Thread: Seat Skin

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Seat Skin

Has anybody installed a seat skin and does it look good? Also most important does it change any comfort to the seat?

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Seat Skin

yes yes yes to all very easy to install looks outstanding there are two extra plasitc darts in the bag use them by drilling two small holes in front of the seat were the cover in front is shaped like a v its will take up the slack of the cover you will love the look,feel,and comfort of this cover the easy way is to remove the seat if you can let the cover sit in the sun and be albe to strech it over the factory seat do not remove the factory cover place it over incert the plastic darts drill two small holes in the front reinstall your saet your done :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

Pictures! We need Pictures!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ld271
    ... the easy way is ...if you can let the cover sit in the sun and be albe to strech it over the factory seat...
    See, now THAT'S a good hint!

Thanks... :bigthumbsup:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

a little too cold here for that..... BUT.... one of those heat guns, .......from home depot (it's like a hair dryer on steroids)..... now THAT comes in handy! :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

don't use a heat gun way to hot if its to cold were you are throw it in the dryer for a few minutes check it then install :bigthumbsup:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

LOL..... yeah, I know..... but with how cold it's been here, you almost need it!

Spyder Garage

Left 8:30 am to pick up seat skin.....got to dealer (18 miles away) at noon....had lunch on north jax motorsports...got home about 3:00 pm, put the knee panels on first ( my fingers are barely nimble enough to work that weatherstrip on) that was the hardest i've had to work at any mod so far on my Spyder. Put seat skin on next, laid it in the sun for a while, stretched the skin on, darted it per instructions, made a great difference in the look of the seat (probably the easiest thing i've done on this thing so far). Took her for a short run (only half an hour this time) and it really does make a difference in steering, so much easier to move around on the seat with the skin on. I'm happy with all mods so far, still having doubts about the usefulness of the knee panels, they seem out of position with my knees, look ok though. :bigthumbsup: ;D

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ld271
    don't use a heat gun way to hot if its to cold were you are throw it in the dryer for a few minutes check it then install :bigthumbsup:
    The dryer, great idea for the colder areas.

Wijllie

Pics here: http://www.spyderweb.be/reportages/r...ge_spyder.html

It's a real good addition ! Worth it !