Thread: Exhaust issues

Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust issues

I have been having an extra"pop" from the exhaust. It does not affect the performance or RPM. It just "pops" with an extra blow of air and different that usual sound if I put my hand about 5 inches from the pipe. 2008 RS SE5 12500 miles, new plugs and wires, K&M air filter, oil catch can , honda Y gaskets, no other mods. Any Ideas before I self inflict the pain of going to the dealer?
    Thank You

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dvmdf View Post
    I have been having an extra"pop" from the exhaust. It does not affect the performance or RPM. It just "pops" with an extra blow of air and different that usual sound if I put my hand about 5 inches from the pipe. 2008 RS SE5 12500 miles, new plugs and wires, K&M air filter, oil catch can , honda Y gaskets, no other mods. Any Ideas before I self inflict the pain of going to the dealer?
    Thank You
    Are the wires stock BRP's??
    i.e. New from the dealer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Are the wires stock BRP's??
    i.e. New from the dealer
    Yes, and the "pop" happens only when hot. If I shut it off and start again-- no "pop". Only happens after a ride. I hear it only at the exhaust exit, the engine sounds ok

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dvmdf View Post
    Yes, and the "pop" happens only when hot. If I shut it off and start again-- no "pop". Only happens after a ride. I hear it only at the exhaust exit, the engine sounds ok
    The OEM Wires damage if you just look at them wrong, Could be the problem

Run the engine in a dark garage with the side panels off, And after your eyes get accustomed to the dark, If the wires were damaged you should see sparks [arcing]