Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

What will happen if I wear my bermuda shorts and pointy toe boots?

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blondespyder View Post
    Very nice group of guys BTW
    But they don't tolerate a patch well? Sounds like a swell bunch.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    Thanks for asking. If you have a collar on your denim vest it is an easy way for MC's to see they you are not afiliatted. A rider can see that from the front as you pass and has no need to turn around to see your back patch.
    If they want to ask me about it; I take the collar off so that the my neck doesn't sweat during the armer months...
    don't you just hate when that runs down the middle of your back?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First, you contradicted yourself. How and why does anyone get their butt kicked if they are not considered a threat? They don't. I have never ever seen any MC 'Kick Butt' on the basis of what anyone rides or drives. Following this logic anyone who rides a quad or "Non" traditional motorcycle is fair game. You are only a threat If you do something completely stupid? Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Second, No one here considers themselves in a MC, You toss around the word idiot a lot. Also butt kicking. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Third, you infer that all Motorcycle Clubs are by definition outside the law or break the law. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Fear not! The motorcycle clubs that you fear in the documentry that might mention your home town have no bearing on people that ride a Spyder today. You will not be molested by any MC for wearing a patch as long as it is not a patch of thier rival. Worst case, you will be asked to show you back and you will be asked to go on your way. (it has happened to me a few times)

There is the contradiction. You assume that anyone with a patch will be confronted. This is seldome the case. You assume that MCs are trafficing in drugs or guns or women. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Again, you use idiot to describe the Spyderlovers members. Who are you to call anyone here an idiot. I have never endured harrassment for riding a Spyder. In point of fact, every time I pull into a Harley Dealer or a bar parking lot, everyone wants to check out my Spyder

Just saying...
    Did not call anyone an idiot... you need to read what was written. I stated you would only likely be harassed if you acted like an IDIOT.

Secondly... I own a Spyder, and agree no one would be kicked-around for what they ride. The statement was "tongue-in-cheek".

Thirdly... don't make assumptions about me... I have never watched Sons of Anarchy.

Fourth... there WAS a post of someone stating they were in a MC... my reference was directed to the fact if you call yourself a MC it is the first opening for trouble. If you would have read further, you would see I stated even that would not likely be a cause to have trouble -- but that acting like an idiot would.

Fifth... I have no clue what you are saying about the MC's in my town. I never said I feared them. I said that they are only interested in themselves and their rival club. Have no clue what the heck you are talking about... read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote.

Sixth... I never said or assumed anyone with a patch will be approached. Others posted they were concerned about patches. I merely said a patch alone is not typically enough reason for a MC to approach you. Instead you have to act like an IDIOT if you want trouble.

Lastly... where do you see that I called anyone (that is a Spyder rider) an idiot directly. I did not. I stated that acting like an idiot is what can get you in trouble.

Take chill pill...

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So who actually owns all of the rights to this mystical and magical "Motorcycle club" designation??
    If we call ourselves a "Philosophical Society"; do you think that we'd be left alone??

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Got an education on MC clubs this weekend for Texas

First, you contradicted yourself. How and why does anyone get their butt kicked if they are not considered a threat? They don't. I have never ever seen any MC 'Kick Butt' on the basis of what anyone rides or drives. Following this logic anyone who rides a quad or "Non" traditional motorcycle is fair game. You are only a threat If you do something completely stupid? Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Second, No one here considers themselves in a MC, You toss around the word idiot a lot. Also butt kicking. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Third, you infer that all Motorcycle Clubs are by definition outside the law or break the law. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Fear not! The motorcycle clubs that you fear in the documentry that might mention your home town have no bearing on people that ride a Spyder today. You will not be molested by any MC for wearing a patch as long as it is not a patch of thier rival. Worst case, you will be asked to show you back and you will be asked to go on your way. (it has happened to me a few times)

There is the contradiction. You assume that anyone with a patch will be confronted. This is seldome the case. You assume that MCs are trafficing in drugs or guns or women. Stop watching Sons of Anarchy.

Again, you use idiot to describe the Spyderlovers members. Who are you to call anyone here an idiot. I have never endured harrassment for riding a Spyder. In point of fact, every time I pull into a Harley Dealer or a bar parking lot, everyone wants to check out my Spyder

Just saying...

Ok you just made me laugh my butt off!!!

I would have to agree. Some do need to quit watching Sons of Anarchy. If that's how they believe most MC clubs live.

I will say, the only reason I started this thread was BECAUSE I WAS approached by the 1%'ers . Who I know very well. And they were not confrontational or anything. They were just telling me what I could expect and how to do things correctly to wear our group patch we have here without offending anyone. As for the few who thinks these men are idiots or bad. You apparently don't know any of them. The majority are great guys who just live by a different set of rules than you and I..

As always, just ride for fun and be safe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So who actually owns all of the rights to this mystical and magical "Motorcycle club" designation??
    If we call ourselves a "Philosophical Society"; do you think that we'd be left alone??
    Supposidly its belongs to the 1%ers. Anybody else is a "Riding Club".

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Got an education on MC clubs this weekend for Texas

Lamont posted a great link as to the "lingo" of the MC clubs and how they work.

And I apologize if this thread has caused any misunderstandings. It was just intended to inform and nothing else, on what I personally was told this weekend at an event I went to.

The information I was given was specifically for my area and my state. And as many of you have pointed out. If you don't act stupid. They really won't mess with you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you don't act stupid. They really won't mess with you.
    So does "Stupid" actually include how you decorate your jacket with patches or not?
    I would HOPE that contextual clues would mean something in the overall interaction.
    Example: I've got a jacket from Walt Disney World... It's got Mickey on the back dressed as the Wizard from Fantasia...
    If my initials were MC", and I had an "Empire State" patch on my jacket because I happen to LIKE New York...
    Am I risking a confrontation even if I'm just sitting enjoying an ice cream along the highway with my Missus?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 11-20-2012 at 09:34 AM.

arntufun

Ok you just made me laugh my butt off!!!

I would have to agree. Some do need to quit watching Sons of Anarchy. If that's how they believe most MC clubs live.

I will say, the only reason I started this thread was BECAUSE I WAS approached by the 1%'ers . Who I know very well. And they were not confrontational or anything. They were just telling me what I could expect and how to do things correctly to wear our group patch we have here without offending anyone. As for the few who thinks these men are idiots or bad. You apparently don't know any of them. The majority are great guys who just live by a different set of rules than you and I..

As always, just ride for fun and be safe.

Your right........... I don't know them.

South Park even makes fun of these people !!!!!! Your "so called" friends are the ones that might need to stop watching SOA if they think people still listen to them anymore or care what disrespects them.

You ride and be safe out there as well.
    Last edited by arntufun; 11-20-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So does "Stupid" actually include how you decorate your jacket with patches or not?
    I would HOPE that contextual clues would mena something in the overall interaction.
    Example: I've got a jacket from Walt Disney World... It's got Mickey on the back dressed as the Wizard from Fantasia...
    If my initials were MC", and I had an "Empire State" patch on my jacket because I happen to LIKE New York...
    Am I risking a confrontation even if I'm just sitting enjoying an ice cream along the highway with my Missus?

Bob, you made me laugh! Love that!

I am sorry, I guess I should have clarified...(I am still half asleep) I meant "stupid" as in how you interact with them. I think if you act confrontational such as .. example: sitting on someones bike, making unfriendly remarks, or plain being mean, it is going to be an issue I think We all just want to be respectful of each other, I respect their issues with how they live and their rules..(even though I don't really understand them)..And as for being confrontational sitting eating ice cream.. I sure hope not
    I think ice cream makes everyone happy.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=arntufun;542630]Your right........... I don't know them.

Your friends so called rules don't mean anything to me and I could care less what they think is disrespect or not.

South Park even makes fun of these people !!!!!! Your "so called" friends are the ones that might need to stop watching SOA if they think people still listen to them anymore.

You ride and be safe out there as well. [/QUOTE

I agree that these "rules" shouldn't matter. Unfortunately they do where I live. We have clashes between a few MC clubs at least a few times a year here.
    It is sad and I do not know why they can not all just ride for fun and get along...Just the way it is I guess. ((Sigh))

For such a small city I live in, we have a big drug problem as well as guns and other illegal practices. According to my neighbor who is a police officer, it has to do with us being right on the 1-40 corridor and they run this stuff from west to east and vice versa.

As for me.. I like EVERYBODY! and will be friendly with everybody. I like to see the good in people not only the bad. We all have faults, we all have opinions and I think that's what makes us all so great as individuals

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think ice cream makes everyone happy.
    I agree! The world needs more ice cream bars!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

The Florida Express Rides again.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Forrest... Ride this way so we can go get some ice cream!

Be safe and have a great holiday.

zrc

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    I would like to patch in with the Florida Express MC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's a MC club called the Ruff Ryders MC. Does that mean we can't call ourselves ryders?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was reading a thread on the Patriot Guard forum on this subject, and it does vary from state to state / region to region. One of the things mentioned was that in the MC, they have to earn their back patch, while many riding clubs, or even the PGR, can simply buy it and sew it on.

From the PGR FAQ's...
    The PGR is NOT a Motorcycle or Riding Club. This back patch is not representative of, nor is it an indication that PGR is a Motorcycle or Riding Club. We do not earn this patch but purchase it from our store. Back patches representing M/C’s or R/C’s are earned by their members during the year or two in which they “prospect” or serve as a prospective member. They work hard to earn the right to wear the patch.

If you choose to purchase or wear the back patch please check with your state captain to make sure that he/she has contacted the COC in your state for approval of the patch BEFORE you purchase the patch. COC in some states are recommending that the back patch not be worn due to safety concerns for our members. Trust in their judgment, they are more aware of the attitudes of the individual M/C’s than we are. WARNING: if you are asked to remove the garment on which you are wearing the patch, please do so immediately, and without contention, for your personal safety.
    A little common sense can be the difference between making a friend, or an enemy...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    I was reading a thread on the Patriot Guard forum on this subject, and it does vary from state to state / region to region. One of the things mentioned was that in the MC, they have to earn their back patch, while many riding clubs, or even the PGR, can simply buy it and sew it on.

From the PGR FAQ's...

A little common sense can be the difference between making a friend, or an enemy...

Well said

I am a member of our local PGR and we don't wear a back patch. Just a small one on the front and a pin. Just trying to get along with everybody.

Spyder Garage

I think enough has been said on this subject and some things that shouldn't be said. At the risk of this post getting some of you in trouble I'm going to lock it down for now.

Bottomline is there are rules out there like it or not and if you want to play pirate then you better know what you're dealing with. I came from this lifestyle and I can tell you it's no joke and can get you hurt if you think it is.