Thread: tail light lens

j pat

Default tail light lens

any one know where to find a replaceable lens dealer said not avil. must buy as a assy. 43.00 for all light&lens looked on web did not find any , lens only ------thanks for any info jpat

Spyder Garage

The dealer is correct. Maybe an individual has a lens for sale. When I broke mine, I bought a tail light at Walmart for about 15 bucks and notched the bottom out so the light would shine on the license plate. This was an idea from another member, but I don't recall who. The only adjustment I had to make was attaching the ground wire to the bike. Other than that, it has worked well for a couple years.
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

j pat

Default found lens

thanks for imput after a long serch found one at cruiser customizing 19.95 + shipping and a better lens thanks again jpat

Spyder Garage

Default Custom Dynamics has.......

a replacement lens that also is transparent and shows the tail light. They're an SL sponsor. Click on their banner ad on the Home page.

Spyder Garage

If you are talking about the license plate light, ESI or Custom Dynamics has what you need. See the SpyderLovers home page for these sponsors. When you replace the lens, put a dab of RTV silicone on the screw hole before you put on the lens and screw (you will need a new screw from the hardware store). Don't overtighten the screw. Let the silicone dry all night and you shouldn't have the problem again. If you want more security, put a couple of small dabs of silicone across the joint between the lens and the base. You can slit it with a razor blade for later lens removal.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I got mine here: http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am..._reflector.htm
    It works great and it gives you another rear facing light.

Mike

Spyder Garage

No the dealership is not correct.
    My lens fell off going down the road....I purchased another lens for $20 brand new online.

Spyder Garage

FYI..
    Coulda got a two pack at walmart for two bucks. Mine fell off as well. Grind off the top corners n it fits perfect.

Spyder Garage

Looking for a whole new tail light / license plate light assembly. Mine fell off a month ago. Anybody got a spare for a GS, that I could buy ?

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888