Spyder Garage

Default SC Ryders, I need advice!

Long story short, I got pulled for speeding last week in Heath Springs, SC. 130 bucks and 4, (yes 4!) points on my license. In a Prius, for god's sake! As I was being passed by a pickup truck, and I usually drive the Prius for the best gas mileage, I have my doubts that he actually hit me with the gun, but go figure. Now I am going to have to take off a day from work to appear in court there (it's only about 3 hours or so from my house, lol!). SO, as i have never been pulled for anything before, or had to appear in court, I am at a total loss. How should I handle this?

I cannot afford spyder insurance if I have points, plain and simple.

He said I was going 48 in a 35. I had just made a turn onto a road, and do not recall seeing a speed limit sign, and was in a pack of traffic. I was in unfamiliar territory, and was trying my best to hear my gps, which was awfully quiet, and no, I didn't have the radio on. I saw him flash his lights behind the vehicle behind me and that vehicle pulled over, but the cop kept coming. Thinking he had a call, I pulled over too, and had the crap shocked out of me when he pulled in behind me! Heck, we thought something was wrong with the car! By the way, I was pulled over about 50 feet from a 55 mph speed limit sign. Hubby thinks that I was pulled because I was from out of state.

In other news, most of you know that Clyde had a massive failure on October 13. Ken hauled it to the dealer for me, and it has been sitting there ever since. VCM. A cheap fix. NOT.

The VCM arrived a few weeks ago, around the 10 or so, I think. I have called the dealer numerous times to check on it, and they actually began to work on it last Friday. I called them again today, and was told it will be at least the end of next week before it is done. Now, I know this a a major job, but honestly, I think they are just working on it between other jobs. To add insult to injury, my tag has expired during this time. So, when I am finally able to pick it up, I'll have to find the nearest inspection station and tag office before I get pulled again. The dealer can't inspect it because he's in another state.

I think I'm cursed.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

My wife was pulled over in Brevard Co FL same thing $140.She paid the fine and did the 4 hour traffic school which she passed.Result no points on her license.You can either attend or do it on line.She did it on line.
    If you go to court and defend I wish you luck.

Ivor

Spyder Garage

Default Billboard lawyer

Mouthpiece may or may not like this,but think billboard lawyer or full page ad in Yellow Pages lawyer.I got pulled but Barney some years ago,and not 2 days later got all kinds of solicitations from lawyers with rates to reduce the offence to a non moving violation. I guess word got around from Andy and Goober.I wound up paying about $285 for a defective taillight. No points and no increased insurance premium. Just my experience in Greensboro NC. Again, non moving violation. insurance points are for at least 3 years hereabouts.

Patrick
    Last edited by Pandy; 11-26-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: cleanup after typing on Ipad
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

Tickets are never fun. Sorry to hear of your dilema.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Take the traffic school and get the points off of your license. I can't speak for SC but here in California, points on your license will cost you thousands in additional insurance cost on everything you drive. Taking the traffic school is a piece of cake and can be done on line.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

Default the plot thickens

Well, on my way home, I took the same route, to check the officer's facts. He actually pulled me over in a 45-mph zone, not a 35, as he stated it was. The officer said it was a 35-mph zone until the 55-mph sign, but there was a 45 mph section between the two. I thought that I was in a 45 (because that was how fast everyone seemed to be going), but he was so darn sure of himself that it made me unsure. He took so much longer to get out of the car at the beginning than after he took my license, that I think he had the ticket half written before he even spoke to me.

All he said when he handed me the ticket was the date and time that I would need to appear in court, that they only took money orders or certified checks or cash as payment, and that I could ask for 'assistance' when I was in court, whatever that means. He didn't mention any possibility of traffic school.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good luck SpyderDuck hope all works out well IMO i would also take the class on line and pay the ticket,going to court could be more costly and you would then have two charges to pay.

Spyder Garage

Most states allow you to do traffic school, which cancels the fine and points. If not, a ticket lawyer can almost always get it changed to a non moving violation, resulting in a small fine and no points. It's worth the $100 or $200.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

If SC Isn't reciprocal with NC [check into it], Then the points wont go on your NC license, you just pay the fine.
    Works that way between PA and NJ.