Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default End of the Ride - Thanks for the Memories...

Well...it's over. My beloved yellow '09 SE5 went to auction last week in Fort Wayne. Sold for $8500 to some lucky person. Still have residual payments to IFCU, but can easily pay that. Lotsa memories...but my dream of riding from Indiana home to my beloved Oregon is kaput.

Diabetes...that modern curse, my souvenir of Vietnam, ended that. Still, it was fun while it lasted. Now, I must wait silently for the pain to ease away. Eventually.

Thanks to all you Spyder ryders out there, for your friendship and camaraderie. I enjoyed the "ryde" with you all, for as long as it lasted. Safe Ryding, everyone.

Doug
    Happy SE5 Owner

Spyder Garage

Life is a road trip with great stretches followed by a few bumps. I'm glad you could experience some great stretches on your Spyder, now it's time to take care of yourself. Remember, your service in Vietnam was as important and as appreciated as with any other war-zone service. I take notice whenever I see a Vietnam vet patch or sticker..and I cry whenever I visit the wall or think even about my visit.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you for your service...

How did you get diabetes from Vietnam?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder777 View Post
    http://www.publichealth.va.gov/expos...s/diabetes.asp

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of progession of medical problems. Thank you for your service and Welcome home Brother from anthor Viet Nam person. I was over there part of 67 to part of 68.
    If anybody on here or their parents were there in 68, ask them about TET. You might get to hear a interesting story or two.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Don't be a stranger around here..........Good luck to you.......and thanks for your service.....Happy Thanksgiving !

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Dont be a stranger around here. Thank you for your service to our country. Happy Thanksgiving.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    Sorry to hear of progession of medical problems. Thank you for your service and Welcome home Brother from anthor Viet Nam person. I was over there part of 67 to part of 68.
    If anybody on here or their parents were there in 68, ask them about TET. You might get to hear a interesting story or two.
    Oldmanzues
    Jerry England is a PGR Ride Captain from around Gainsville Mo somplace. His patch and PGR name is TET VET. I gather he was THERE!!! Didn't mean to steal the thread.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder777 View Post
    Exposure to herbicide Agent Orange. III Corps, where I was at, was one of two of the most heavily-sprayed areas in Vietnam. Not just US veteran suffer from it, but also, thousands of Vietnam children and families. Probably the most tragic side-effect of that wretched war.
    Happy SE5 Owner