Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Got an education on MC clubs this weekend for Texas

Just thought I would share some info I learned this weekend for all the Spyder chapters wearing patches.

First thing I learned. If you live in Texas and have a back patch with the word "Texas" on it and have not cleared it through your local Bandidos crew...BEWARE.. This is considered disrespectful and they don't tolerate it well. Same goes for shirts.

Second.. DO NOT use red and gold for any colors

Third.. If you want something on the back of your vest representing your area. Have it airbrushed! Since it is not a patch, They do not care.. But, once again. DO NOT put Texas in the logo.

Fourth... No rocker patches

Fifth... You can put a Texas state patch on the front or anywhere else on your vest or jacket as long as it is not part of a logo.

Best thing to do seems to be know your local MC clubs and make sure you stay within their guidelines unless you are looking for trouble

just thought I would share this with y'all.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Very nice group of guys BTW

Senior Moment
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blondespyder View Post
    Just thought I would share some info I learned this weekend for all the Spyder chapters wearing patches.

First thing I learned. If you live in Texas and have a back patch with the word "Texas" on it and have not cleared it through your local Bandidos crew...BEWARE.. This is considered disrespectful and they don't tolerate it well. Same goes for shirts.

Second.. DO NOT use red and gold for any colors

Third.. If you want something on the back of your vest representing your area. Have it airbrushed! Since it is not a patch, They do not care.. But, once again. DO NOT put Texas in the logo.

Fourth... No rocker patches

Fifth... You can put a Texas state patch on the front or anywhere else on your vest or jacket as long as it is not part of a logo.

Best thing to do seems to be know your local MC clubs and make sure you stay within their guidelines unless you are looking for trouble

just thought I would share this with y'all.
    Really Thought this was country you copuld still put what ever you want on your own stuff,, Hmmm Guess I woke up somewhere else..LOL

Spyder Garage

This is why I steer completely clear of 1%ers. When I rode with the Patriot Guard in Missouri we were often told not to wear a large PGR patch on your vest in certain areas. Many 1% club members have short fuses.

Haven't had that problem in Florida, but I still steer completely away from them.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Good read if you want to know the in's and outs.
    http://www.rcvsmc.net/id21.html

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Neutron View Post
    Really Thought this was country you copuld still put what ever you want on your own stuff,, Hmmm Guess I woke up somewhere else..LOL

You would think but, better safe than sorry. And I do not want to accidentally disrespect someone without even knowing about it

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Good read if you want to know the in's and outs.
    http://www.rcvsmc.net/id21.html

Thanks for that post Lamont!
    Always good to have ALL the correct info.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I read some of the stuff in Lamont's link and all I can say is wow they are very special in their own minds. Kind of like being introduced to the Queen
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Right or wrong, it pays to be aware of the "rules" and avoid these situations. Even if you are fully entitled to wear your colors, wearing them in another club's territory can be hazardous. I earned my colors years ago, but would not be caught dead in them in this day and age, especially in the wrong neighborhood. There is no sense in pushing buttons that need not be pushed. JMHO
    Last edited by NancysToy; 11-19-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Senior Moment
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Right or wrong, it pays to be aware of the "rules" and avoid these situations. Even if you are fully entitled to wear your colors, wearing them in another club's territory can be hazardous. I earned my colors years ago, but would be caught dead in them in this day and age, especially in the wrong neighborhood. There is no sense in pushing buttons that need not be pushed. JMHO
    man I guess I am totally naive to these things.. Whats all the color stuff and pushing buttons.. Glad I live where I do,, I would hate the idea of somebody being upset just because I wore the wrong colors.. Guess being a Backwoods Country boy ain't all that bad..

Spyder Garage

A very interesting and timely subject. What happens will depend on your area and which 1%'ers happen to be there.

In Alaska I have never encountered problems with the 1%'ers. We also have the Goldwingers, the Southern Cruisers, the Hells Angels, and the HOGs, and they all wear colors. The non-Hells Angels do not use a rocker patch at all. Alaska on the top and the organization patch below only. When AlaskaSpyderRiders was active, I had Alalska and the Cat Specialties RT patch on the back--but that was it.

When going on rides both of us usually wear our colors. I did get to test the waters one Saturday a couple years back. One of the road houses we usually stopped at for lunch always drew a share of bikers as customers. We pulled in one day when there were 7 or 8 HD's out front. When we went in we saw the contingent of the local Hells Angels sitting around a couple of the tables. To late to do anything. They acknowledged us, we acknowledge them, sat down and had our lunch. When they left they all had to look the Spyders over. Nothing was said about our vests or patches. I am a little more observant now when I stop to make sure I do not put myself in a bad place. I will avoid a gas station with 20 HD's or a roadhouse with similar.

The Avatar shows us in colors this summer.

I do my best to avoid trouble if possible.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-19-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Seems there are "gangs" in all areas of life. Not just the hood.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do not want to accidentally disrespect someone without even knowing about it
    Hmmm...

Very interesting... the disprespectful get mad if you disrespect them...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for that post Lamont!
    There's almost TOO much info in there for digestion in a single bite!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Right or wrong, it pays to be aware of the "rules" and avoid these situations. Even if you are fully entitled to wear your colors, wearing them in another club's territory can be hazardous. I earned my colors years ago, but would be caught dead in them in this day and age, especially in the wrong neighborhood. There is no sense in pushing buttons that need not be pushed. JMHO

Exactly!
    None of us here have official "colors" but, you still should know who's toes you may be stepping on and aware of the possible consequences. No matter where you live. There is a local MC club somewhere... Even in the hicks... And it is their territory! Wether you like it or not. So best to be respectful and don't go looking for trouble just because you think you have the right and its unfair. IMHO

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hmmm...

Very interesting... the disprespectful get mad if you disrespect them...

Honestly, I have had none of the local MC clubs ever act disrespectfully toward me or anyone I know. I count many of them as close personal friends and they would gladly do anything for me! I personally, do not consider any of them bad people or disrespectful. It's just one or two who make them all look bad and unfortunately they are the ones everyone remembers and makes assumptions about the whole group from
    IMHO.. That makes the person assuming just as bad for judging all by another's actions.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I read some of the stuff in Lamont's link and all I can say is wow they are very special in their own minds. Kind of like being introduced to the Queen

There is a protocol to it all.
    And I guess in a way is is like meeting royalty, they do control areas and certain events, rides, etc...

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A very interesting and timely subject. What happens will depend on your area and which 1%'ers happen to be there.

In Alaska I have never encountered problems with the 1%'ers. We also have the Goldwingers, the Southern Cruisers, the Hells Angels, and the HOGs, and they all wear colors. The non-Hells Angels do not use a rocker patch at all. Alaska on the top and the organization patch below only. When AlaskaSpyderRiders was active, I had Alalska and the Spyderlovers patch on the back--but that was it.

I'm not sure if you were mentioning local riding clubs or mentioning groups that may cause trouble. But, just for others I wanted to say that Southern Cruisers is NOT a 1%er group. I belong to my local chapter. SCRC is big on family, friends and being open to all motorcycle brands.

From their constitution:

6) The "Patch", as worn on the vest or jacket shall consist of the Winged Eagle worn on the upper half of the vest or jacket as the cut of the vest may allow. The SCRC Club Patch is not and should not be referred to as "Colors". No three-piece patches are permitted in the SCRC. No Member of the SCRC shall ever add the letters MC or wear the designation 1% on their vest, jacket or any other article of clothing while representing the SCRC. No M/C or 1% Support patches or any kind of MC support insignias, such as hats, T-shirts, stickers on helmets or bikes, or representations of any kind, will be displayed by members of the Southern Cruisers while wearing the SCRC patch, participating in Southern Cruisers events, or representing the Southern Cruisers in any way. No Rockers/Chapter Location Bars - "CLBs" that identify a City, State, or Territory or anything giving the appearance of a rocker will be worn with the SCRC wings on the back of the vest or jacket. The Southern Cruisers is a neutral, family oriented, international riding club and cannot show preference to any one club over another. Other patches that present the Southern Cruisers in a bad light will also not be worn. If there is any doubt, contact the National Membership Director for clarification.

I know in some areas 1%ers may not be active but, here we have quite a few. The Pagans were founded about 20 minutes away from where I live. The Hells Angels had a club house 2 miles away and we also have The Highwaymen and Iron Horsemen here as well. The ones I've seen tend not to go out of their way to cause trouble so, if you leave them alone they should leave you alone.

After a cold snap we had a couple really nice days and EVERYONE was out on bikes. I went up to my dealer in Baltimore to get a key programed then came home. I probably saw about 40-50 bikes. That's a lotta waving. I even waved to a HA and he waved back.
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Just a clarification. I consider the 1%ers to be the "outlaw" type gangs that are into territories, and various crime related activities.

Groups like the Goldwingers, the Southern Cruisers, HOGS, etc. etc. are just motorcycle clubs to me. I belonged to the Last Frontier Motorcycle club for over 10 years here. The Southern Cruisers are a great bunch of people and they also rode with the Last Frontier group. I am now an associate member of the Goldwing Riders. I consider no clubs up here to be "bad boys". Just great people to associate with who have a love for the sport of motorcycling.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down right to bare arms

I thank God for wisdom as I grow older, for Laila's mom, and for Laila because without them my foolish pride would have me to say I wish someone would tell me not to wear a patch that isn't from a gang. I get turf wars where one gang says they run a certain area, but that is between the gangs. You see a pedestrian riding with some regular citizens and you tell me to take my jacket off or a patch...but I digress, as I guess if you want a long life you have to suck up a lot of things. It's all apart of being a responsible adult, I suppose

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Got an education on MC clubs this weekend for Texas

Everyone makes very valid points. And it seems to me most everyone is well versed in how to stay away from trouble with the "outlaw" MC clubs.

No information is too much information to be safe and for everyone to get along

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just one little teeny-tiny clarification...
    When does a motorcycle club become a gang?

Spyder Garage

When you're the MOgang!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got it... MOGang is NOT MoMotorcycleclub!

Spyder Garage

I think with the motorcycle club you ask to join and they send you emails about events and ask you if you want to come and you can for 6 months without riding with them and still be in the club. With the gang you are down all the time and if you don't ride with them for a week they come looking for you because they think you went to the cops. lol