point.
    In all honesty, that's the way I feel too. Just trying to have some fun here.

FlamingoBabe and HotGlue have a great thing going with presents. It's given from the heart, not an obligation.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mick ruhdorf View Post
    so if our wives do something thoughtless or insenative do we send them to THE CATHOUSE ?
    cheers mick
    cathouse.jpg

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Its a good thing that I just bought us a new Dyson Vacuum cleaner Before Christmas !! I don't need a doghouse I have a shed for those days

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Wow!!! hg and I made a promise to each other ...about 2 or 3 years into our 18 year marriage...with many more years to come....we never...let me repeat NEVER buy each other gifts...if he wants something he buys it...if I want something I buy it....now and then one of us will show up with something the other wants as a surpise...makes it a lot better.....and for happier times.....hg's Dog House
    ditto!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Wow!!! hg and I made a promise to each other ...about 2 or 3 years into our 18 year marriage...with many more years to come....we never...let me repeat NEVER buy each other gifts...if he wants something he buys it...if I want something I buy it....now and then one of us will show up with something the other wants as a surpise...makes it a lot better.....and for happier times.....hg's Dog House
    This is similar to what Bruiser and I do as well. We've been married over 32 years, we buy for each other during the year or buy for ourselves, and yes, surprise each other at times. We may buy each other something to open at Christmas, but not a whole lot.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

I have always said that "appliances are not gifts"...one time Butch and I were Christmas shopping at Sears and we were coming down the escalator which ended in the appliance department and I said my line about gifts a little too loud and got a very dirty look from a salesman trying to talk a man into buying a new dryer!!! We had a good laugh about it as we turned the corner. To this day (36 yrs) Butch has never given me an appliance as a gift. I believe that is why it's been 36 years of Merry Christmas' and Happy Birthdays!!!

That was a great video clip Yaz!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    I have always said that "appliances are not gifts"...
    We say pretty much the same thing except it's "Never give a gift with a cord attached."

The only exception was the year Hubby gave me a chromed KitchenAid Mix-Master. It brought tears of happiness pulling her out of the box. Her name is 'The Chrome Goddess' and she has a place of honor on the kitchen counter.

Hubby scored big time that year...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    We say pretty much the same thing except it's "Never give a gift with a cord attached."

The only exception was the year Hubby gave me a chromed KitchenAid Mix-Master. It brought tears of happiness pulling her out of the box. Her name is 'The Chrome Goddess' and she has a place of honor on the kitchen counter.

Hubby scored big time that year...
    That would be an exception of worth...bought my own...which brought tears of joy to Butch's eyes, because I baked many more cookies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    That would be an exception of worth...bought my own...which brought tears of joy to Butch's eyes, because I baked many more cookies!
    Butch is a lucky man!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow!!! hg and I made a promise to each other ...about 2 or 3 years into our 18 year marriage...with many more years to come....we never...let me repeat NEVER buy each other gifts...if he wants something he buys it...if I want something I buy it....now and then one of us will show up with something the other wants as a surprise...makes it a lot better.....and for happier times.....hg's Dog House
    HogCowboy and I have a similar mode of gifting ... only it sort of became an unspoken "rule" because we think so much alike. Too many times one of us would buy something for the other as a surprise gift only to find that the other party had bought for themselves at about the same time! Happened three or four times and then we just decided to do things more like flamingobabe. So, now, after 23 years of marriage ... if you we want to get a gift, there is not surprise because we have to ask first in order to make sure it's not already "on the way"
    Gee ... I wonder if our common thinking has anything to do with the fact that we share the same birthday (it's also our anniversary ... no forgetting anything on that front)?

Be safe

Spyder Garage

Default ROFLMAO

This is positively hilarious.

We have been married 30 years and here is a list of my "favorites" he has given me. A fishing reel to match his. Stevie Ray Vaughn CD..one of HIS favorites. Toaster Oven. And one of my all time favorites..........CASH, so I can get what I want..........Sigh..........

Hope springs eternal.
    BabyBlue

Between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls Texas
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    HogCowboy and I have a similar mode of gifting ... only it sort of became an unspoken "rule" because we think so much alike. Too many times one of us would buy something for the other as a surprise gift only to find that the other party had bought for themselves at about the same time! Happened three or four times and then we just decided to do things more like flamingobabe. So, now, after 23 years of marriage ... if you we want to get a gift, there is not surprise because we have to ask first in order to make sure it's not already "on the way"
    Gee ... I wonder if our common thinking has anything to do with the fact that we share the same birthday (it's also our anniversary ... no forgetting anything on that front)?

Be safe
    Actually I'm spydercowboy at this site.
    Do things like your life depends on it. It COULD!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile Love the Video

Absolutely love the video......More guys need to see this one!